Farm Phoenix to 7* , or obtain other toons+some general questions about progression(lvl58)

HiZen
5 posts Member
edited February 2018
Hi guys, my phoenix team is currently at 5* except zeb who is almost at 7. Im level 58, here is my swgoh account if you are interested https://swgoh.gg/u/hizen/

Shall I continue farming phoenix shards, or shall I obtain a scoundrel team first? And if yes, which scoundrels would you recommend? I have only clone wars chewbacca... I have also acquired Palpatine yesterday, is he worth investing in terms of gear, or he can wait?

I'm trying to improve my arena ranking as well, my mods are pretty bad(grey ones mostly). Do you think farming 5* mods is a good idea, or I should be focusing on shards with my cantina energy? I'm a f2p player and I'm also not sure how my next arena team will look like. Is a dark side team with palpatine and vader worth it? I really want to climb to rank 100 at least. The problem is that most of my opponents in arena at rank ~200 have 5k+ more power and are 4+levels higher than me...I guess my arena shard is harder, because I have a guildie lower level than me with a worse phoenix team who is rank 130.

Also, I will be unlocking fleet battles soon. I have no idea what ships/characters to use to get a decent rank. Any recommendations?

Any other tips would be appreciated, thanks for reading this

Replies

• Pls continue with ps.
    They will carry u thru gw as well.
    And help in thrawn who is **** useful.
    Since ur f2p like me, i recommend u do till g.9 and abilties 7.
    This will be more than enuf.
    On the side, concentrate on boba, st han for same gear and abiltities (for heist)
    Also do let me know, what exactly do u want to do?
    Ex. Go for cls. Or squad arena top 100 etc
    If u answer that, i can give a clearer answer.
    Please gear kylo, vader, EP, tarkin..u will see a difference in arena ranking if u run into too many rebel/jedi in ur shard. Get OBK as the 5th and tank for this team, if u cant get maul or nihilus.
    PS. Save crystals and try for chromium pack of 8. U may luck out and get nihilus/maul. Nihilus lead sith teams are **** troublesome lol
  • You need your scoundrels to be good enough to beat credit heist top tier. Phoenix are sound for getting other toons, territory battles and fleet.
  • Jeffers wrote: »
    You need your scoundrels to be good enough to beat credit heist top tier. Phoenix are sound for getting other toons, territory battles and fleet.

What do you mean by good enough? 7stars? Or I should get scoundrels to 5 stars first and then finish my phoenix team?
  • Alright, your first order of business is getting your hands on some Scoundrels; it is worth delaying your Phoenix for a few days to a week in order to have a Scoundrel team--Scoundrels provide your biggest semi-regular influx of credits and help hold off the credit crunch that really starts to hit towards mid-game. I say you [pick out five new ones]--Chewie isn't really worth investing in much after early game--that you'll eventually need for other areas of the game; Boba Fett and other Bounty Hunters are necessary for Territory Battles (you'll eventually be investing in them more for TB than heists); Stormtrooper Han is a favorite for arena just when Phoenix starts to fall off and you'll eventually need him for CLS; Lando is also a favorite for arena just as Phoenix starts to fall off; Captain Han is eventually required for Territory Battles, but otherwise isn't that great of a character. The Veteran Smugglers are needed for RJT, but aren't accessible until you're level 83+ (and aren't an easy farm to begin with). Note that you do not need to go further than unlocking your Scoundrels at this point, you only need a certain star rating much later in the game (Territory Battles, and the Critical Chance mod challenge).

Once you've got your Scoundrels go back to your Phoenix team; at minimum you'll need them at 7 stars, G8--you may consider higher, G8 may not be sufficient for either the Thrawn event or Territory Battles--with level 7 abilities and omega'd uniques. As far as your Palpatine and Vader, we're still waiting to see how the rework and new Sith characters effect the meta; you'll probably want to invest in them for your dark side battles, at the very least, and for R2-D2 down the line. We can't really advise you on what will be meta in a few months, when you're max level and have the resources to chase the meta, so to speak, because the meta is constantly changing. The best long-term plan is really to just bunker down and focus on teams needed for Legendary/Journey characters and guild events.

In the short-term, for your arena team, you probably want to work on your mods; you'll want to farm those 5 dot mods from the Health Mod Challenge, as a rule you generally only want to farm from the last available tier. It probably isn't worth it to build the teams and spend the resources on other kinds of mods sets at this point; just focus on the primary and secondary stats. Speed is essential for an arena team, otherwise look at protection, potency, etc; you want to enhance a character's existing strengths.

If the primary difference between you and your opponents in your arena shard is just down to levels and star levels: stop looking at their Galactic Power. Look instead at their team comps, for those that are weak or poorly set up, and those that your team is strong against. It'll take some playing around and trial and error to figure out when Power and Levels mean something and when they don't, and which comps are easy pickings and which aren't. There was a point, before I seven starred my Phoenix team, where I was taking on teams with 20,000 power on me (I haven't had that much luck with power differences that large, recently).

As far as fleets: you'll need several dark side ships at 5 or more stars for the zeta mats challenge once you hit level 80. 5+. You'll also need five rebel ships about there, or higher, for Chimaera--you'll specifically need the Phoenix ships for this one--and to upgrade your Home One and Endurance. You'll be able to build a solid fleet from those ships, and have your bases covered for other areas in the game. Note you'll have to invest in the pilots to have your ships be useful, and you only get crystal rewards for being rank 20 or higher (or lower? Bah!).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    HiZen wrote: »
    Jeffers wrote: »
    You need your scoundrels to be good enough to beat credit heist top tier. Phoenix are sound for getting other toons, territory battles and fleet.

What do you mean by good enough? 7stars? Or I should get scoundrels to 5 stars first and then finish my phoenix team?

They don’t need to be 7*, you just need to unlock them. I was using 2* Greedo in CH for quite a while. Gear and mods usually beat stars for anything except where a specific star level is required (raids, TB). Strong Lando and/or Boba can carry the team.
  • Liath wrote: »

They don’t need to be 7*, you just need to unlock them. I was using 2* Greedo in CH for quite a while. Gear and mods usually beat stars for anything except where a specific star level is required (raids, TB). Strong Lando and/or Boba can carry the team.

So as long as the I have 5 scoundlers unlocked. I can go last tier in credit heist? There are no star requirements? (I plan on having boba carry me trough, I wont try beating tier 5 with a bunch of ragdolls)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

So as long as the I have 5 scoundlers unlocked. I can go last tier in credit heist? There are no star requirements? (I plan on having boba carry me trough, I wont try beating tier 5 with a bunch of ragdolls)

Correct, no star requirements.
  • HiZen
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the answers.
    So, I will obtain a scoundrel team first. Is Lando, Boba, STHan, Zam Wesell(cause I already have some shards) and Cad Bane ok?Or I can also use Clone wars chewbacca at the beginning simply because I have him and get a better scoundrel later?

After getting Lando I will focus on those 5* mods to boost up my phoenix team

And after all that I will get my phoenix team to 7*

I will think about the fleet after I get the things above done

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes. With decent gear on Lando, Boba, and Stormy, the other two don’t really matter. They just need to be there.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ^ As said - Boba, STHan and Lando are all you need for the highest rated Scoundrel Heists.

And Boba is generally handy early to mid-game.

STHan is needed to get Commander Luke and is good in the Arena, as is Lando.

Bear in mind when you ask questions - there are no right or wrong answers @HiZen . Prioritising, particularly if you're f2p, is the major component of the game - what to do when it seems there's a hundred things to do. There is no right thing to do. There is what you want to do and what paths you might want to try opening. These paths might turn out different to how you thought, they might even be dead-ends, but the game is the journey.

You're in the right place to ask questions here and you will get lots of intelligent, reasoned and experienced answers. What you will never get is the right answer. It doesn't exist.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on