Deathmark

So I have a g12 Deathtrooper with all omegas and no zeta. Today in wave 3 and 4 I used terminate on an enemy after another enemy was dead.....both shots landed crit damage and neither shot applied deathmark.

What gives.....the ability clearly reads “.....which cannot be resisted”. I repeat the attack was not evaded therefore the deathmark should not have been resisted.

In the end, I went 4/4 so my guild lost no points, however in future phases that ability needs to WAI or it may cost me TB points.

Anyone else have this happen? Can anyone see something I am missing to explain why deathmark was not applied? I don’t know how to record battles.

Replies

• Both shots landed crit damage? As in you used his basic attack and he double tapped the Rebel?
  • No...just used terminate....yellow, crit damage numbers registered both times, which tells me the attack itself was not evaded, therefore deathmark should have applied both times....and no there was no tenacity up on either toon.
  • Funderbolts
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh I see, you used terminate on two separate occasions between waves. On both encounters did you defeat an enemy, or are you counting defeated enemies from previous encounters?
  • Nope, both cases I was down to my 5 vs their 4. I can see no reason as to why deathmark did not stick. This is a big deal as deathmark is a sure kill and I use it frequently against elite versions of the rebels since they are so tanky.

Neither enemy had foresight either. It should have applied both times. I hope the devs read this stuff here. I tried looking over the suggested bug report area and that is confusing. Like most online help centers, they are designed by people who understand the products/services well without consideration for those who don’t. Therefore I’ll never be able to report anything there....they should have left the bug section as easy to post in as I post here.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    did you happen to try and put deathmark on one of these guys?
    lI41Ohp.png

Stealth clears deathmark

There is also the rebel supply lines ability that if it is not disabled gives them a chance to cleanse at start of their turns. It could have been fast enough between DT and you opponent turn that it went away quick.
  • I can’t remember and will pay closer attention next time. I do know the opponent was not stealthed nor did he enter stealth prior to or after the attack in either phase. We have completed all platoons so far as well prior to me attempting the battle.

I don’t know how many people will look here, but I guess if it hasn’t happened to anyone else, it’s not a bug and I am just missing something....I myself wouldn’t have even asked if it didn’t happen two waves in a row. I will however be upset if I do target a pilot per se in future skirmishes and it doesn’t apply. I’ll be right back here asking “What is wrong with Terminate in DS TB?”.
  • I have applied deathmark to some of them before, although I don’t recall which ones specifically.
  • I have times in GW where Deathmark won't apply, despite scoring a hit as well as them not having foresight. Perfect shots where he should have been able to apply the debuff and yet, for some reason, does not. I've had it happen once in TB, though I was not watching very carefully and may have missed a circumstance.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Billcarson66 , I heavily recommend attempting to become more familiar with the bug reporting process at the Answers HQ page to submit the information you already have, however, I would like to alternatively suggest that you record your future battles on a slow x1 speed and take screen shots of the current settings before you attempt to apply Death Mark. Then a screen shot of the actual attack, landing yellow critical damage. Lastly, a third screen shot of your target's status (health / turn meter / buffs & debuffs) to display the results.

Key things to keep in mind during this experiment:
    1) Has an enemy been defeated during this wave?
    2) Are you targeting Rebel Spy, who will instantly gain stealth upon a critical hit with Stealth Operative and dispel Death Mark? Also note, Shadow Tactics (Elite Only) is what dispels debuffs upon gaining stealth.
    3) Is the next turn taker Rebel Spy, who can quickly apply stealth to the "2 least healthy allies" and dispel with Cover?
    4) Is the next turn taker Hoth Rebel Commander, who can quickly gain TM with Veteran's Resolve (Elite Only), and quickly dispel with Rally Cry?
    5) Is the next turn taker Rebel Pilot, who can quickly dispel with Inspiring Courage?
    6) What is the current Platoon status of Rebel Supply Lines, which gives a 60% chance to dispel all debuffs at the start of that unit's turn at Level 3, and a 40% chance to dispel all debuffs at Level 2?

I look forward to seeing the results of this observation!
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne