How to stop guild hoping ?

Part of a pretty good guild now and been loyal to them for some time, but we haven't got large enough to partake in some events because of never getting to 25 min . We get some members and help them out with donations and stuff , but then the bounce on us . So we never can get big enough. Little frustrating. Any suggestions out there ? Wish there was some kind of penalty or restrictions that kept people from taking advantage of this.

Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Maybe have your guild leader post in the guild section of the forums and do a merge with a guild of similar size. Unfortunately there is no way to stop people from leaving, but there others that have this same problem. Avengers Assemble!
  • The only restriction I know of is that they can't participate in any guild events for 24 hours after joining. This is suppose to prevent guild hopping (at least quick guild hopping).

Try posting on the guild section here to see if there's any other smaller guilds looking for people, consider a merger with them. That is exactly what I did and it worked out perfectly. Full, active guild now.
  • IgneoMorte
    253 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Rebellions are built on Hope. I don’t know why you would want to eliminate guild hoping. Hope is an important thing for people to have.

In all seriousness, though, a merge is probably your best bet.
  • Thanks both , didn't know about the 24 hours .
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They are not really taking advantage of anything. Maybe you could be a little more selective about who you let in. Also as stated it would be in your beat interest to merge and get up to 45-50 range as this will help with overall retention.
  • Jooms wrote: »
    The only restriction I know of is that they can't participate in any guild events for 24 hours after joining. This is suppose to prevent guild hopping (at least quick guild hopping).

Try posting on the guild section here to see if there's any other smaller guilds looking for people, consider a merger with them. That is exactly what I did and it worked out perfectly. Full, active guild now.

There is no 24 hour restriction other than for guild donations. I recently switched guilds and immediately participated in a raid and TW.

I see no reason to stop guild hopping, because there is no benefit to changing guilds frequently. I’m pretty sure there is a limit on raids per week, so mercenaries can’t just guild hop to do 5 raids in a day or something.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jooms wrote: »
    The only restriction I know of is that they can't participate in any guild events for 24 hours after joining. This is suppose to prevent guild hopping (at least quick guild hopping).

There is no 24 hour restriction other than for guild donations. I recently switched guilds and immediately participated in a raid and TW.

I see no reason to stop guild hopping, because there is no benefit to changing guilds frequently. I’m pretty sure there is a limit on raids per week, so mercenaries can’t just guild hop to do 5 raids in a day or something.

He is referring to the 24 hour single guild hop rule. You can only join 1 guild in a 24 hour period (I believe that is the current setup).