Legendary AAT and/or Rancor

I’m curious with developers and everyone’s thoughts on creating a legendary level of rancor and aat raid.

With an announcement of a new raid, it’s a nice way to invigorate some older raids as well, very similar to how they have added other legendary levels to older events.

Both events can ideally be completed by one person.

Adding special changes like more speed, strength, health, more resistance to tm manipulation to bosses would make it more challenging, force more coordination, and would add a nice layer for earning better rewards like possibly higher gear or zetas. Just a thought.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think we need new tiers of Rancor and AAT, the new raid should cover that. Besides, it would be too time consuming, especially for guild leaders and officers, to actually have to plan and coordinate for three raids. I would like to go the opposite way and maybe let us skip all the fighting and get rewards instantly for raids where we just press auto and wait for it to finish...
  • Options
    Each raid is supposed to be a challenge for a specific part of your progression, one you'll eventually master. The rewards are set to assist people in that part. The Rancor if supposed to be difficult for people with only gear 8 toons, so he gives the rewards to bring your toons to gear 9.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    But older content is meant to get easier.... now you want to make it harder and rehash the same content.

I would rather have new things and not have the same thing, but "new".
  • Options
    All true possibilities, but I thought part of it was for the challenge as well. Those who have mastered that level, it adds a new tier to it, and wouldn’t be a strain on the developers. There are some things that we want to auto through. But some parts need to be a challenge.
  • Options
    I mean aren't heroic raids meant to be the legendary version of the normal raids?
  • Daeva
    55 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As long as the rancor can be turn metered you could give him 50 times the hp and damage and he'd still be easy as heck.

Take current rancor remove the turn meter crap, he'd actually kill a few people.

Take haat, make shatter be as effective as slow, or hell take them both immune to slow and tm and shatter, they may do something again
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Im sure most of us would agree on rancor. When you can auto 4x rancor in under 8 min its more of a chore. Would love to see a mythic version that requires coordination instead of just tm removal teams that can power through it.

Haat however is still fresh for some guilds. So id say leave that one as is for now. Sith raid will be a nice refresher for those guilds who can power haat in 30 min or less.

Guild store now is more about new toons (strack and fosdtp) .. Gear from there is minor to a lot of people, it just had a refresh but i think that needs more attention as well with a new raid.

Can you really call the rancor a chore when you press the screen 6 times and then wait 5-10 minutes while your doing something else and then it's done