Did GW change for anyone else yesterday and today?

Did GW yesterday after the update and almost didnt finish due to a change that I actually find welcoming if it is permanent. From start to finish the nodes just got harder and harder! I think that is the way it should be.

I am game level 70 but my squad is mostly 60-64. I started off against a 58 team and it kept climbing from there. By the end it was 67-68 team. Reason I almost didnt finish yesterday is I hit the 64 team in the normal wall spot for me so sent in my suicide squad thinking I will get a cool down node after that to heal up my A-team. Didnt happen! I took some damage and the next squad stayed at 64. Had to send in my B-team and lost most of them again hoping for a cool down. Nope - next was a 65. Thankfully defense AI was terrible and I have a roster of about 18 toons I can swap around with decent power but even with that I finished yesterday with just Phasma standing!

Today was the same. I started off against a 59 team and it just climbed from there. I did hit one hard wall at a 68 team at node 9 but I held off sending in too many of my better suicide guys. It dropped to 63 on node 10 and then climbed back up to a 68 with a 69 Phasma team at the end. Finished but again just barely. It came down to just me with Phasma standing at the end yet again. This time I still had a couple others I could have put in had I lost but it was rough.

This is exactly how I pictured GW to be. A strong steady climb. I had to swap out characters a lot today as I saw some really varied teams with opponents I dont normally see but it was interesting to see how my teams did vs. them.

Prior to yesterday I had the same issues everyone else had. My 60 team would hit a 70 7* team midway and my day was done! Didnt matter who I threw in I would be dead in seconds.

Replies

• GW always used to be this way up until a week or so ago.

Over the last few days I've noticed the difficulty slowly ticking down.

3x days ago my first 3 nodes were sub 70,

then yesterday I had the first 4/6 nodes sub 70,

and today appeared to be normalized to a few weeks ago, with incrementally increasing difficulty over each set of 3 nodes, and each subsequent set of 3 being more difficult than the previous set. I started hitting steady L70 groups at around node 6.

Also they have changed back to using GW teams instead of arena teams, so we aren't having to deal with the speed/damage meta groups that virtually impossible to keep taking out without losing heroes, which is another great improvement