Phoenix Squadron

So I heard from someone in my guild that the best way to get Thrawn and beat the whole Artist of War challenge is with the following Phoenix Squadron: Hera, Kanan, Zeb, Ezra, and Sabine, all of them modded with full sets of maximum health mods. However, I’ve modded my Sabine and Ezra with the suggested mod sets, and they just keep dying over and over again when I use them in arenas, Galatic Wars, and other battles. Should I replace one of them with Chopper? Also, has anyone ever gotten 7* Thrawn? If so, what was your strategy. I’m aware that it’s different for anyone, but I would love to hear some advice.

Replies

• There is a bunch of thread about how to do it... but here are your 3 choices...

1. Use chopper, gear the up to g9/g10, omega all unique, pray for good RNG.
    2. Go with what you have, gear the up to g9/10, omega all uniques, pray for good RNG.
    3. Use chopper, gear them to g8 & zeta kanan. Omega all uniques. Beat it your 1st attempt.

I went with option 3.
  • There's people who have done it at G8 with both squads. Generally that requires slapping an omega on all of their uniques (needs level 82 for Chopper, 80 for everyone else), and praying for good RNG. I would suggest that you plan on going higher, just to be safe, and so that your team is prepared for everything LSTB and TW can throw at it (I tried in January to get Thrawn, but failed--I wasn't able to omega their uniques, and my mods simply weren't on par--after... I honestly stopped counting the attempts. I'd say anywhere between a hundred and three? I managed to get down to Thrawn alone once).

Honestly, I say use whichever set up you enjoy more and feels more natural to you. Both ways of running Phoenix can do the event, so it's just down to preference. If you're low in one area you can cover a lot of ground with other abilities, gear, mods, or levels (I still wouldn't toss a zeta on Phoenix unless I had a lot of them).
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Mods are wrong. All g8 ok. No zeta needed.

1. Make chopper fast over 190. He will taunt first and get fractured.
    2. Backup plan him.
    3. Zeb should have ALL potency mods with protection secondaries. Feed ALL assists through him for daze stun. Everyone else should have at least protection secondary mods.
    4. Death Trooper buff is deadly and can only be removed by zeb or sabine stagger (or chopper last special). Stagger/debuff each ASAP then kill DTs, then others then Thrawn.
    5. Just ignore thrawn. He will fracture either chopper or kanan. Keep backup plan on them and you wont lose a guy.

Ive told everyone in my guild this and they all beat him shortly after. Secret to whole fight is the Death Trooper buff. If you dont remove it you die. Will still take a few tries but this works. Also you dont have to have chopper but he makes it way easier.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Mods are wrong. All g8 ok. No zeta needed.

1. Make chopper fast over 190. He will taunt first and get fractured.
    2. Backup plan him.
    3. Zeb should have ALL potency mods with protection secondaries. Feed ALL assists through him for daze stun. Everyone else should have at least protection secondary mods.
    4. Death Trooper buff is deadly and can only be removed by zeb or sabine stagger. Stagger each ASAP then kill DTs, then others then Thrawn.
    5. Just ignore thrawn. He will fracture either chopper or kanan. Keep backup plan on them and you wont lose a guy.

Ive told everyone in my guild this and they all beat him shortly after. Secret to whole fight is the Death Trooper buff. If you dont remove it with stagger you die. Will still take a few tries but this works. Also you dont have to have chopper but he makes it way easier.

1 correction - chopper's also got a buff dispel that works against that buff. I still have all of them at gear 8 without all the omegas, and I best it months ago.
  • Thank you. Ill edit the post. Are you sure about that? Its been a while but I could not beat it then read the instructions about the buff and swore it said only stagger and then beat it right away.
  • This was months ago, I got him to 7* the 2nd time around... They might have changed that. But, when I did it, it worked. Guess we'll have to wait for the Mythic version to know for sure.
  • Yeah that is when I did it too. Hard to remember.

Legendary one would be nice. The rewards from the Palpatine one are awesome.
  • You can use stagger or a cleanse to remove the deathtrooper buff. Both Ezra and Chopper's cleanses worked (though you want to avoid using Chopper's cleanse if at all possible because the resisted TMR feeds Thrawn's team TM).

... I still flinch when I see the Thrawn's office map.
  • My son had to have chopper at g9, rest at g8 was fine. Sabine is good for arena but I'd suggest chopper everywhere else.
  • Sabine is a bad character before zeta. I did it with all G8 but no Sabine. Most of my abilities were level 4~5
    https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala

no ability or gear upgraded since the completion of tier 7. Mods were better of course.
  • Please note - you can use Sabine rather than Chopper.

Choice is yours.
  • If I'd have a test account with everything maxed in it, I'd probably put Ezra out if the Phoenix squad. Especially for TW - he will be amazing in a Jedi squad, while the rest pretty much need each other.

The lower your level, the more you need to rely on survivability to get through events, which means leaving out either Ezra or Sabine.
  • Yeah I personally use sabine and chopper with Phoenix and Ezra in Rebel squads for TW. Choppered Phoenux squads are great on D in TW.
  • Wow I didn’t expect to get this much advice
  • Thanks everyone :)
  • From the general consensus, I think that I’ll go and use Chopper for the challenge then
  • Also, I’ve got everybody in Phoenix Squadron at g8, so the only thing that I have to do is mod and train.
  • rayroars
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm gonna assume you're having trouble with the last tier last encounter. I think one of the crux is not to attack the death troopers. They tend to aoe and that gets the entire phoenix squad to counter, thus saves you a turn. You will want to save ezra's dispel skill on the taunting stormtrooper. After which attack thrawn whenever you have a chance because his health is **** high. Get high potency mods for zeb as you want to use daze/stun combo on thrawn whenever possible. Can also give high potency to hera as well for her expose. I think its useful against thrawn. After you take down the taunter and the deathtroopers, just aim for thrawn. Don't bother about the other 2 st commanders. They can heal but really rarely. If you gonna waste time bringing them down first, thrawn's fracture will slowly wear you down eventually.

Video guide:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WB8K9eySwPU&t=91s
  • So all potency mods for Zeb and Hera. Then what about everyone else? I have a few crit damages on Ezra and Sabine, while Kanan is fully modded with health. I have a few extra defense mods lying around. Should I use those?
  • Porg wrote: »
    So all potency mods for Zeb and Hera. Then what about everyone else? I have a few crit damages on Ezra and Sabine, while Kanan is fully modded with health. I have a few extra defense mods lying around. Should I use those?

Giving kanan defensive mods is the right choice. cause you need him alive to make sure his unique counter skill works. crit dmg mods on Ezra and Sabine is fine. In the video link i sent previously, showed the mods used and the stats of each character at the end of the video.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Phoenix gimmick is Protection. Zeb and Chops uniques are extremely powerful together. They ALL need to have protection secondaries. Of course put damage on ezra and sabine and potency on Zeb, but everyone needs protection secondaries. Chopper needs speed also so he can taunt first. All of my +2000 protection secondaries go to them.

Modded properly they can easily finish all of GW and some events with everyone having 100% protection and health.