Marauder event

Prev1345
Bossak
119 posts Member
edited February 2018
So in the rewards there is a 30 xp reward... indication of level cap increase with raid?
Post edited by CoastalJames on

Replies

• Syrup_Chugger3
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Don't most events offer some amount of exp?
  • Nah, the marquee before also give same xp reward for players below lvl 85 (or 80?)
  • there was an update a little while back that added XP to the marquee events
  • off topic. Marquee events only unlock char at like 3* right? Then the bundle comes out and you have to pay??

its the legendary events that you unlock at 7*??
  • correct, marquee events usually result in a 2-3* character, legendary/mythic events give 7* and usually require 7* to get there
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    off topic. Marquee events only unlock char at like 3* right? Then the bundle comes out and you have to pay??

its the legendary events that you unlock at 7*??

Sometimes *2, sometimes *3. Legend said *2 for unnamed char, *3 for named char. But it's not consistent. Yea after that u buy the bunde if u want upgrade them.

Nope it's different. But sometimes marquee events char needed for legedary event *7
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    So you CAN change stuff mid TB even though you guys said you couldn’t

“Hiya Holotable Heroes
    We recently pushed a Hotfix! For details on what's being addressed for 2/13, please see below:

Shadow of Malachor Arriving Early
    The power of the dark side simply cannot wait. The Sith Marauder Marquee event, "Shadow of Malachor", is being pushed up ahead of schedule.
    "Shadow of Malachor" will launch at midnight tonight ( 2/13 UTC time).
    The associated bundle and pack will also be released alongside the event.
    The Sith Marauder can potentially be in Dark Side Territory Battle platoons phases 4-6[\b]”

@CG_Kozispoon tsk tsk
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    So you CAN change stuff mid TB even though you guys said you couldn’t

It wasn't a change mid-TB. They moved up the event because Marauder was already slated to be in the platoons.
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    correct, marquee events usually result in a 2-3* character, legendary/mythic events give 7* and usually require 7* to get there

legndary like palp/yoda/thrawn unlock at 5 star it's the hero's journy's that require 7
  • i dont usually but char packs but may end up buying Marauder one. lol
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    correct, marquee events usually result in a 2-3* character, legendary/mythic events give 7* and usually require 7* to get there

Which I don't understand why they don't take their time and release more iconic characters through legendary/mythic events. I get characters like Sith Marauder and Nightsister Zombie, but not for characters like Mother Talzin or...well she's the only new iconic Dark Side character worthy of a legendary event. But still, when people actually did the math of when they'll get her to full 7 stars, it caused such an outage that they just slapped her into the stores and are making her farmable. Should've been a mythic event.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • sarigis wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »

legndary like palp/yoda/thrawn unlock at 5 star it's the hero's journy's that require 7

fair enough, though I meant you need 7* to get the legendary character to 7*
  • wow to bring an event early and require said character to be put in platoons.. I wonder if they are losing money and need to recoup some loses?
  • cby
    105 posts Member

"The Sith Marauder can potentially be will certainly be in Dark Side Territory Battle platoons phases 4-6"
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    They've had marquees be required during platoons before just after release. They just put this one in the game too early, and are pushing it forward so those willing can complete them instead of making everyone suffer.

Now if you're upset about marquees being ncessary for TB before they're farmable... fair enough but they gotta make that mulah somehow
  • I am done buying marquee characters. There's no point in buying them because I want them for TB, and I end up having to sacrifice them to platoons rather than fighting with them. $300 saved for me. Thanks CG.
  • I bought one pack of Ashoka fulcrum and got 5 shards. I learned my lesson and that has been the only money conned out of me for a marquee character. They just ride the bench for the rest of the year
  • I bought one pack of Ashoka fulcrum and got 5 shards. I learned my lesson and that has been the only money conned out of me for a marquee character. They just ride the bench for the rest of the year

which is exactly why im hesitant tbh. I too bought a marquee once and got 5.... which is why i usually dont buy the packs...
  • Is it just me or is it fishy that this event was miraculously moved forward? It makes me think CG has something else up their sleeves for this weekend. Or am I the only one that thinks that?
  • Other than making money from people wanting to fill platoons. No.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it fishy that this event was miraculously moved forward? It makes me think CG has something else up their sleeves for this weekend. Or am I the only one that thinks that?

No, it's clear why. Marauder will be required for platoons in the currently running DS:TB. It's already been admitted by CG in another thread thanks to @scuba and his hard work digging up the truth.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I understand that it’ll be used for TB but I can’t help but think there’s another reason since there’s now an entire weekend gap in the February schedule. Could be wrong though.

EDIT: Never mind. Forgot Places of Power was taking place over the weekend
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it fishy that this event was miraculously moved forward? It makes me think CG has something else up their sleeves for this weekend. Or am I the only one that thinks that?

No, it's clear why. Marauder will be required for platoons in the currently running DS:TB. It's already been admitted by CG in another thread thanks to @scuba and his hard work digging up the truth.

How funny would it have been when they required an unreleased character for a platoon, though? I've come to expect these kinds of errors.
  • These events get you, sadly, a 2* toon most of the time now. I've gotten it in my head these events are fun, pointless endeavours and I don't consider a toon to have been actually released until it's farmable. Marquee, shipments, chromiums, I just don't even give them a second thought these days.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Hiya Holotable Heroes
    We recently pushed a Hotfix! For details on what's being addressed for 2/13, please see below:

Shadow of Malachor Arriving Early
    The power of the dark side simply cannot wait. The Sith Marauder Marquee event, "Shadow of Malachor", is being pushed up ahead of schedule.
    • "Shadow of Malachor" will launch at midnight tonight ( 2/13 UTC time).
    • The associated bundle and pack will also be released alongside the event.
    • The Sith Marauder can potentially be in Dark Side Territory Battle platoons phases 4-6

BUGS
    • Sith Marauder's Special Ability "Victory Through Power" now has a cooldown of 3 instead of 4

The very announcement mentions the toon is in platoons and no intent to hide that, which is upfront which people have been asking for , irrespective of your feeling on platoon having new toons each release.

We have had several prior posts in feedback and understand the range of emotions on this feature usage.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • This deal is getting worse all the time.
  • Play casual or competitive. You aren't forced to upgrade a toon unless you make the choice. Just enjoy the content for what it is.
  • Sorry. That response was written today at COB. The Marauder required in DSTB was uncovered by 3rd party scan mod at launch of DSTB and brought forth to the community.

How everyone deals with it is their choice. I will continue to play.
  • I will continue to play. I will continue to move to F2P as this is not a bad move to put him in platoons but we won't have much time to decide good toon or not. And we don't have a buyers remorse period.
  • The reason they moved the event up is because Marauder has the potential to be in platoons. Since they put him in the character screen, TB programming out him into the list. However, since nobody could get him before the marquee started, that's basically sing that you could end up unable to fill platoons. As the devs mentioned on multiple occasions in the past, one a TB starts, they can't change the course of the current one.

As someone who's strictly F2P, I hate the fact that the is one toon I won't be able to get in time. But there devs did the best they could without hurting the release structure to give people who want the chance. Vent all you want, it doesn't change the facts.