Lord of Pain

124Next

Replies

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I repeat:
    I said it always happens & 100% of the time to date is, categorically & indisputably, always.
    It has always happened.
    Can you name me a Raid where it hasn't happened? If you can't, then it always happens.
    Note: This is NOT the same as saying "This will always happen." This is where your confusion seems to lay.

I get the impression I'm having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
    Definition of always :
    Always: At all times, forever

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/always
    Thank you. Although I'd advise using a reputable dictionary. Try:
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/always

At all times it has happened = it has always happened. Yes? Past & present tense, objective, definitive.
    Entirely different statement to "It will always be this way." Future tense, speculative.
    You understand the distinct difference between past, present & future tense & how they affect context?

Name one time where a Raid hasn't and the debate is over.
    If no-one can, then the debate is over & it has, as I said, always been this way.

• If there is any truth to this rumor:

https://screenrant.com/disney-star-wars-ea-games/

Then Revan is a possibility, as EA may want to unload all high revenue characters asap
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Vdr wrote: »
    I don’t want to make a point.
    It can be Meetra, although (or because) its a character with a small appeal.
    Unlike Revan in KOTOR, Meetra wasn’t the exile until several years after KOTOR II was released and so she was not the exile to anyone playing KOTOR II.
    To be fair, General Kenobi wasn't exactly high appeal to anyone who hadn't watched The Clone Wars cartoons & even then....
    Meetra was also playable in SWTOR Chapter 3.
    The fact that Revan commands a far higher demand, makes it far less likely, from a commercial sense, that he'll be the reward for the Raid.

• Vdr wrote: »
    I don’t want to make a point.
    It can be Meetra, although (or because) its a character with a small appeal.
    Unlike Revan in KOTOR, Meetra wasn’t the exile until several years after KOTOR II was released and so she was not the exile to anyone playing KOTOR II.
    To be fair, General Kenobi wasn't exactly high appeal to anyone who hadn't watched The Clone Wars cartoons & even then....

I'm pretty sure most Star Wars fans either watched the clone wars movie or cartoon and enjoyed Kenobi. I know for me I have never seen the cartoons but I LOVE Ewan McGregor , and Kenobi because of him
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • @DaWitchIzDed

So who is your guess for Raid reward character? Sorry if you already said, we seem to have gotten off topic
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @DaWitchIzDed

So who is your guess for Raid reward character? Sorry if you already said, we seem to have gotten off topic
    My initial thought was Traya, until I looked at current & previous form.
    Then, the only answer of a LS character who was synonymous with the DS characters that you face, is Meetra Surik, following the same logic as HS being directly associated with Jabba therefore Rancor & GK defeating Grievous and effectively being the Hero of The Clone Wars (excluding JKA).
    As those 2 have both seemed to do a similar thing in that respect then, if this new Raid does the same, which is not to say that it definitely will, it surely must be Meetra Surik?
  • @DaWitchIzDed
    That would make sense if they are trying to lead into Malak and Revan , which would be awesome
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I'm pretty sure most Star Wars fans either watched the clone wars movie or cartoon and enjoyed Kenobi. I know for me I have never seen the cartoons but I LOVE Ewan McGregor , and Kenobi because of him
    I did and I very much liked the character also, but I know a whole lot of people who loved the OT, who hated the PT & who haven't seen the cartoon or the feature length.
    I advise them to, as it makes so much more of the PT, but they're just not interested in seeing anything associated with Jar Jar or Anakin, due to Christensen & Jar Jar being the film equivalent of a laxative.

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @DaWitchIzDed
    That would make sense if they are trying to lead into Malak and Revan , which would be awesome
    @FierceRevan
    Which would be my guess, also.
    Event for Sion, maybe have a future Event for Traya that requires Marauder, Nihilus, Sion, Assassin & Trooper, if QoL update brings in TOR faction category, which it may well do as we now have a few characters.
    Meetra Surik would also lead well to the expected Jedi rework

Then either DS Hero's Journey equivalent or Mythic Event type for Revan, requiring Surik or TOR to complete.

Just my guess, but based on logic.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if it was Traya, Bane or Malak, but think the most probable is Meetra Surik, or maybe even Visas Marr.
    Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • I think anything is game at the moment with the way they've attempted to play with different release cadences for toons etc. Not saying it's the same thing just that they seem to be experimenting with stuff to see if works. Wouldn't expect that to stop
  • @DaWitchIzDed
    @FierceRevan
    Which would be my guess, also.
    Event for Sion, maybe have a future Event for Traya that requires Marauder, Nihilus, Sion, Assassin & Trooper, if QoL update brings in TOR faction category, which it may well do as we now have a few characters.
    Meetra Surik would also lead well to the expected Jedi rework

Then either DS Hero's Journey equivalent or Mythic Event type for Revan, requiring Surik or TOR to complete.

Just my guess, but based on logic.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if it was Traya, Bane or Malak, but think the most probable is Meetra Surik, or maybe even Visas Marr.

While I see all the valid points regarding/leading to Meetra Surik... 3 LS Raid toons who are all a step above many others or simply op? If Sith Raid will be as Hard as many expect, I honestly fear DS will never reach a balanced status...
    3 raids = 3 LS toons
    2 journeys = 2 LS toons

Where is the DS love? And honestly, being thrown ok to good at us DS lovers is NOT FAIR after GK, CLS, JTR who are all 100% Auto includes in their respective factions, with GK being an auto include in like 90% of teams in general if you have him...
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Cossin wrote: »
    While I see all the valid points regarding/leading to Meetra Surik... 3 LS Raid toons who are all a step above many others or simply op? If Sith Raid will be as Hard as many expect, I honestly fear DS will never reach a balanced status...
    3 raids = 3 LS toons
    2 journeys = 2 LS toons

Where is the DS love? And honestly, being thrown ok to good at us DS lovers is NOT FAIR after GK, CLS, JTR who are all 100% Auto includes in their respective factions, with GK being an auto include in like 90% of teams in general if you have him...
    I don't disagree, but fair is irrelevant in the world we live in.
    Meetra Surik would lead the way to Revan & Malak, as already mentioned by FierceRevan.
    Sion is coming & presumably Traya too.

If all 4 of them are top drawer, then there's a 5/4, maybe 5/5 depending on Meetra Surik, in DS favour, rather than the 4/1 in LS' favour that we currently have with Thrawn being the only real DS dominant.
    The faction L from Traya & any synergy with Sion could bring Nihilus into play again, too.

If that scenario sounds plausible, then we could even need the Raid reward to be Meetra Surik, in order to stop the top characters being DS dominated & bring the balance between both sides of The Force's God characters.

• If there is any truth to this rumor:

https://screenrant.com/disney-star-wars-ea-games/

Then Revan is a possibility, as EA may want to unload all high revenue characters asap

Considering it keeps getting moved or deleted by mods and there is a petition with close to 200k signatures....just a rumor until Disney announces it.
  • I still think there will be a lot more KOTOR characters added. We still need Bastila Shan who would be a candidate for light side release as well.
  • Could be any character I guess, lightside or darkside but I really don't see the point of promoting February as the month of the Sith just to have the raid reward be another LS toon (just because you beat up/getting beaten up by Sith in the new raid doesn't make the Sith faction stronger). My money is that we will see a ds toon, and probably a Sith, whoever that may be.
  • Cossin wrote: »
    3 raids = 3 LS toons
    2 journeys = 2 LS toons

I don't disagree, but fair is irrelevant in the world we live in.
    Meetra Surik would lead the way to Revan & Malak, as already mentioned by FierceRevan.
    Sion is coming & presumably Traya too.

If all 4 of them are top drawer, then there's a 5/4, maybe 5/5 depending on Meetra Surik, in DS favour, rather than the 4/1 in LS' favour that we currently have with Thrawn being the only real DS dominant.
    The faction L from Traya & any synergy with Sion could bring Nihilus into play again, too.

If that scenario sounds plausible, then we could even need the Raid reward to be Meetra Surik, in order to stop the top characters being DS dominated & bring the balance between both sides of The Force's God characters.

I don‘t quite get your 5/4 & 5/5 reference *ponders*

Let‘s leave out the hero‘s journeys as they are something else (I just wanted to say, we don‘t have a single DS hero‘s journey yet, but 2 LS).
    So what we are left with is currently
    2 LS raid toons, 0 DS raid toons

If the raid toon is Meetra we would have
    3 LS raid toons, 0 DS toons AND the first mandatory raidtoon for a hero‘s/viallain‘s journey

If we get by any chance Sion AND Traya
    2 LS raid toons and 2 DS raid toons

Also keep in mind, raids don’t necessarily depict actual lore/events like hero‘s journeys have done and will do. So just because Meetra ended the Triumvirate, it doesn‘t mean she will have a part in it (although there are connections between raid and raid reward characters)
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Stokat It's promoted as the "Month of The Sith" because we have new Sith character(s?), existing Sith characters have been reworked and a new Sith Raid is coming.
    I'd say that pretty firmly makes this month correctly defined by that categorisation.

There have not been many prior occasions where you fight one faction, LS or DS, to gain shards from the same faction. Most times it's the opposite faction and has been 100% that way with both existing Raids.
    I really don't understand why anyone would expect any different.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Stokat It's promoted as the "Month of The Sith" because we have new Sith character(s?), existing Sith characters have been reworked and a new Sith Raid is coming.
    I'd say that pretty firmly makes this month correctly defined by that categorisation.

There have not been many prior occasions where you fight one faction, LS or DS, to gain shards from the same faction. Most times it's the opposite faction and has been 100% that way with both existing Raids.

Well we had two new resistence toons released in January without anyone calling it the month of the Resistance and when they released the AAT raid they didn’t call it the month of the separatists even though you were fighting the Separatist faction. You might very well be right that there won’t be anymore ds toons coming with the new raid but just because they in the prior raids have given shards for ls toons doesn’t necessarily mean they will do so now. In fact that we already have two raids that give LS characters could in itself be an argument that it is time for a dark side raid toon. Regardless we are all just guessing anyway, in a few days (hopefully) we will know for sure.
  • Stokat wrote: »

Well we had two new resistence toons released in January without anyone calling it the month of the Resistance and when they released the AAT raid they didn’t call it the month of the separatists even though you were fighting the Separatist faction. You might very well be right that there won’t be anymore ds toons coming with the new raid but just because they in the prior raids have given shards for ls toons doesn’t necessarily mean they will do so now. In fact that we already have two raids that give LS characters could in itself be an argument that it is time for a dark side raid toon. Regardless we are all just guessing anyway, in a few days (hopefully) we will know for sure.

Hopefully, tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.