Marauder’s event shard clarification

Replies

• Its a good thing that we can get this character at 3*, and not at 2* like FO executioner, but the bonus tier... seriously... its a joke, or an aprils fool candidate reward or idk... Give us 500k credit or something worth to do it, becouse its just ridicolous... Maybe just remove it so you cant mock the players with it...
  • You are right about FO pilot, but KRU resulted in a 4* toon.
  • Naz83 wrote: »
    Its a good thing that we can get this character at 3*, and not at 2* like FO executioner, but the bonus tier... seriously... its a joke, or an aprils fool candidate reward or idk... Give us 500k credit or something worth to do it, becouse its just ridicolous... Maybe just remove it so you cant mock the players with it...
    It’s still stuff you get for free. I don’t see the need to be pretentious about the rewards...it’s not like anyone owes us better free stuff
  • Naz83
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Naz83 wrote: »
    Its a good thing that we can get this character at 3*, and not at 2* like FO executioner, but the bonus tier... seriously... its a joke, or an aprils fool candidate reward or idk... Give us 500k credit or something worth to do it, becouse its just ridicolous... Maybe just remove it so you cant mock the players with it...
    It’s still stuff you get for free. I don’t see the need to be pretentious about the rewards...it’s not like anyone owes us better free stuff

I did not say i want a zeta material for bonus tier, but this gear they give is a joke.. Its good for 20-30 lvl players. Most high lvl players have hundreds of those. Low lvl players wont compete for bonus tier for these gear cos' its just hard for them..
  • I have always bought the $9.99 packs and have gotten a 4* toon as a result. I have a feeling they have reworked the marquee rewards starting with Rose/Holdo and going forward, $9.99 will no longer result in a 4* toon.

Or a purchase....

I doubt this is as intended or no one would have received the Holdo/rose shards in their inboxes. Just the fact that the mid rewards were not as advertised suggests players are missing shards. We should have 15/30 just like the last marquee.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    I have always bought the $9.99 packs and have gotten a 4* toon as a result. I have a feeling they have reworked the marquee rewards starting with Rose/Holdo and going forward, $9.99 will no longer result in a 4* toon.

Or a purchase....

I doubt this is as intended or no one would have received the Holdo/rose shards in their inboxes. Just the fact that the mid rewards were not as advertised suggests players are missing shards. We should have 15/30 just like the last marquee.

There was an issue last time where some players did receive those extra shards, which is why they went back and gave us all those shards.

This time around the event could only issue enough to get to 0/30 and be WAI. There is no way to tell what we should have as marquee events do not offer a # of shards, just the opportunity to unlock a toon.
    Post edited by Kyno on

I did not say i want a zeta material for bonus tier, but this gear they give is a joke.. Its good for 20-30 lvl players. Most high lvl players have hundreds of those. Low lvl players wont compete for bonus tier for these gear cos' its just hard for them..

As a level 85 player... Level 20-30 players need some love too.
  • Are you KITTEN me with this nonsense?

This seems like the Holdo/Rose nonsense all over again. I think you guys owe us players some shards. Please don't take forever getting them to us.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    Mhm. They’ve been better at resolving things lately. Though they should really stop giving themselves so much practice by always messing up B)

This is something new. It used to be this way now it leaves you 5 shards short so you have to buy the purple pack. Not a fan.
  • 2nd post as mods didnt liked first
  • At the risk of being flamed out of existence...

No one owes us anything...yes, fewer shards is a disappointment and mk.1 gear is odd to say the least but free mods, free toon. Let the whales gear him, star him. Can't fill platoons? Make like Greenpeace and become friends with a whale, someone (or more than one someone) in a high 100M+ GP guild will take one for the team.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Well, i only got one mod from the Bonus Tier, too.
    So yep, people are mot getting what they are promised...
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, the Bonus tier was at least supposed to give us 3 mods (along with that garbage gear).

We only got one.

What's funny/sad is this is **** off newer players, not just older players like myself.

Good job EA/CG.
  • “Here! First gear level is on us!”
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks CG. The dismal rewards in the bonus tier is pretty insulting. Should just have given the junk mod and no gear at all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Are you KITTEN me with this nonsense?

This seems like the Holdo/Rose nonsense all over again. I think you guys owe us players some shards. Please don't take forever getting them to us.

@Roken_Fett
    Kyno wrote: »
    I have always bought the $9.99 packs and have gotten a 4* toon as a result. I have a feeling they have reworked the marquee rewards starting with Rose/Holdo and going forward, $9.99 will no longer result in a 4* toon.

Or a purchase....

There was an issue last time where some players did receive those extra shards, which is why they went back and gave us all those shards.

This time around the event could only issue enough to get to 0/30 and be WAI. There is no way to tell what we should have as marquee events do not offer a # of shards, just the opportunity to unlock a toon.

I get your point. I’m level 85 and have thousands of that gear too but it’s still better than nothing..I can’t complain, I dropped a +18speed mod there lol
  • Kyno wrote: »

Or a purchase....

There is no way to tell what we should have as marquee events do not offer a # of shards, just the opportunity to unlock a toon.

This is the issue. Precisely. We have no way to know anything about character release, cadence or expectations as each character/event has it's own "rules". Even the packs and their pricing are inconsistent. CHS was $10 US for 40 shards. MT was $10 for 25 shards.

And the more frustrating part as players is even when they make an "official" statement about release cadences, they change it...the very next release. And even the most recent statement about farming/release schedules has ridiculous "fine print" at the end:
    Characters released via Territory Battles, Legendary events, Hero’s Journeys, and other special occasions will continue to have a more unique and challenging farming schedule.

Note the bolded...which basically means "anything goes"....as has always been the case. The inconsistency and lack of communication only fuels the frustration. And many times the players don't even know what's WAI and what is a bugged, because there is no consistency or poor communication about how things are supposed take place.

But, many of us have just come to accept all of this silliness as part of the game and not take any of it too seriously.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Or a purchase....

There is no way to tell what we should have as marquee events do not offer a # of shards, just the opportunity to unlock a toon.

This is the issue. Precisely. We have no way to know anything about character release, cadence or expectations as each character/event has it's own "rules". Even the packs and their pricing are inconsistent. CHS was $10 US for 40 shards. MT was $10 for 25 shards.

And the more frustrating part as players is even when they make an "official" statement about release cadences, they change it...the very next release. And even the most recent statement about farming/release schedules has ridiculous "fine print" at the end:
    Characters released via Territory Battles, Legendary events, Hero’s Journeys, and other special occasions will continue to have a more unique and challenging farming schedule.

Note the bolded...which basically means "anything goes"....as has always been the case. The inconsistency and lack of communication only fuels the frustration. And many times the players don't even know what's WAI and what is a bugged, because there is no consistency or poor communication about how things are supposed take place.

But, many of us have just come to accept all of this silliness as part of the game and not take any of it too seriously.

Yes. I try to say this in any post where it’s an “I want” post. It’s ok to say no. Say no and I can plan accordingly. I want more Empire - no! It’s not in our plans- ok. Let me work on a squad with out tfp. Just let us know the deal so we can plan accordingly.

I get your point. I’m level 85 and have thousands of that gear too but it’s still better than nothing..I can’t complain, I dropped a +18speed mod there lol
    ouch-that-hurts.jpg

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Or a purchase....

The 2 packs you are comparing are different in too many ways to compare. One was for a farmable toon and the other was for an "exclusive" toon.

But yes a clearer picture on topics like this would always be appreciated. They shown they are listening, so let's keep the constructive feedback coming.
  • Antares wrote: »
    Isn't this similar to the Holdo/Rose event where we got extra shards later per in game message because of a bug? I feel like it's the same issue with the shards this time...

Absolutely right. We should have ended up with 65 shards from event. They messed up holdo/rose and sent us 15 each. Now they messed up again. 15 shards inbox coming?? Nice job lol
  • @kyno think your wrong there bud. They messed up and sent us holdo/rose shards cause they admitted they messed up. You ALWAYS got a 4* in prior marquee events by buying the money pack. This is not WAI.
  • I’m taking a guess here and the marquees were changed without an announcement. I think it was from FOX to now.
    Event gives you 0/30
    Money pack gives you 25/30
    Only way to bring it up more is the crystal purchase pack.
    Again I could be totally wrong as there was no official word.
  • Can we go back to receiving credits as event rewards instead of garbage mods that we have to sell for a fraction of those same credits? TIA.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I’m taking a guess here and the marquees were changed without an announcement. I think it was from FOX to now.
    Event gives you 0/30
    Money pack gives you 25/30
    Only way to bring it up more is the crystal purchase pack.
    Again I could be totally wrong as there was no official word.

Fox event only gave you enough for 20/25. Which shows once more the LS bias that we all know and love in the game.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kyno think your wrong there bud. They messed up and sent us holdo/rose shards cause they admitted they messed up. You ALWAYS got a 4* in prior marquee events by buying the money pack. This is not WAI.

SFTP was 20/30. His pack didn't get you to 4*. I thought KRU left you short too, but someone told me I was wrong about that and I have no way of checking.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the rose/Holdo shards were due to the fact that 2 different amounts were awarded to players of a different level.

That's not possible for this event. The rewards for the bonus tier are blue mods - blue mods can't improve to +18 speed. You must be thinking of a different event.

• Kyno wrote: »
    kyno think your wrong there bud. They messed up and sent us holdo/rose shards cause they admitted they messed up. You ALWAYS got a 4* in prior marquee events by buying the money pack. This is not WAI.

SFTP was 20/30. His pack didn't get you to 4*. I thought KRU left you short too, but someone told me I was wrong about that and I have no way of checking.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the rose/Holdo shards were due to the fact that 2 different amounts were awarded to players of a different level.

Either way, Marquee Events are inconsistent and we do not know what to expect. That's HORRIBLE on the game developers part.

Make an official announcement that says "All "name" Marquee characters end at 15/30 and all "generic" characters end at 0/30." Pretty simple thing to do that would stop all this uproar. Also, First Order Executioner only ended at 20/25 shard I believe...which isn't in line with anything else. So yeah, INCONSISTENCY is the problem, if nothing else.
This discussion has been closed.