How come BB8 is still not here?

Prev1
It's been over 4 months since BB8's first appearance. I won't count the second coming because it was only for Rey and when R2 came back for CLS, he still returned on schedule. Since BB8 came first in late September it's actually quite long since then.

I know this is a dark side month but that doesn't mean we have to suffer in haat for another month, besides it would have no effect on dark side content.

Replies

  • There are rumors that BB8 may yet return this month. The event schedule doesn't appear completely full from the 15th to the 20th, though the Marauder Marquee is in there.
    I'm not sure I buy that speculation, but it's possible.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
  • Didn't you make a thread on this exact topic a few days ago?

    BB8 was December. It'll be late March/early April when he next comes around because that will be nearing the second coming of JTR.
  • OK op, I got it. EA should have looked into your roster. To make sure BB8 will return shortly after you are ready B)
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
    That is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the forums to date.
  • Kalano wrote: »
    OK op, I got it. EA should have looked into your roster. To make sure BB8 will return shortly after you are ready B)

    Not really, but perhaps plan their events more carefuly so that they don't misslead people. And also maintain some kind of concistency so that people can do their planning. For example like I explained, R2 still came back as intended despite coming sooner for CLS. They still honored the original calendar and they didn't wait an additional 4 months after CLS.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
    That is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the forums to date.

    Well you are taking it out of context. My point was that the second coming was about accommodating Rey's journey, most people didn't plan for that and there is no way they could have known
  • Have I missed something? Got him 5* the first time round, 7* the second time. Knew he would come back and prepared accordingly. If you are ready, good. Time to relax. It won't matter if it is a "surprise" or scheduled event. But when you make threads on the same topic twice in three days, the devs move his return back by two months.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
    That is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the forums to date.

    Well you are taking it out of context. My point was that the second coming was about accommodating Rey's journey, most people didn't plan for that and there is no way they could have known

    Lol, it was very easy to predict that was what would happen.
  • Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
    That is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the forums to date.

    Well you are taking it out of context. My point was that the second coming was about accommodating Rey's journey, most people didn't plan for that and there is no way they could have known

    Lol, it was very easy to predict that was what would happen.

    Was it also easy to predict that there would be no FO packs in the store too?

    Ohh and why do you care so much if he comes or not? You got him, didn't you?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
    That is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the forums to date.

    Well you are taking it out of context. My point was that the second coming was about accommodating Rey's journey, most people didn't plan for that and there is no way they could have known

    Lol, it was very easy to predict that was what would happen.

    Was it also easy to predict that there would be no FO packs in the store too?

    Ohh and why do you care so much if he comes or not? You got him, didn't you?

    I got him the first time he was here. I don’t care in the slightest when he comes back, except that the sooner the better as it relates to opportunities to do the mythic.

    Laughing at your statement that there’s no way people could have known he was coming /= caring whether he comes. And since there weren’t any special packs for the second R2, the answer to your first question is also yes.
  • Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
    That is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the forums to date.

    Well you are taking it out of context. My point was that the second coming was about accommodating Rey's journey, most people didn't plan for that and there is no way they could have known

    Lol, it was very easy to predict that was what would happen.

    Was it also easy to predict that there would be no FO packs in the store too?

    Ohh and why do you care so much if he comes or not? You got him, didn't you?

    I got him the first time he was here. I don’t care in the slightest when he comes back, except that the sooner the better as it relates to opportunities to do the mythic.

    Laughing at your statement that there’s no way people could have known he was coming /= caring whether he comes. And since there weren’t any special packs for the second R2, the answer to your first question is also yes.

    Hhhh I can actually remember the empire packs for r2. 20 bucks for 80 shoretrooper shards and all tbe other empire toons.

    Same for phoenix for Thrawn. Same for CLS, in fact I bought old Ben's pack. And same for BB8's first time
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    LOL. Second appearance doesn’t count?
    And there is no schedule for r2 yet!

    No it doesn't count because it was emergency event
    That is possibly the most hilarious thing I've read on the forums to date.

    Well you are taking it out of context. My point was that the second coming was about accommodating Rey's journey, most people didn't plan for that and there is no way they could have known

    Lol, it was very easy to predict that was what would happen.

    Was it also easy to predict that there would be no FO packs in the store too?

    Ohh and why do you care so much if he comes or not? You got him, didn't you?

    I got him the first time he was here. I don’t care in the slightest when he comes back, except that the sooner the better as it relates to opportunities to do the mythic.

    Laughing at your statement that there’s no way people could have known he was coming /= caring whether he comes. And since there weren’t any special packs for the second R2, the answer to your first question is also yes.

    Hhhh I can actually remember the empire packs for r2. 20 bucks for 80 shoretrooper shards and all tbe other empire toons.

    Same for phoenix for Thrawn. Same for CLS, in fact I bought old Ben's pack. And same for BB8's first time

    You can’t remember the packs for the bb8 event though? I was thinking about double drops, which only happen the first time. I don’t buy packs so I don’t pay that much attention to them. But looking back at posts, it seems like the same FO faction packs were offered. People kept asking for individual FO packs and didn’t get them, but the same was true the first time BB8 was here. See e.g. this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/135126/additional-fo-packs-planned/p1
  • TVF wrote: »
    Hey guys, I got BB8 on the second event but since it didn't count they won't let me use him.

    Maybe you should use IQ point on something other than mocking people. Unless you aren't capable of comprehending the context of my arguement. I shouldn't have to repeat it for the 10th time but I'll do it one last time.

    The event took place outside of it's original schedule. That threw off anyone who planned for a 4th month release. It's simple as that. We shouldn't have to suffer cause of the devs miscalculations and poor plannning
  • TVF
    31094 posts Member
    Suffer?

    Lol ok.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Suffer?

    Lol ok.

    Yeah, suffer, in case you didn't notice those who have BB8 can do alot more damage on haat than those who don't
  • Guess what? Those who have BB8 have him because they planned for him. I didn't get him the first time around. I saw what was needed and farmed the right toons. And yes, there was a FO pack. I know because I needed FOST shards and I took a flier on a pack and for the first time ever I actually got what I needed (80 FOST shards!!).

    You aren't suffering because of the devs or mods here and them not telling you when it will be back (which might be this weekend, according to https://swgohevents.com/). You are suffering because you weren't prepared for him in December like the rest of us were.

    I hope to hell you are farming the Vets as well. Yeah, I got mad rhyming skills.
  • TVF
    31094 posts Member
    ^That.

    But also
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Suffer?

    Lol ok.

    Yeah, suffer, in case you didn't notice those who have BB8 can do alot more damage on haat than those who don't

    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that BB8 was the only way to get a good HAAT score. My bad.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that BB8 was the only way to get a good HAAT score. My bad.

    **** right it is. You can throw BB8 in as the leader of a squad of 7* (only because you need 7* for HAAT) level 1 Ugnaught, URoRRuR'R'R, Jedi Knight Guardian, and Bodhi Rook and solo the entire thing.
  • Guess what? Those who have BB8 have him because they planned for him. I didn't get him the first time around. I saw what was needed and farmed the right toons. And yes, there was a FO pack. I know because I needed FOST shards and I took a flier on a pack and for the first time ever I actually got what I needed (80 FOST shards!!).

    You aren't suffering because of the devs or mods here and them not telling you when it will be back (which might be this weekend, according to https://swgohevents.com/). You are suffering because you weren't prepared for him in December like the rest of us were.

    I hope to hell you are farming the Vets as well. Yeah, I got mad rhyming skills.

    There was an overpriced bundle that had way more than i needed and I wasn't gonna spend 85 bucks for 80 shards.

    Also december made no sense and you know it. First time legendaries don't come back in 2 months
  • TVF wrote: »
    ^That.

    But also
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Suffer?

    Lol ok.

    Yeah, suffer, in case you didn't notice those who have BB8 can do alot more damage on haat than those who don't

    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that BB8 was the only way to get a good HAAT score. My bad.

    Well yes he is. Unless you have the mods and gear for 5 separate squads.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Guess what? Those who have BB8 have him because they planned for him. I didn't get him the first time around. I saw what was needed and farmed the right toons. And yes, there was a FO pack. I know because I needed FOST shards and I took a flier on a pack and for the first time ever I actually got what I needed (80 FOST shards!!).

    You aren't suffering because of the devs or mods here and them not telling you when it will be back (which might be this weekend, according to https://swgohevents.com/). You are suffering because you weren't prepared for him in December like the rest of us were.

    I hope to hell you are farming the Vets as well. Yeah, I got mad rhyming skills.

    There was an overpriced bundle that had way more than i needed and I wasn't gonna spend 85 bucks for 80 shards.

    Also december made no sense and you know it. First time legendaries don't come back in 2 months

    That’s the same pack that was there the first time. So my answer to whether you should have predicted the packs to be what they were remains yes.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that BB8 was the only way to get a good HAAT score. My bad.

    **** right it is. You can throw BB8 in as the leader of a squad of 7* (only because you need 7* for HAAT) level 1 Ugnaught, URoRRuR'R'R, Jedi Knight Guardian, and Bodhi Rook and solo the entire thing.

    You aren't being funny, you can pull over 30 million with one squad if you have BB8. You would need 5 well geared and perfectly well modded teams to do the equivalent without him
  • Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Guess what? Those who have BB8 have him because they planned for him. I didn't get him the first time around. I saw what was needed and farmed the right toons. And yes, there was a FO pack. I know because I needed FOST shards and I took a flier on a pack and for the first time ever I actually got what I needed (80 FOST shards!!).

    You aren't suffering because of the devs or mods here and them not telling you when it will be back (which might be this weekend, according to https://swgohevents.com/). You are suffering because you weren't prepared for him in December like the rest of us were.

    I hope to hell you are farming the Vets as well. Yeah, I got mad rhyming skills.

    There was an overpriced bundle that had way more than i needed and I wasn't gonna spend 85 bucks for 80 shards.

    Also december made no sense and you know it. First time legendaries don't come back in 2 months

    That’s the same pack that was there the first time. So my answer to whether you should have predicted the packs to be what they were remains yes.

    Actually i don't remember that they did the first time for BB8 cause i was at 0 shards on pilot, stormtrooper and officer. I remember crystal clear tho that for every single legendary and hero's journey the did individual packs
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Guess what? Those who have BB8 have him because they planned for him. I didn't get him the first time around. I saw what was needed and farmed the right toons. And yes, there was a FO pack. I know because I needed FOST shards and I took a flier on a pack and for the first time ever I actually got what I needed (80 FOST shards!!).

    You aren't suffering because of the devs or mods here and them not telling you when it will be back (which might be this weekend, according to https://swgohevents.com/). You are suffering because you weren't prepared for him in December like the rest of us were.

    I hope to hell you are farming the Vets as well. Yeah, I got mad rhyming skills.

    There was an overpriced bundle that had way more than i needed and I wasn't gonna spend 85 bucks for 80 shards.

    Also december made no sense and you know it. First time legendaries don't come back in 2 months

    That’s the same pack that was there the first time. So my answer to whether you should have predicted the packs to be what they were remains yes.

    Actually i don't remember that they did the first time for BB8 cause i was at 0 shards on pilot, stormtrooper and officer. I remember crystal clear tho that for every single legendary and hero's journey the did individual packs

    I posted a link to a thread about it from the time......

    Your failure to pay attention is absolutely nobody’s fault but your own.
  • KvotheQGBQG2
    769 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    You aren't being funny, you can pull over 30 million with one squad if you have BB8. You would need 5 well geared and perfectly well modded teams to do the equivalent without him

    You are wrong again. I am funny to quite funny.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    .

    Also december made no sense and you know it. First time legendaries don't come back in 2 months

    Um, yes. Yes I did expect it back as it was obvious that BB8 would be needed for RJT. December made a ton of sense. So much so that I was ready for BB8, AND RJT, AND CLS all in December. I'm sorry if you are upset that BB8 has not come back as quickly as you would like, but if you keep up to speed on things it is quite obvious when things will happen. I didn't know better at one point and missed out on some events. Now I have educated myself to a degree.

    Also, please do yourself a favor and check out these links that will help you tremendously on your SWGOH journey:

    https://swgohevents.com/

    http://petebutler.co.uk/mrpi/

  • Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Guess what? Those who have BB8 have him because they planned for him. I didn't get him the first time around. I saw what was needed and farmed the right toons. And yes, there was a FO pack. I know because I needed FOST shards and I took a flier on a pack and for the first time ever I actually got what I needed (80 FOST shards!!).

    You aren't suffering because of the devs or mods here and them not telling you when it will be back (which might be this weekend, according to https://swgohevents.com/). You are suffering because you weren't prepared for him in December like the rest of us were.

    I hope to hell you are farming the Vets as well. Yeah, I got mad rhyming skills.

    There was an overpriced bundle that had way more than i needed and I wasn't gonna spend 85 bucks for 80 shards.

    Also december made no sense and you know it. First time legendaries don't come back in 2 months

    That’s the same pack that was there the first time. So my answer to whether you should have predicted the packs to be what they were remains yes.

    Actually i don't remember that they did the first time for BB8 cause i was at 0 shards on pilot, stormtrooper and officer. I remember crystal clear tho that for every single legendary and hero's journey the did individual packs

    I posted a link to a thread about it from the time......

    Your failure to pay attention is absolutely nobody’s fault but your own.


    Failure to pay attention? You mean failure to farm a hard node exclusive to 7 stars in 2 months?

    I mean are you honestly arguing that BB8 should not come back now? Ok let's see, if i concede your argument then BB8's recurrence should be every 71 days, since that's how long it took him to come back the second time.

    Legendary event frequency only increases, therefore BB8 should come back this month. In fact if I'm not mistaken it's about to be 70 days very soon.

    If you don't accept that then you are either conceding the fact that it was an emergecy event and therefore he should come back at again at the 4 or 5 month mark from the first release.

    Or you must believe that legendary frequency should decrease which makes no sense at all.
This discussion has been closed.