How to make IG-100 usable! (Rework)

DeNiro
48 posts Member
edited February 2016
Here is the link to my post in reddit,
I'm always open to discussions!!

> https://redd.it/47conv

"First of all, you know that droids teams are begging for a droid tank, that actually tanks so...

I present to you the new IG-100 MagnaGuard:

Classes: Droid, Tank
Description: Droid Tank with high survivability in battle that becomes deadly with droid allies together.

STATS

11000 Health
130~140 Speed
2000 Base / Aoe 1600-1700
400 Physical Critical Chance
1000 Special (he will not have any special damage ability)
0 Special Critical Chance
300 Armor
45 Armor Pen
180 Special Resistence
120 Resist Penetration
60% Potency
42% Tenacity

ABILITIES

Basic (Electrostaff Assault) - Dealt Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-60% chance to inflict Stun for 1 turn. / This is the Electrostaff actual function, to stun enemies, and not to make a tiny wound.
Special (Disruption) - Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gains Evasion Up for 2 turns. If this attack scores more than one Critical Hit, he gains Taunt for 2 turns. (Cooldown: 3) / He don't have a high critical chance to proc this alone, he'll need HK-47 as leader and the IGs for maximum utility.
Unique (Unstoppable Fury) - IG-100 has +10% Evade Chance against Jedi, and gains 10% Max Health for each living Droid in your squad. In addition, when IG-100 Evades, all Droid allies gains 10% Turn Meter. / This'll make him tankier than before against Jedi, but not too hard to kill. And you will have to have all 3 droids ( and him ) for 40% max health increase and turn meter gain.

What you think Devs? What you think people? This is too much?
Please let me know your thoughts, share your ideas,
I'm always open to discussions!
(Sorry any english mistake) "

(I'm not spamming, I'm posting this in another places to transform this idea in a real thing!)
English mistakes will appear very regularly in my sentences!
Post edited by DeNiro on

Replies

• Love the post.
    Very well thought out.
    My main team currently is the 3 main droids and 2 geonocians but got IG-100 in a bronze pack and am wondering how he would look at higher levels.
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Love the post.
    Very well thought out.
    My main team currently is the 3 main droids and 2 geonocians but got IG-100 in a bronze pack and am wondering how he would look at higher levels.

Well, after this update, he's less useful than before. Don't even try to max him out.
    I made this concept to change IG-100 capabilities of "tanking" (it's in his original discription: "Disruptive Droid Tank that becomes deadly if ignored"). Maybe this way he can be useful.
  • Love the idea, more taunting tanks are needed imo. Lol how can the Jedi who for us on defense not have someone who can taunt?
    That being said, doesnt Grievous' skill make up for droids not having taunt?
  • Love the idea, more taunting tanks are needed imo. Lol how can the Jedi who for us on defense not have someone who can taunt?
    That being said, doesnt Grievous' skill make up for droids not having taunt?

Yes, but will be so hard to get Grievous (for F2P and low-mid spending people) that IG-100 will be a nice replace for Poe, that is used the most right now.
  • I faced a 7* IG-100 recently and he hit for surprisingly high damage.
  • This is important when you consider that Grievous will be off the menu for most and Droids need some beefing up. I really hope that he can be viable!!!
  • Poe is very good but people inflate his skills. Yes he can taunt sometime before you get a chance to act but he really does not offer much else. Your goal in pvp is to kill as many toons as fast as you can. Does it really matter (in most cases)if that toon is Poe or Sid? Tanks are best used when they taunt at the end of the first round or beginning of the second since most first round attacks are AoEs. So why does his speed matter? High hp to survive a round or 2 of attacks should be more important imo.
    I fear that once real pvp is released we will all have to rethink out teams.
  • I faced a 7* IG-100 recently and he hit for surprisingly high damage.

I don't wanna be negative, but they clearly nerfed his base damage in this update, he was hitting harder before. Now his base damage is weaker than Chewie.
  • DeNiro wrote: »
    I faced a 7* IG-100 recently and he hit for surprisingly high damage.

I don't wanna be negative, but they clearly nerfed his base damage in this update, he was hitting harder before. Now his base damage is weaker than Chewie.

You bet they did... he is now critting for about half of what he was before... He used to crit for around 4600 before but is now criting for around 2600.. not sure how that is a buff......
  • Poe is very good but people inflate his skills. Yes he can taunt sometime before you get a chance to act but he really does not offer much else. Your goal in pvp is to kill as many toons as fast as you can. Does it really matter (in most cases)if that toon is Poe or Sid? Tanks are best used when they taunt at the end of the first round or beginning of the second since most first round attacks are AoEs. So why does his speed matter? High hp to survive a round or 2 of attacks should be more important imo.
    I fear that once real pvp is released we will all have to rethink out teams.

My goal here is to incentive more and more synergized squads, mostly in the Arena. Doesn't make sense Poe in a droid squad, right?

Yeah, my 6* IG-100 lost over 1000 on his special damage stat. He already hit weak before, now it is a lot worse.

The offense down is very unreliable. The turn meter reduction doesn't proc much and I have yet to see him gain meter from the enemy evade. Have not seen him speed up either. The 45% counter chance is way too low and doesn't proc much.

Not sure what they were thinking with this "buff". They took an already bad character and made him worse. Really hope the devs take a closer look and make sure that he is actually functioning as intended.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • CptCaveman wrote: »
    DeNiro wrote: »

Yeah, my 6* IG-100 lost over 1000 on his special damage stat. He already hit weak before, now it is a lot worse.

The offense down is very unreliable. The turn meter reduction doesn't proc much and I have yet to see him gain meter from the enemy evade. Have not seen him speed up either. The 45% counter chance is way too low and doesn't proc much.

Not sure what they were thinking with this "buff". They took an already bad character and made him worse. Really hope the devs take a closer look and make sure that he is actually functioning as intended.

That's why I made this re-rework on IG-100, because who will bring him into the Arena, now? No one, literally, no one. And it's not just this character, there's a lot more that need some rework.

• This is important when you consider that Grievous will be off the menu for most and Droids need some beefing up. I really hope that he can be viable!!!

Yes, So true!
  • This is sad to see so many disappointed but it's not surprising after what we've seen...
  • I have him 7* and fully tooled.
    To me, right now, It feels as if the nerf bat has twocked him full on in the face.
    I liked how he used to play, critting often. Now he feels as if he is using a wet towel. I suppose only time will show me what his role is, because right now, I'm abit confused.
  • IG1066 wrote: »
    I have him 7* and fully tooled.
    To me, right now, It feels as if the nerf bat has twocked him full on in the face.
    I liked how he used to play, critting often. Now he feels as if he is using a wet towel. I suppose only time will show me what his role is, because right now, I'm abit confused.

His role is to stay in the bench or to just die, if you're running in GW.
    And why they nerfed, right? There is no explanation.
  • This is sad to see so many disappointed but it's not surprising after what we've seen...

Everyone is disappointed... ;(
    Here is the link to my post in reddit,
    I'm always open to discussions!!

> https://redd.it/47conv

"First of all, you know that droids teams are begging for a droid tank, that actually tanks so...

I present to you the new IG-100 MagnaGuard:

Classes: Droid, Tank
    Description: Droid Tank with high survivability in battle that becomes deadly with droid allies together.

STATS

11000 Health
    130~140 Speed
    2000 Base / Aoe 1600-1700
    400 Physical Critical Chance
    1000 Special (he will not have any special damage ability)
    0 Special Critical Chance
    300 Armor
    45 Armor Pen
    180 Special Resistence
    120 Resist Penetration
    60% Potency
    42% Tenacity

ABILITIES

Basic (Electrostaff Assault) - Dealt Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-60% chance to inflict Stun for 1 turn. / This is the Electrostaff actual function, to stun enemies, and not to make a tiny wound.
    Special (Disruption) - Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gains Evasion Up for 2 turns. If this attack scores more than one Critical Hit, he gains Taunt for 2 turns. (Cooldown: 3) / He don't have a high critical chance to proc this alone, he'll need HK-47 as leader and the IGs for maximum utility.
    Unique (Unstoppable Fury) - IG-100 has +10% Evade Chance against Jedi, and gains 10% Max Health for each living Droid in your squad. In addition, when IG-100 Evades, all Droid allies gains 10% Turn Meter. / This'll make him tankier than before against Jedi, but not too hard to kill. And you will have to have all 3 droids ( and him ) for 40% max health increase and turn meter gain.

What you think Devs? What you think people? This is too much?
    Please let me know your thoughts, share your ideas,
    I'm always open to discussions!
    (Sorry any english mistake) "

(I'm not spamming, I'm posting this in another places to transform this idea in a real thing!)

Are these 7* level 70 max stats you're proposing?

It'd be super to see a droid with 140 speed since I'm running a Lobot led, 88, 86, HK and Poe team now and intend to replace Poe with Poggle once he's starred/geared up. Even though I only have Lobot and 86 at 6*, Poe at 5* and 88 at 7*, they're already doing rather well in Arena at only 25.1k power and still have room to improve on ability level and 1-2 gear slots each.
    Forsaking the taunt for more speed and offense up will hopefully pay off at least for the time being.
    After examining the datamined info though it appears droid teams won't be viable after the next cap raise due to speed issues, even with Lobot as leader.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Are these 7* level 70 max stats you're proposing?

It'd be super to see a droid with 140 speed since I'm running a Lobot led, 88, 86, HK and Poe team now and intend to replace Poe with Poggle once he's starred/geared up. Even though I only have Lobot and 86 at 6*, Poe at 5* and 88 at 7*, they're already doing rather well in Arena at only 25.1k power and still have room to improve on ability level and 1-2 gear slots each.
    Forsaking the taunt for more speed and offense up will hopefully pay off at least for the time being.
    After examining the datamined info though it appears droid teams won't be viable after the next cap raise due to speed issues, even with Lobot as leader.

Yes, 7* stars, at level 70 and Gear 8.
    ....You have Lobot? I never see a Lobot in the game against or with me (as leader in single player). And how he performs in Arena? Is he good ? (or "he is good?", sorry any english mistakes)
    Well, these datamined are not 100% true, they are not trustable, just need one update to change everything, though...
    I'll never give up of my lovely droids <3
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited February 2016

....You have Lobot? I never see a Lobot in the game against or with me (as leader in single player). And how he performs in Arena? Is he good ? (or "he is good?", sorry any english mistakes)
    Well, these datamined are not 100% true, they are not trustable, just need one update to change everything, though...

So far, so good. He's a REALLY hard farm but I've been at it since early December as an act of faith since buying the droid pack. He's only at 6* so far and I can still upgrade 3 of his abilities to level 7 but his gear is maxxed at 9. He works best against debuff teams and a more solid Poe would help protect the team better but I think Poggle with the stacking speed buff and offense up would be even better.

The droid team is performing ok with only a 5* Poe and a 6* HK and 86 and a 7* 88.
    I can still do 1-2 gear slots on each of the droids to max them out and add an ability level here and there which will make a difference. Hopefully Poggle will work better, time will tell.

14wsxgh.png

Ally Code: 945-699-762

So far, so good. He's a REALLY hard farm but I've been at it since early December as an act of faith since buying the droid pack. He's only at 6* so far and I can still upgrade 3 of his abilities to level 7 but his gear is maxxed at 9. He works best against debuff teams and a more solid Poe would help protect the team better but I think Poggle with the stacking speed buff and offense up would be even better.

The droid team is performing ok with only a 5* Poe and a 6* HK and 86 and a 7* 88.
    I can still do 1-2 gear slots on each of the droids to max them out and add an ability level here and there which will make a difference. Hopefully Poggle will work better, time will tell.

Uhh, nice! I have a tipical droid team: HK, IG-86 and 88, Poggle and Poe. And I can say to you that Poggle is the base of my squad. Because his buffs (plus speed and offense) are crucial to kill a lot faster in Arena. Maybe in GWs Lobot shines like a diamond with his heal.

Poe... I don't like him. I use him since early Febuary and yes, he helped a lot in Arena but, I really don't see a droid team focused with Poe... Doesn't make sense.

Anyways, I suggest to you invest in Poggle, he's great, he's a "no-brainer".

• Who
    IG1066 wrote: »
    I have him 7* and fully tooled.

His role is to stay in the bench or to just die, if you're running in GW.
    And why they nerfed, right? There is no explanation.

Who are they going to nerf next? Admiral Ackbar? Mob Enforcer? I actually invested in IG-100 thinking that the devs would eventually have to make him better - because he really was that bad. It was almost as if he didnt take off any damage at all when he attacked but the idea of all droid was interesting.

Just when I was starting to appreciate his anti jedi initiative stealing move, they nerf that and his attacks - which, by the way, makes the fact that his few are far between counter almost meaningless. His increased crits were critical.

If they are trying to get people interested in spending tons of money investing in a grevious led all droid team, maybe you don't want to start by making a questionable droid a total team killer.

Totally agree with the poster: He needs a stun, and everything back that was taken. Maybe leave the counter on as a consolation...