Get ready to Places of power (Assaults battles) event using least possible sum of money

I am f2p lvl 80 player. I need fleet currency a lot for my fleet to stay in top 20 :) So I am thinking on spending some amount of money on the game (once) to master first tier of this event now and to be able to master second tier in a month and last tier in 2 month.
I want to use least possible amount of real money.
What I have now is: Palpatine 5* now (shards for 7*) g8; Vader 6* g8; Maul 4* g7 (almost g8)

I was told that the best way to master this event is to have Nihilius as leader, unfortunately the marquee events don't return for new players so I am forced to buy it with crystals (which I will buy for money).
Assuming I will buy Nihilius and unlock him keeping him on 3 * and gearing up to g8 now. Will I be able to clear tier 1 now (on current gear and stars) and tier 2 next month and tier 3 in 2 month without insane gear levels (as f2p I can get them like to g10-g11 next time Maul will be 7* next month). I am also going to keep Nihilius on 3 stars forever unless they make him farmable somehow apart of shipments for crystals

Also I will need a 5th toon for this team I suppose a sith would be best shot. If I am going to buy one of the current Sith packs which toon would be a best for this team to master this event to the last tier as soon as possible without needing to overgear or without need to get a lot of more stars on toons.

Or maybe one of you can advice me how I can do this better assuming I am not be forced to give out more than 50 bucks on the game. I have some First Order toons but they are all low leveled low starred and low geared and I think there is no good synergy between trio I have Vader Palp and Maul with any FO toon that I can get fast.

Replies

• I wouldn't bother farming, or gearing characters for any of these events. The rewards are crap compared to the amount of effort and time (you specifically) would have to put in to be able complete it. Just keep your focus on both arenas for faster progress in the future.
  • Black_SW
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I wouldn't bother farming, or gearing characters for any of these events. The rewards are **** compared to the amount of effort and time (you specifically) would have to put in to be able complete it. Just keep your focus on both arenas for faster progress in the future.

You get 1 mio ship materials for first time and 200k every other time for every tier if I have the right info or it is not so? It means it is possible to get monthly like 1.2 mio ship materials alltogether from all 3 tiers of this event. And 3 millions as bonus for first time clearing.

The problem is I need around 4mio ship materials to get my desired state of fleet to stay in top 20 and probably hit top 10 in fleet arena, which is my main crystal income source for now. If you could tell me how I can get such big ship materials flow apart of this event you would make me happy. :) In other words to focus on fleet arena I need ship materials and I thought this event is a good source of them.

I just googled a little bit more. Some player suggest Zaul (L) as alternative. How good should it be geared which toons should I take with him in this case apart of Vader and Palpatine. Would Kylo and FOTP work?
  • Maul is your friend, nihlus makes it super easy, but maul is definitely your friend

Stick palp as your lead and whatever sith you have, you didn’t mention if you had nihlus?

First tier you should be golden, other two at your star and gear level possibly not.

When you get to the final battle have everyone off cool down and take out yoda first (nihlus is best for this reason) then smack away at the rest as they turn to jelly, same applies to the other tiers.
  • Just saw the end of your question, pretty sure it’s just sith toons.so kylo and fotp wouldn’t be usable
  • Black_SW
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Just saw the end of your question, pretty sure it’s just sith toons.so kylo and fotp wouldn’t be usable
    In the description of event in the app inside it says sith and First order units allowed. Also there is a lot of ppl who manage to clear that event in January with pure FO teams due their posts here (link)

I don't have Nihilus I am thinking on buying him for real money but if it would be possible to avoid this I would prefer not doing this of course. I am ok with not mastering 1 tier this time but want to master 1-2 tier next month. I can get zeta till that time and put it on Maul he will be 7* g10 (can try g11) in a month cause I farm him for my fleet now very fast.

• Ah sorry it’s been a while since I haven’t auto’d the event!

Give it a go, maul is king for his damage so get him as lvld and geared as you can, more stars the better and as fast as you can make him.
    Vader’s speed works now with sith so get in as many as you can, kylo as an extra will definitely help. Just have your toons off cooldown for final tier, take out leaders in each battle if your having difficulty, but maul should one shot all the supporting toons with his basic anyway.

It’s not the hardest event, certainly not as bad as ewok or separatists.
  • Black_SW
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Ah sorry it’s been a while since I haven’t auto’d the event!

Give it a go, maul is king for his damage so get him as lvld and geared as you can, more stars the better and as fast as you can make him.
    Vader’s speed works now with sith so get in as many as you can, kylo as an extra will definitely help. Just have your toons off cooldown for final tier, take out leaders in each battle if your having difficulty, but maul should one shot all the supporting toons with his basic anyway.

It’s not the hardest event, certainly not as bad as ewok or separatists.
    Ok and as lead I should use Palpatine or Maul this time (without zetas)

Yeah ewok hard as hell but I am in need of ship materials more than in need of credits for now though zeta on ewoks event are also very appealing. Didn't see separatist event yet.
  • Palp, just better good luck
  • Black_SW wrote: »
    I don't have Nihilus I am thinking on buying him for real money but if it would be possible to avoid this I would prefer not doing this of course. I am ok with not mastering 1 tier this time but want to master 1-2 tier next month. I can get zeta till that time and put it on Maul he will be 7* g10 (can try g11) in a month cause I farm him for my fleet now very fast.

I wouldn't bother with the zeta on Maul honestly. He's not the all-star in arena anymore, and even at 3* Nihilus will be a better leader for this particular event (also, Nihilus is farmable in darkside hard 9A, if you wanted him this time you'd have to buy shipments obviously, but if you don't buy you could probably still farm him to unlock by the next time this rolls around for tier 2).

Thanks to the offense boost Maul under Nihilus lead can one-shot a lot of characters in this challenge without needing to get a crit like he would under other leaders, so he can just tear through refreshing his turn meter on his basic.
  • I beat it the first time around with g8 maul i also had prolly g10 or 11 Savage/Phasma, g9 palp and g8 sidious i think. The others did a little but basically maul beat the event. I believe you will need him 7* tho atleast for tier 2 or 3, can't remember how many tiers and probably need his omega's done especially unique and basic.
  • thanks for all the input guys :) I'e bought Nihilus and with a hell of spent time and careful timing during the fight I managed to hit all 3 tiers. Yay! I am happy :)
  • Cool!