Plague in DS TB?

Rebels are cleansing plague. I thought this was supposed to make them immune to dispels?
Not elite Officer (all allies recover 100% health) but Pilot appears to be doing it and his ability is only a dispell, no heal to it. Commander shouldn't be able to do it either because his ability order reads "dispell, then heal per effect dispelled"

What am I missing?

Replies

• Maybe they are healing the plague away, not cleansing it directly?
  • Tough to see what's really happening... It didn't look like Officer's turn and I think he's the only one who could do it. It looked like Pilot's turn and he shouldn't be able to.
  • I was seeing that too but am new to the ns team so wasn't sure if it was behaving right or not. Someone definitly caused plague to come off a guy who was sitting at less then 50% health after the plague disappeared
  • I've heard of Zader's dot being cleansed before so i wouldn't be surprised.

On a side note Asajj's lead is the Bomb
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I've heard Zader and plauge are both bugged in dstb

cannotconfirm nor deny
  • @Muaddib , I hate to give a standard response, but I advise submitting a formal bug report at Answers HQ for an official response as to whether this is WAI or not once the devs have an opportunity to take a closer look at this.

From my own experience with this situation, I can't say for sure how Hoth Rebel Commander's heal works exactly. The wording states:
    "Rally Cry: Dispel all negative status effects from all allies. Each ally recovers 15% of their Max Health for each effect dispelled this way."
    To me, this reads as one ally healing 15% max health per debuff dispelled from everyone on the team, not just healing from his own debuffs being dispelled. So if there's 6 rebels on the team, and 5 of them with 1 debuff each, all 6 allies heal for 75% health (15% x 5 debuffs = 75%, in this example. Theoretically, this healing could be much larger).

"Veteran's Resolve (Elite Only): Recovery 5% Health and Turn Meter when another ally is damaged."
    I read that to be a passive unique ability that only affects HRC with healing when an ally is damaged - so on an AOE hit with applying plague, depending on the order of operations, his plague could theoretically instantly be dispelled by: being applied, damaging everyone, and then healing from allies being damaged and dispelling Plague. With this understanding of only him being affected with healing, it would not explain other rebels having Plague disappearing like that, though.

Rebel Officer's
    "Regroup: All allies recovery 50% Health. All allies recovery 100% Health (Elite Only)."
    Pretty clear-cut. I read this as all allies gain 100% health when an Elite Rebel Officer uses that ability, not just the ability user gaining 100% health.

Rebel Pilot's
    "Inspiring Courage: Dispel all negative status effects from all allies. Each ally gains 5% Turn Meter for each effect dispelled this way."
    To me, I read this similarly to Hoth Rebel Commander's dispel-heal, where everyone gains the full combined effect, essentially allowing an Officer to basically instantly heal everyone right away (but not allowing the Commander's dispel-heal ability, since all debuffs would have already been dispelled to apply the bonus TM).
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Idk, but all i know when one of them whistle every debuffs gone.. include zader dots. Yeah, i use zader as lead

This is the only explanation i have:
    df2071e1084c273fe910863f1b2cfde86f938c161259d95e8fd0ee5d893b0c6f.jpg
    :frowning:
  • @RacerDejak , has “dispel” been officially identified to be the same as a DoT “expiring”? Otherwise I see no problems there.

I have little first hand experience with Zader lead.
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    @RacerDejak , has “dispel” been officially identified to be the same as a DoT “expiring”? Otherwise I see no problems there.

@Fauztin idk about mechanic stuff, but no such thing as "expiring" DoT under zader lead. There is only one condition that can make DoT go away: zader dead. As per description:

Leader Skill - Inspiring Through Fear :
    Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% when they damaged an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. Enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them while Darth Vader is alive.

In this case, my zader is alive and well. Well maybe there's something in rebel enemies that can cancel that effect. Special condition like NS zombie that can alive again n again bypass anhilate nihilus, execute boba, terminate DT.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »
    @RacerDejak , has “dispel” been officially identified to be the same as a DoT “expiring”? Otherwise I see no problems there.

@Fauztin idk about mechanic stuff, but no such thing as "expiring" DoT under zader lead. There is only one condition that can make DoT go away: zader dead. As per description:

Leader Skill - Inspiring Through Fear :
    Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% when they damaged an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. Enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them while Darth Vader is alive.
    Agreed. And if there is an exception for the Rebels in DS: TB (which would be cheesy, as Vader is one of the "Hero" units - so having event characters resist one of the primary abilities of an event hero seems...less than upstanding) - it should be clearly stated. Somewhere.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Hold your horses everyone. If a plagued character is healed to full health or healed while already at full health, then plague is cleared. This is all described in the Mother Talzin's ability description. Nothing wrong here.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Hold your horses everyone. If a plagued character is healed to full health or healed while already at full health, then plague is cleared. This is all described in the Mother Talzin's ability description. Nothing wrong here.

Most of us commenting are aware how Plague works. If the Rebels are simply "healing it off", then you are correct. If they are dispelling it, that would be good to know.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

I'm positive at least one guy lost plague and was still yellow health after plague disappeared. I put it off as plague just expiring, but after seeing what op said I'm not so sure that it was a timeout thing

Correct, and like Nikoms said... we know. Which would mean that ONLY Rebel officer should be able to HEAL (and thus dispell the Plague).
    I just tested again...
    Zader lead - Rebel pilot cleansed the dots. They did not return per Zader L description.

Plague - Inconclusive... they all take turns too fast to see how it happened. I *think* Pilot cleansed Officer of the stun/ability block I had on him and then Officer immediately healed everyone... but can't be sure.

So Zader is def still bugged at least @CG_Kozispoon
  • So they reworked Vader and Palpatine...and now both are bugged. And we have a mediocre marquee character whose event was bugged on the Bonus Tier (and gave G1 rewards....which actually WAS intended) lol.

It is now exactly half way through February and I have to admit, this looking more "August" like than "Challenge Accepted".

• Muaddib wrote: »
    I just tested again...
    Zader lead - Rebel pilot cleansed the dots. They did not return per Zader L description.

I told you so!! :joy::joy:
  • @Nikoms565 , when you say “no such thing as expiring,” I beg to differ. The very terminology in Zader’s Leader ability description has the word, which you typed out. So, to me, the difference is:

1) DoT expiring = lasting it’s full length, ending, and immediately reapplying, per the term “regain.”

2) DoT being “cleansed” = being removed before lasting its full duration, thus never reaching its expiration.

The game mechanic might just identify any form of removal (expiration, cleanse, Zavage absorbed, or any other form) to all be considered the same, and would mean this is a bug. If the game mechanic differentiates the two forms of removal, Zader’s leader ability would only apply if the DoT lasted for the entire duration. We would need to test this outside of DS TB, like in GW (or arena, if you just don’t care about putting your rank at risk).
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 , when you say “no such thing as expiring,” I beg to differ. The very terminology in Zader’s Leader ability description has the word, which you typed out. So, to me, the difference is:

1) DoT expiring = lasting it’s full length, ending, and immediately reapplying, per the term “regain.”

2) DoT being “cleansed” = being removed before lasting its full duration, thus never reaching its expiration.

The game mechanic might just identify any form of removal (expiration, cleanse, Zavage absorbed, or any other form) to all be considered the same, and would mean this is a bug. If the game mechanic differentiates the two forms of removal, Zader’s leader ability would only apply if the DoT lasted for the entire duration. We would need to test this outside of DS TB, like in GW (or arena, if you just don’t care about putting your rank at risk).

That's not how it works in any other area @Fauztin
    Once applied (even if Vader didn't apply it, but he is leader) when the dot expires in any way - cleanse, 2 turns, Zavage absorbe, Boba's execute, Culling Blade, etc.. the dot(s) are immediately reapplied to the enemy. Only in DSTB have I seen it go away completely while Vader (as leader) was alive. Bugged.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 , when you say “no such thing as expiring,” I beg to differ. The very terminology in Zader’s Leader ability description has the word, which you typed out. So, to me, the difference is:

That's not how it works in any other area @Fauztin
    Once applied (even if Vader didn't apply it, but he is leader) when the dot expires in any way - cleanse, 2 turns, Zavage absorbe, Boba's execute, Culling Blade, etc.. the dot(s) are immediately reapplied to the enemy. Only in DSTB have I seen it go away completely while Vader (as leader) was alive. Bugged.

I would just like to point out, since I am tagged above, that I actually didn't say what I was quoted as saying....even if I agree with it. lol

• @Nikoms565 ... oops! Lol...
    @Muaddib , awesome, thanks for that. Makes a lot more sense knowing that there’s an inconsistency about it acting differently in those other aspects of the game.
  • everything about DS TB needs to be fixed, but hey, at least we can favorite un-activated toons soon guys