Any useful non-Thrawn non-empire Fleets?

I have Thrawn at 5*. I have no other good DS ships but Vader. I hover 40-60 in fleet. All but 1 of my top 50 is Thrawn.

I just dont like running Meta. Any other good fleets? Im running Home 1, both Phoenix, Biggs and Bistan with Either Boba Resistance X, JC and Ashoka off the bench. My Bistan and resistance X are only 5 star. Rest are 7. Any suggestiins that do t involve Biggs + DS ships? 5s isnt close for me.

Replies

• Nope.. thrawn, biggs+ds ships is the meta now.

If u want to stay in top 40-60, keep using non-meta fleet. But if u want get to top 20, meta is the answer :grimace:
  • Unfortunately no,
    Thrawn has the best ship period. You can probably hold rank in the hundreds with a Tarkin fleet but to get anywhere near the top you need Thrawn.
  • I regularly top 20 against thrawn and tarkin fleets using an Ackbar assist fleet. Object is to knock out Biggs and one or two of their big damage dealers on the first turn...
  • Blizzisme wrote: »
    I regularly top 20 against thrawn and tarkin fleets using an Ackbar assist fleet. Object is to knock out Biggs and one or two of their big damage dealers on the first turn...

How abour ur rank drop overnight?
  • Eman5983 wrote: »
    Unfortunately no,
    Thrawn has the best ship period. You can probably hold rank in the hundreds with a Tarkin fleet but to get anywhere near the top you need Thrawn.

Tarkin can still hang with Thrawn, albeit obviously inferior. My buddy places top 20 every day (can place first if he has time for the battles) with a Tarkin fleet. He uses Tarkin (C), FO TIE, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced, TIE Reaper, Biggs with the other three X-Wings off the bench.

Here's a couple in the top 20 that are non-Tarkin and non-Thrawn just to give you ideas:

Ackbar (C): Ghost, Phantom, Boba, Biggs, Vader --- Bench: Falcon, Wedge, FO TIE
    Mace (C): Biggs, Vader, Slave I, FO TIE, Fives --- Bench: TIE Fighter, Ahsoka, Jedi Consular

I bet you could run a Mace fleet with the right Republic ships, but there aren't many people who G12 Jedi Consular, Ahsoka, Plo Koon, or Clone Sergeant.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Endurance fleets are great on offense, due to the huge TM bonus it gets from valor and the fairly frequent damage immunity to the whole fleet. It can take out even good Chimaera/Executrix fleets.

However, it's weak on defense.
  • Unfortunately if you run anything but Chimera you paint a big red bullseye on your fleet. Endurance can beat all other cap ship leads pretty easily, but you'll get attacked unmercilessly for standing out. Executrix holds slightly better, and home1 somewhat worse. All are viable on offense but the AI really limits their defense.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    I regularly top 20 against thrawn and tarkin fleets using an Ackbar assist fleet. Object is to knock out Biggs and one or two of their big damage dealers on the first turn...

That's my problem I use mace. I can beat almost anyone but on defense everyone just busts you down. I don't like using meta either, I don't use thrawn. But it's costly to do this.
  • Home 1 rebels and mace led clones/Jedi are both solid synergy squads, and you’ll use both in TW so feel free to put recourses into them. You can certainly climb with any of them, but you need solid focus on synergy, and will have less margin for RNG to bust your match.

On defense however, you will be targeted constantly being the only non-Chimaera top 50. Expect major drops every day.

• I get top 20 daily using windu with consular, slave 1, Biggs, wedge, Vader. Backup is scimitar, imp tie, Ahsoka.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »

Lowest I drop is low 30s... Usually it's more like low 20s.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

That's my problem I use mace. I can beat almost anyone but on defense everyone just busts you down. I don't like using meta either, I don't use thrawn. But it's costly to do this.

Yea i to drop to around 30ish when using akbar, then i change to tarkin, also change fleet, still 30ish. Then i change to chimera n change fleet a bit.. it's better, around 15ish
  • Blizzisme wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Lowest I drop is low 30s... Usually it's more like low 20s.

Hey that's not too bad :smiley:
  • Executrix is not a bad choice if you can't get chimaera
  • Funny thing, i talked with some guys of my guild about nearly the same yesterday. I run Mace with Biggs, 5s, Tie Advanced, Imp. Tie & Resistance X-Wing never falling out of 60s normally easy top 20 at payout, if i would do all my battles...in 90% of my battles i don't need my bench, but it is Bistan, Poe & Wedge.
    And only Biggs & Poe are G12, Biggs only ship at 7*... my shard is a fleet beginner shard, so...it is possible also with undergeared ships/crew-members
  • Thanks everyone. I can do decent with Akbar on Offense, but the AI doesnt really use it or the phoenix ships well on D. Im not sure Thrawn has those issues because his kit is easier the AI to use.

I did run into a really nasty mace team with all republic: rex, clone sarge, fives, plo koon, jc and Asokha off the bench. I could not kill his ships. Turns out when paired with Plo Koon, Rex and JC heals and Maces crit immunity, the clone sarge ship is very very tough. But like someone said, Im not at the point in the vame where I can afford to G10+ CS, Plo or JC.

Just for kicks I would like to try a Plo lead against NS Acolyte Zombie cheese. ;)
  • I have several ideas (stealthed ships with Geo spy; full republic fleet; resistance + FO lineup and so forth) but the problem is I have nowhere to try them. TB limits me to DS or LD, in TW I have to split my resources between offense and defense, and in all cases I'm limited by the gear requirements for the pilots. One of the main advantages of the Empire lineup is that the pilots are useful in ground combat as well.