Guide on how to re-roll in iOS devices

Reyia
1171 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hey all, as many of you want to re-roll I decided to make a guide on how to do it in iOS devices.

Those on android devices have it easy, just sign out of google account and sign in with another one.

With iOS devices there are a few more steps to do.

First of all go to Settings then Game Center. Click on your Apple ID and click Sign Out.
Your screen will then look something like this.
QFpDTTT.png

Click on home button then go to App Store.
Make sure it's on the featured tab.
iZGgux9.png

Scroll down till you see your Apple ID. Click on it then click Sign Out.
Your screen will then look like this.
y9Be4sa.png

Click on Sign In then click Create New Apple ID.
6PuR2ta.png

Choose your country.
eIOOJe1.png

iTunes store T&C will appear. Scroll all the way down then click Agree.
WwEDag9.png

A pop up will appear. Click Agree.
UCPgk6H.png

Fill up your details.
5hUOELA.png

An email will be sent to your email address. Make sure your email address is valid to complete apple account process.
qHErhnB.png

Go to Settings, Game Center, and sign in with your new Apple ID.
jwsoswH.png

And voila! All done, now click on SWGOH app and u will have a brand new account!

Edit:

To enable purchases go to Settings, iCloud, Family.

Click on the Organizer and make sure the Share My Purchases is enabled.
Post edited by Reyia on

Replies

• If you are logged into Game Center on your iOS device, all you need to do is log out of Game Center and you can re roll. Or the opposite. If you started a game without logging in to Game Center you can log in and start a new game. This would be a good way to start a 3rd account.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    If you are logged into Game Center on your iOS device, all you need to do is log out of Game Center and you can re roll. Or the opposite. If you started a game without logging in to Game Center you can log in and start a new game. This would be a good way to start a 3rd account.

The reason why I outlined the steps to make a new apple ID and then sign in the Game Center is that all your progress in then saved into that Game Center account. If you log out of Game Center there will be a new game but the progress won't be saved and if you get a new phone in the future there's no way to recover that account.

That's why it's better to always be logged in the Game Center so that progress is linked and any purchases made won't be lost.
  • Good point
  • Just bookmarked this to send people that were asking about re-rolling on ios here.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @oTradeMark Great, hope it can help people to re-roll easier on iOS devices!
  • I wanted to do this last weekend but am scared of getting the game account overwritten and losing everything. You don't have that problem at all?
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Ello_Asty Go to Settings then Game Center. If it shows your Apple ID then it means that your account has been linked to that Apple ID and is forever saved in the cloud. Make a note of the Apple ID shown and login using that email address at any time to restore that account to the device.
  • @Reyia Thanks! I have heard the horror stories and that scared me away. I'll try it this weekend!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Lol, people actually do this? As a android user a lot of apps and settings are dependent on your google account, so I wouldn't be able to make a new account and stick to it because I don't want to use another account for other things and it seems a hassle to me to have to sign out and sign in every time I want to play this game.
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    Lol, people actually do this? As a android user a lot of apps and settings are dependent on your google account, so I wouldn't be able to make a new account and stick to it because I don't want to use another account for other things and it seems a hassle to me to have to sign out and sign in every time I want to play this game.

The game automatically loads the account that you last logged into if you don't sign out manually using the settings menu. Then if you ever want to switch to your other account you can do so through the gear icon. I turn off all the sync settings for my alt accounts and so my alt accounts don't hassle me at all.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Once again Android does it right.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • I have yet to make an iCloud account on my phone, I want to make one so my progress can be saved but I don't want to risk losing all my progress since I was extremely lucky with chrom pulls early in the game and made a lot of at the time stupid decisions that are now paying off immensely (such as putting a lot of resources into Ahsoka). If I sign into an iCloud account now will my progress be lost or will it simply become linked to the new account?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Naberrie wrote: »
    I have yet to make an iCloud account on my phone, I want to make one so my progress can be saved but I don't want to risk losing all my progress since I was extremely lucky with chrom pulls early in the game and made a lot of at the time stupid decisions that are now paying off immensely (such as putting a lot of resources into Ahsoka). If I sign into an iCloud account now will my progress be lost or will it simply become linked to the new account?

@Naberrie Go to settings then Game Center. Do you see your Apple ID there? If yes then your progress has been saved to that Apple ID so you can never lose your progress. You will be able to access that account through any iOS device.

If you don't see any Apple ID there then your account hasn't been linked to your Apple ID so if you lose your phone or if your phone is damaged you lose your progress. If there were no Apple ID signed in the Game Center and you were to make a new one you will then start a brand new account.

It's always a good idea to take a screenshot of your player ID in game just in case something happen and you want to recover your account. Click on the gear icon to the left of player level in game and you will see your player ID. Press the home button and sleep/wake button at same time to take a screenshot. The screenshot will be found in Photos.
  • So I messed up my first account and decided to reroll. But I got pretty crappy results out of the reroll. I am using IOS and would like to try again. Is there another way of doing it besides creating a different Apple ID each time? I have 2 email addresses that I use regularly and really dont want to create another email address just to open up another Apple ID.

Can I just wipe out my last apple ID somehow and keep using the same email address over and over?
  • I followed the instructions, and even signed out of iCloud and rebooted a few times, when I start the game, I get the welcome screen and with the item to sign into Game Center, even though I am already signed in to Game Center. Any advice?
  • cherno wrote: »
    I followed the instructions, and even signed out of iCloud and rebooted a few times, when I start the game, I get the welcome screen and with the item to sign into Game Center, even though I am already signed in to Game Center. Any advice?

It appears that's just something that happens when you first run the game and get past he tutorial. Everything seems to be ok.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    Hey all, as many of you want to re-roll I decided to make a guide on how to do it in iOS devices.

Those on android devices have it easy, just sign out of google account and sign in with another one.

With iOS devices there are a few more steps to do.

First of all go to Settings then Game Center. Click on your Apple ID and click Sign Out.
    Your screen will then look something like this.
    QFpDTTT.png

Click on home button then go to App Store.
    Make sure it's on the featured tab.
    iZGgux9.png

Scroll down till you see your Apple ID. Click on it then click Sign Out.
    Your screen will then look like this.
    y9Be4sa.png

Click on Sign In then click Create New Apple ID.
    6PuR2ta.png

Choose your country.
    eIOOJe1.png

iTunes store T&C will appear. Scroll all the way down then click Agree.
    WwEDag9.png

A pop up will appear. Click Agree.
    UCPgk6H.png

Fill up your details.
    5hUOELA.png

An email will be sent to your email address. Make sure your email address is valid to complete apple account process.
    qHErhnB.png

Go to Settings, Game Center, and sign in with your new Apple ID.
    jwsoswH.png

And voila! All done, now click on SWGOH app and u will have a brand new account!

Edit:

To enable purchases go to Settings, iCloud, Family.

Click on the Organizer and make sure the Share My Purchases is enabled.

iOS needs to make re-rolling as easy as creating a Reset Button that lets you re-Roll without having to create a new Account. That is just stupid.
  • Thanks so much for this guide. My question is will I be able to have access to the purchases I made on my other account?
    I set up family sharing, and am logged into both my icloud and game center under my new account. However I don't have any of the character cards I bought, the crystal purchases etc.
    Do I have access to these or do they not transfer over?
    Thanks
  • labswift wrote: »
    Thanks so much for this guide. My question is will I be able to have access to the purchases I made on my other account?
    I set up family sharing, and am logged into both my icloud and game center under my new account. However I don't have any of the character cards I bought, the crystal purchases etc.
    Do I have access to these or do they not transfer over?
    Thanks

You created a new account. So you now have your new account and old account. The purpose of rerolling is to start over from scratch. There's no way to use characters from your old account on your new account. The only way to access your purchased currency and characters is to log out and log back into your old account. :smile:

I have a question for the forum: I start a new account, I pass all the starting stuff, I beat light/easy map #1 and #2, and light/hard #1.
    I have 327 gems and am sitting around level 7. How do I get 350 gems without reaching level 8?? If I complete any further daily tasks or anything, I break level 8 and am entered into the arena.
  • You can log in daily to buy shipments and collect free energy. Daily login can give crystals, as well as achievements.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    You can log in daily to buy shipments and collect free energy. Daily login can give crystals, as well as achievements.

But that isn't mentioned in the original post. I want to be able to reroll multiple times until I get my hero I want, ya know? If I have to wait a day or more every time I reroll an account, and it takes me 20 rerolls, that's almost a month. I'm not that dedicated lol. I just log in and play every day.
  • MrSavvy
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2017

PSA

YOU CAN ONLY CREATE THREE ICLOUD ACCOUNTS PER IOS DEVICE. Once you have hit the three accounts, you won't be able to make anymore. To circumvent this, you need to go to the Apple website and create a new ID for each reroll. From the Apple website, you're also limited on how many iCloud emails you can create.
    The best way I found is to create a free email somewhere else, create an Apple ID with the free email, and then log into Game Center on your iOS device.

I used mail.com for free emails but even mail.com will cut you off from creating new accounts after a certain amount. You can use any free proxy to bypass that though. They only limit your new mail.com email account creations based off your IP.

KEY NOTE: ONLY LOG INTO GAME CENTER ON YOUR IOS DEVICE. If you log into iCloud on your iOS device, you will hit that 3-account-activation limitation. You don't care about iCloud anyway since you're only making new accounts for Game Center for rerolling.
    MrSavvy wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    You can log in daily to buy shipments and collect free energy. Daily login can give crystals, as well as achievements.

But that isn't mentioned in the original post. I want to be able to reroll multiple times until I get my hero I want, ya know? If I have to wait a day or more every time I reroll an account, and it takes me 20 rerolls, that's almost a month. I'm not that dedicated lol. I just log in and play every day.

Update on this -- To get 350 gems and get that first guaranteed character (the whole reason you're rerolling), without hitting level 8 and getting entered into the arena, do the following:
    1. DO NOT CLAIM ANY ACTIVITIES OR YOU WILL HIT LEVEL 8. Do collect every achievement that pops up, though.
    2. Complete stages 1 and 2 of light side easy battles.
    3. Complete stage 1 of light side hard battle
    4. You will have to break step one and claim one 40xp activity in order to have the energy to complete the above. I usually grab the activity that gives 40xp, sim tickets, etc.
    5. You may need to farm one or two times to get some extra gear or training droids, if the last battles of light side stage 2 give you trouble.

Hope that clears up some confusion for other new people like me. Cheers.

EDIT: Here are my rerolls I've made so far, in order. Each hero equals a new account and that account's first 350 crystal chromium pack purchased:
    • Lando
    • StHan
    • Old Ben
    • Kit Fisto
    • Teebo
    • Luke
    • Coruscant Underworld Police
    • Ewok Elder
    • StHan
    • Poe Dameron
    • Coruscant Underworld Police
    Post edited by MrSavvy on
  • Apple has removed GameCenter from most devices now. What is the new way to reroll your GoH account? Thank you for putting together such an extensive guide. :-)
  • So with iPhones couldn't you keep rerolling by deleting the app and not signing into anything? Just by playing with an account on ur phone, then create a Game Center account by merging it?
  • RaylekZen wrote: »
    So with iPhones couldn't you keep rerolling by deleting the app and not signing into anything? Just by playing with an account on ur phone, then create a Game Center account by merging it?

Nopes, the Guest Account is bound to your Device ID. Unless you know an easy way to jailbreak your iPhone and change its Device ID.