Retiring old raids into solo raids

I've seen a lot of comments expressing that raids have become a chore, especially for long-term players. I've only been playing about a year, but my roster can take down both raids without any help (although Haat would take retreats and rng luck). Raids have thus become quite stale to older guilds. A possible solution may be to give guilds the option to make the old raids for individuals after a certain amount of clears. This would eliminate the staleness of using the same characters in a small time window, would get rid of the reward-roulette at the end, and would once and for all solve the problem of people scoring during a registration period. Rewards can be tiered based on how much of the raid is completed, ensuring that rewards are still given for those who don't have time to finish a full Haat, or simply don't have the capability to do so.

I know that both raids are no longer end-game content, but I think being able to more fully experience them may make them more enjoyable.

This is just an idea I came up with, so I'm sure it's flawed. Nonetheless, I'm interested on what others think about it.

This will likely be moved to feedback soon, so I'm hoping a few people see this first.

Replies

• People see all new thread using "recent discussion" no matter where they're moved.

I like the idea personally
  • +1 on having a retirement button.

Try throwing like 5 topics in equal portion and see where the mod tries to shelve your ideas. :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Raids may not be "End Game" material any more, but as they should be they get easier as you develop. no reason to get rid of them in any way more then they are. The game is a grind, hitting a raid is in that grind.

setting up a Pit team and hitting auto isn't really a chore.
  • My idea was not at all to get rid of them, but to make the option of completing them as an individual, rather than a guild. Actually, one of the reasons I would personally like this change is that I would be able to actually play the raid rather than put the rancor on solo, or put in a low score on the Haat so that my guildies can get the top 3 GK shards faster.
  • A real question would be: why are they still called raids when they are soloable and do not require a guild force anymore to complete? Beats me...
  • I would love to have the older raids be able to be solo events at this point personally.