Marauder’s event shard clarification

Replies

• I got 25/10/15 Just as I did with Rose and Holdo a few weeks ago. So a total of 50 to unlock and get SM to 3*.

Of course it does stink that the bundle leaves you 5 shards short of being able to 4*. I'd like to buy the bundle, but I really don't like the idea of throwing another 1300 crystals on top of $10 just to get a 4*.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    kyno think your wrong there bud. They messed up and sent us holdo/rose shards cause they admitted they messed up. You ALWAYS got a 4* in prior marquee events by buying the money pack. This is not WAI.

SFTP was 20/30. His pack didn't get you to 4*. I thought KRU left you short too, but someone told me I was wrong about that and I have no way of checking.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the rose/Holdo shards were due to the fact that 2 different amounts were awarded to players of a different level.

Either way, Marquee Events are inconsistent and we do not know what to expect. That's HORRIBLE on the game developers part.

Make an official announcement that says "All "name" Marquee characters end at 15/30 and all "generic" characters end at 0/30." Pretty simple thing to do that would stop all this uproar. Also, First Order Executioner only ended at 20/25 shard I believe...which isn't in line with anything else. So yeah, INCONSISTENCY is the problem, if nothing else.

The statements we have are that the marquee events are a chance for us to unlock the character. They are all meeting this mark.

Yes it would be nice if there was some clarity, but they are meeting the mark currently set.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    kyno think your wrong there bud. They messed up and sent us holdo/rose shards cause they admitted they messed up. You ALWAYS got a 4* in prior marquee events by buying the money pack. This is not WAI.

SFTP was 20/30. His pack didn't get you to 4*. I thought KRU left you short too, but someone told me I was wrong about that and I have no way of checking.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that the rose/Holdo shards were due to the fact that 2 different amounts were awarded to players of a different level.

Either way, Marquee Events are inconsistent and we do not know what to expect. That's HORRIBLE on the game developers part.

Make an official announcement that says "All "name" Marquee characters end at 15/30 and all "generic" characters end at 0/30." Pretty simple thing to do that would stop all this uproar. Also, First Order Executioner only ended at 20/25 shard I believe...which isn't in line with anything else. So yeah, INCONSISTENCY is the problem, if nothing else.

The statements we have are that the marquee events are a chance for us to unlock the character. They are all meeting this mark.

Yes it would be nice if there was some clarity, but they are meeting the mark currently set.

But sometimes playing this game is like playing with a 6 year old who is constantly changing the rules to the game as you play. lol

Incidentally, that is why I never play 6 year olds in games that involve money. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I just wish CG would make an official statement that says:

"From now on, Marquee events will allow you to unlock a character up to 3* - you will not receive any shards past the 3* upgrade"

We could all move on with our life then and accept that they have changed the goalposts and we have to use more crystals if we want to 4* a character.

I don't think thats too much to ask.

Its just the secrecy and the stealth nerfs that really annoy people - CG will recieve so much more backlash doing it this way rather than simply stating from the get go - yep we've changed it.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • TurgonGW wrote: »
    I just wish CG would make an official statement that says:

"From now on, Marquee events will allow you to unlock a character up to 3* - you will not receive any shards past the 3* upgrade"

We could all move on with our life then and accept that they have changed the goalposts and we have to use more crystals if we want to 4* a character.

I don't think thats too much to ask.

Its just the secrecy and the stealth nerfs that really annoy people - CG will recieve so much more backlash doing it this way rather than simply stating from the get go - yep we've changed it.

This is beneficial for all. Just say it like it is. We know ea/CG needs to make money.
    We notice everything.
    Save Mod sanity- if we all know, kyno and others wouldn’t have to run thread to thread.
    It’s mutually beneficial for all.
  • I'm level 61 and got 3 star marauder :)
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    I love those new marquee event.

Before, we were getting 15/30 and I was tempted to buy the pack to go to 4*.

Now at 0/30. Bah, what's the difference between 0/30 and 25/30. So I save the 15$!

Thanks EA
  • Azza wrote: »
    I love those new marquee event.

Before, we were getting 15/30 and I was tempted to buy the pack to go to 4*.

Now at 0/30. Bah, what's the difference between 0/30 and 25/30. So I save the 15$!

This is it @CG_Kozispoon. Why would we spend the money for nothing? Always could buy pack before and end up with a 4*. Made it worth buying pack. Now what's the point? Spend $15 so I gotta spend another $10+ to 4*. Thx but no thx. Might wanna rethink that if it's intended. Might wanna appease all the ticked off paying customers like myself.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I don't care about the shards. I'm not going to touch any marquee character until it is farmable, so 3* vs 3* makes no difference to me.

Furthermore there's nowhere that said exactly how many shards will be awarded. Everything is subject to change in this game. Rewards, cadence, calendar, etc. Not ideal for sure but that's how it's been.

With all that said, the bonus tier clearly showed 3 mods and we all seem to have gotten only one. That needs to be fixed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • As a new player, it's kind of silly to charge $10 for 25 shards when it doesn't even get you to 4*...

I get the whole free 3* event thing, but it just doesn't make sense to do 25 shards. Do whales really spend that much money on crystals?
  • RaylekZen wrote: »

I get the whole free 3* event thing, but it just doesn't make sense to do 25 shards. Do whales really spend that much money on crystals?
    Yes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yes they do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chazzychucklin
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm a little fuzzy about what exact awards have been for post-TLJ marquee events but I think we can all agree they're lower than they used to be.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    RaylekZen wrote: »

Yep, and a whole lot more... Whales in some games have been found to spend in excess of $2Million though I have to think (and hope) those are far and few between.
  • Level 85 50 shards total ( enough for 3* and 0 ) but only got one of the 3 mods that I was supposed to get from bonus tier?
  • On a side-note, was anyone else hugely disappointed with the damage output from Sith Marauder even on his second attack? I did the event with Palps lead, vader, shore, DN and Thrawn so loads of debufs and buffs flying around - didn't see any big hits at all

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Hi all. Is there a bug with the SM marquee event again? Like Rose and Holdo, I'm stick at 0/30 shards making purchasing the £10 pack pointless as I'd still be short of 4*'s.Can you confirm please @CG_Kozispoon if 0/30 is correct? Thankyou
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    On a side-note, was anyone else hugely disappointed with the damage output from Sith Marauder even on his second attack? I did the event with Palps lead, vader, shore, DN and Thrawn so loads of debufs and buffs flying around - didn't see any big hits at all

True, I did it with sidius instead of Thrawn. Even with 10 buffs on, the damage was sub par.
  • I love spending money on underpowered characters that I've never even heard of
    On a side-note, was anyone else hugely disappointed with the damage output from Sith Marauder even on his second attack? I did the event with Palps lead, vader, shore, DN and Thrawn so loads of debufs and buffs flying around - didn't see any big hits at all

I did the event with a Vader lead - but zDN, Palp, Shore, etc. to get a lot of debuffs - but I agree. I found Marauder's damage output to be extremely weak. At one point there were two enemies with equal health. Vader's basic took out one - while Marauder didn't even do half (and this was with the enemies covered in debuffs). Either he's bugged and his bonus for debuffs aren't working or he's just really weak.

• LVL 85
    30 SHARDS OR 3☆
  • He was hitting pretty solidly for me, certainly way harder then Vader’s basic. He was killing guys on basic that TFP and Palps would’ve left in red, so not bad.
  • He was hitting pretty solidly for me, certainly way harder then Vader’s basic. He was killing guys on basic that TFP and Palps would’ve left in red, so not bad.

What gear level are your Vader, Palp, TFP, etc. and how are they modded? I'm just asking, as mine are all G12, so it's possible the difference is in the relation between the two, not so much the overall - but in the relative difference.

• Fatzke wrote: »
    Bonus tier isn't trash. Exactly the needed pieces to bring him to g2.
    Looks like WAI for me. :D

I have literally 1000s of those. That isn’t a reward. When it’s a throwaway item, that’s the definition of trash.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TurgonGW wrote: »

I did the event with a Vader lead - but zDN, Palp, Shore, etc. to get a lot of debuffs - but I agree. I found Marauder's damage output to be extremely weak. At one point there were two enemies with equal health. Vader's basic took out one - while Marauder didn't even do half (and this was with the enemies covered in debuffs). Either he's bugged and his bonus for debuffs aren't working or he's just really weak.

Agree agree. Man, when I used SAss I Was like, "I want dat" but Marauder seems pretty skippable - his kit seems pretty good which is a bit surprising TBH. Plus, if anything, I'd think the Marquee is a selling event, this is a way to showcase a new toon, everyone's gonna do it to get the free shards, wouldn't you want your new shiny to really shine?

IDK, maybe it's a bizarre form of hinesty, don't make the character too good and then people will be surprised when once it's actually being used?
    Nah, bug, I'm sure.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Why was my post removed? I have the same issue also @CG_Kozispoon
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"

I felt the same way. I ran him in a team of Sith (g10s, 11s and 12) led by zzVader and even with a lot of debuffs, the hits seemed pretty underwhelming to me in the latter stages of the latter tiers of the event. I wasn't impressed.

I was expecting some significant hits, but I didn't see any.

• Xoulrath wrote: »
    I got 25/10/15 Just as I did with Rose and Holdo a few weeks ago. So a total of 50 to unlock and get SM to 3*.

Of course it does stink that the bundle leaves you 5 shards short of being able to 4*. I'd like to buy the bundle, but I really don't like the idea of throwing another 1300 crystals on top of $10 just to get a 4*.

I second that notion. You pay money and you can't even get to the next level. Just another
    reminder that the game is a money grab and your success depends on how much you're willing to part with. Just add the few extra shards so we can get to the next level. It takes so long to farm all of toons we need for this game now.

• ksomm5
    169 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    As long as whales keep spending they are going to continue the silly marquee events. Got sent a picture with a 7* g12 Marauder. Nothing will change as long as they keep getting their money.

The part that annoys me is packs don’t get you to the 4* anymore. I used to do one of those here and there. No more. Too greedy of my money.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Morning morning,
    We appreciate the reports and tags on this issue. We are still in the investigation period and will report more once our team have made their way to the office in order to evaluate. For now, I'll be following up via the Answers HQ thread.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.