Darth Vader rework- just need a little bit more!

WattoisSnoke
244 posts Member
edited February 2018
So I actually don’t mind the Vader rework at all but honestly, if he just had a couple of little extras, he’d be great IMHO. This is what I would have added to the rework to make him better without being OP.

DARTH VADER

Terrifying Swing ‘Omega’
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. Jedi and Rebel enemies cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack. If Ability Block is not inflicted, deal +50% damage.

Force Crush ‘Omega’
4 turn cooldown
Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns. This attack can’t be Countered. Darth Vader gains Advantage for 2 turns.

Culling Blade ‘Omega’
4 turn cooldown
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispels all status effects on them. This attack deals 50% more damage for each effect dispelled and grants 100% Turn Meter and reduces Darth Vader’s cooldowns by 1 on a finishing blow. This attack can’t be Evaded.

Inspiring Through Fear ‘Zeta’
Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offence, 25% Defence and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can’t be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 Turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

No Escape ‘Zeta’
At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of the encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction, recovers 5% Health and 2% Protection when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires and gains 2% Defence for every debuff he inflicts on the enemy team (stacking) until he is defeated.

50% extra damage on his basic if he doesn’t inflict his debuff. Nothing crazy.

Reduce the cooldown on FC by one as five is a bit much. Adding advantage after this helps his low CC and ensures his Culling Blade will hit HARD, especially with a CD set.

Culling blade deals 50% extra damage by reducing debuffs AND buffs. This was a no brainer imo, makes him a buff cleanser which adds a lot to his character, as well as making his culling blade that much deadlier. Reducing his cooldowns by one means he can crush more often and really get himself and his team rolling.

Added +25% defence to his leader Zeta because... why not. Nothing insane, just adds a bit more survivability to his team if you wanted to run him as lead.

The Zeta on his unique was the most underwhelming thing about his rework. Have added 2% Protection recovery as well as the 5% Health recovery (would be great under a Thrawn lead) and the stacking defence gain for each debuff he lands would make him even more tanky!

All in all, nothing too crazy like I said but just these small changes would have made him far better imho. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Vader's probably good enough now.

What I want is a top tier empire or Sith tank to rival Kenobi.

Give us that and Vader will be good enough.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    why even bother typing it out, you know he isn't getting reworked a bit more after just being reworked..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well if they give a sith that has turnmeter reduction to both sides (but favouring allies), then having an ally which is immune to turnmeter would be great
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Vader's probably good enough now.

What I want is a top tier empire or Sith tank to rival Kenobi.

Give us that and Vader will be good enough.

Yeah and I’d like to see a jedi that can fracture or land an aoe stun..
  • I think Jedi deserve a buff too. Doesnt stop me wanting a Sith Kenobi. Both factions deserve some love just in different ways. Easiest ideas being giving Anakin a rework and Kenobi a zeta when we do a villains journey for darkside. That way both light and dark get a boost in some way. And it favors neither side
  • Watching the various videos with the reworked Vader makes me realize that the CG team has never watched any of the Star Wars movies. Vader beat CLS badly and cut his hand off after humiliating him. This version of CLS in the current game is so overpowered that it makes a mockery of the canon.
  • I was a bit sad his zeta restored health and not protection, but I guess that's not changing :(