2018-style Empire team. Ditch Moff?

I'm developing my Empire team at the moment, and have been leaning towards Darth Vader, Emperor Palaptine, Grand Moff Tarkin, Tie Fighter Pilot and Royal Guard. However I also have a pretty strong Grand Admiral Thrawn (5*) that I'm thinking of swapping instead of Grand Moff Tarkin.

Good idea? Bad idea? I have a really strong Phoenix team (strong enough to win 7* Palpatine this month) so if Thrawn's event comes back I'm going to build him up with them.

Replies

• 2018 style Empire uses Pal Thrawn IPD Shore Death. Anyways Thrawn is better than Tarkin for sure
  • Tarkin is amazing. I would not dump him. Use EP, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin + a fifth.

I'm using Tarkin Lead right now with Thrawn, EP, Vader and Death Trooper. Made it to the 4th place payout in arena. I'm undergeared compared to my top 10. I have 4 gear 9 and Thrawn is at gear 10. I can beat any Rebel or NS team at the moment and I have 0 zetas and only a few omegas on their basics. lvl 7 on all of their specials.
  • I will be swapping out for shore and death trooper once I get my hands on them. Haven't got them yet. In the meantime I might play your suggestions. Regardless, though, it seems that Thrawn is in.
  • I will be swapping out for shore and death trooper once I get my hands on them. Haven't got them yet. In the meantime I might play your suggestions. Regardless, though, it seems that Thrawn is in.

Personally I would swap out either RG or TFP for thrawn and keep GMT
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thrawn is one of the most powerful Empire toons. You should have him in any sort of your lineup. RG isn't worth it right now. I'd take him out. When you can, switch in Shore to get a good taunter in there.

Edit: typos
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Tarkin is amazing. I would not dump him. Use EP, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin + a fifth.

I'm using Tarkin Lead right now with Thrawn, EP, Vader and Death Trooper. Made it to the 4th place payout in arena. I'm undergeared compared to my top 10. I have 4 gear 9 and Thrawn is at gear 10. I can beat any Rebel or NS team at the moment and I have 0 zetas and only a few omegas on their basics. lvl 7 on all of their specials.

why tarkin lead instead of palp lead?
    A fast vader can provide the whole team with TM right of the bat.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Thrawn is probably the best DS toon because he is good in almost any team, LS or DS..5* is already Arena viable . Go for it.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    What is this for? Arena? PvE?

Either way, my theorycrafting is leading to think the best Empire team is no longer Troopers (Thrawn(L), Shore, Death, Storm then either Krennic, Probe Droid or Veers) but now probably some zPalpatine team.

Likely zPalp(l), zVader, Shore, Storm, TFP (he gets so many turns under zPalp). But you may not need 2 tanks and Probe Droid might be better than TFP.

So maybe zPalp(l), zVader, Shore, zThrawn, Probe.

Not sure if Tarkin might be a better option in either of these.
  • I wish I had that IPD.
  • SPLITTING VADER AND PALPATINE: anyone else do this so as to have a Palpatine-led Sith team? I use him to lead the Sith and Thrawn to lead Empire (alongside Vader, RG, TIE Pilot, and Tarkin). I don't have Shoretrooper, more's the pity, but so be it, Jedi.
  • The squad at the top of my shard has ep Vader dn thrawn and gmt. Not a single tank. Anyone else see this? I'm around 30 won't be able to get there just curious. I'm starting to wonder if tanks are even useful anymore. You need 3 of them to even have anyone taunting after first turn.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    The squad at the top of my shard has ep Vader dn thrawn and gmt. Not a single tank. Anyone else see this? I'm around 30 won't be able to get there just curious. I'm starting to wonder if tanks are even useful anymore. You need 3 of them to even have anyone taunting after first turn.

What are their speed mods like compared to others on your shard? Usually to run a viable no tank team you need superior mods.
    The squad at the top of my shard has ep Vader dn thrawn and gmt. Not a single tank. Anyone else see this? I'm around 30 won't be able to get there just curious. I'm starting to wonder if tanks are even useful anymore. You need 3 of them to even have anyone taunting after first turn.

Actually for a long period of time, I was using Zarriss as my tank under a Zaul lead. Good against speedy thrawn and raid han teams. If raid han shoots first, it will be always be her first. And if thrawn fractures her at the start, no fret as well, cause all I need is her unique critical heal.

What are their speed mods like compared to others on your shard? Usually to run a viable no tank team you need superior mods.

I'm in a Nov. 15 shard everyone has super mods at top. No speed advantage.
  • I'm developing my Empire team at the moment, and have been leaning towards Darth Vader, Emperor Palaptine, Grand Moff Tarkin, Tie Fighter Pilot and Royal Guard. However I also have a pretty strong Grand Admiral Thrawn (5*) that I'm thinking of swapping instead of Grand Moff Tarkin.

Good idea? Bad idea? I have a really strong Phoenix team (strong enough to win 7* Palpatine this month) so if Thrawn's event comes back I'm going to build him up with them.

Pull TFP

Run Ep Dv Tarkin Thrawn and 5th. Either wampa, ShT, GK if you can.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    1. Is Vader viable @5* for this lineup?
    2. Is Palp viable as lead w/o his zeta (currently farming this..)
    3. If Palp not viable w/o zeta who is the next viable alternative for lead - Thrawn or Tarkin?
  • 1. Is Vader viable @5* for this lineup?
    2. Is Palp viable as lead w/o his zeta (currently farming this..)
    3. If Palp not viable w/o zeta who is the next viable alternative for lead - Thrawn or Tarkin?

It sounds like you are in early game so yeah EP lead is fine without a zeta but then make it your 1st zeta. I honestly have no clue how to build a zetaless squad. But that is the only 1 zeta squad I know that can rock it on any shard.