New mid level player - needs help

https://swgoh.gg/u/cboath7/collection/

This is what i have. I've just hit 60 and I'm about to get Boba, Lando, and Sidious (all less than 5 shards to go).

I wasn't aware of this forum until a few days ago. I'd just been playing blind so to speak from the get go.

I'm not sure what to do with ships which just opened to me.

Once the above characters are unlocked, i'm thinking of completing Phoenix Squad. I've seen people saying push this/that to 7* and it's taken forever to push lando/fett to opening. Been like 8-9 days and that gets them to 4. Does it really take people 5-6ish weeks of farming a character to get to 7? or am i missing something?

My squad area level is around the 3000 mark. In GW i can get to the final fight, but only beat it once. I've read to beat it you need to fill out the middle of your characters.

Just hoping someone can provide some general direction at this point. There's a whole lot out there and in retrospect i seem to have had a scattershot approach.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    15 shards a day in galactic war which is 22 days to take a character to 7 stars.

It's similar in arena store for the guys who are top rank or cantina if you are spending 3 refreshes a day with crystals from arena winnings.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    How long it takes to farm a character is highly variable depending on farming location, how many refreshes you do, etc. A character with just a single hard node will take about 7 months to farm from zero. For a cantina node character, you can do a lot of refreshes to speed up the farm (which will also get you more cantina currency for those characters).

But yes, farming anything in this game takes a long time. You have to have a lot of patience to enjoy it.

Phoenix is a good choice because it will get you Thrawn, can be used for Palpatine as well, and is very good in GW due to its recovery mechanics. And eventually you would need to get them anyway.
  • Join a guild because the different directions to choose from are multiple. Depends on if you’re ftp or ptp, if you want to prep for potential future or try to catch up to current meta. Lots of options.

Get bounty hunters high enough to max credit heist
    Try to build toons that have synergy and that have multiple purposes in the game (like phoenix)
    Focus on one or two at a time until you’re happy with their progress, then focus on one or two others. Don’t try to build 10 toons at once.
  • I am in a guild, but they seem to only do tier V and higher stuff. I can't get a point of damage out of my two 5's on the raids. I still get stuff, but it still feels futile.

Forget to mention i'm pretty much F2P - did buy the vader pack. Saw people talking it up and it jumped me straight to 5.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    That’s ok. You want to be in the highest raids you can qualify for, even before you are able to do actual damage to them.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    If you can't beat the final battle in galactic wars, you're missing out on a lot of the rewards. Synergy is really important in the game, so just bringing in your 5 strongest characters won't cut it. From your roster, you might want to try a Jedi team, as you have 5 Jedi who are among your more powerful. It may not do great in arena, but it could be more likely to get you through galactic war.

Also, I noticed you leveled Holdo and the Sith Marauder up over 50. It's really important to first get one team of really good characters and not waste time or resources on others. It's not worth working on too many characters at once, and I'd avoid doing anything with characters from marquee events until they're farmable. The reason for that is they're going to hit a wall from being low starred.

Phoenix is a good team, although you're late to start it. For better arena viability, I'd consider starting to farm an old-school rebels squad - Biggs Darklighter from galactic war store, Stormtrooper Han and Princess Leia from arena store, and Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles from cantina nodes. That team will do well in arena with a Wedge lead. And while you're farming it, you can use a Lando lead, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Luminara, Kanan Jarrus team. It's going to be a bit rough, but it will allow you to use your best current characters and have a healer, a taunter, damage dealers, and a little bit of synergy.
  • ANUBlS wrote: »
    Get bounty hunters high enough to max credit heist

Scoundrels.
  • If you care about being competitive and arena, I would definitely consider to restart. It will take you more time and effort to fix it than just simply restart with all the knowledge the guides can provide to you.

If you don't care about that, it's true that you are late to start farming phoenix squad (keeping an eye always in your scoundrels) but I would do it anyway because they will give you access to EP/Thrawn and will rush galactic wars everyday without any problem.
  • Thanks for the info. It give me a lot more to work with than i had.

I have the tokens to unlock chopper and i've got hera to 14, so i'm close to having a PS. I think i'll try the jedi team a bit and see how it goes. Try some light side battles, etc.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    If you can't beat the final battle in galactic wars, you're missing out on a lot of the rewards. Synergy is really important in the game, so just bringing in your 5 strongest characters won't cut it. From your roster, you might want to try a Jedi team, as you have 5 Jedi who are among your more powerful. It may not do great in arena, but it could be more likely to get you through galactic war.

Also, I noticed you leveled Holdo and the Sith Marauder up over 50. It's really important to first get one team of really good characters and not waste time or resources on others. It's not worth working on too many characters at once, and I'd avoid doing anything with characters from marquee events until they're farmable. The reason for that is they're going to hit a wall from being low starred.

Phoenix is a good team, although you're late to start it. For better arena viability, I'd consider starting to farm an old-school rebels squad - Biggs Darklighter from galactic war store, Stormtrooper Han and Princess Leia from arena store, and Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles from cantina nodes. That team will do well in arena with a Wedge lead. And while you're farming it, you can use a Lando lead, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Luminara, Kanan Jarrus team. It's going to be a bit rough, but it will allow you to use your best current characters and have a healer, a taunter, damage dealers, and a little bit of synergy.

Just wanna add a x2 thanks.

tried a Luminara led Jedi team and between that and finally learning about retreat, i've cleared GW the last 2 days. Had to spell in some heavier hitters on a couple nodes - and today's final was a @#$%&, but it's worked out pretty well.

Getting close to the Lando led team (couple of them still need a few more abilities).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    To ensure a steady income of the 2 basic resources:

1. Climb as high as possible in the squad arena (for crystal rewards). Plan which team you want to play there and prioritize those characters when spending recources and equipping gear.
    2. Have a team of scoundrels to do the high tier of credit heist. Boba and Lando are great — also for arena and other game modes. Develop them further. Chewie is fine at 4*. No need to develop him further. ST Han and IG—88 are commonly used to complete the team.
    3. Do galactic war every day.
    4. You are about to unlock ships and gain access the fleet arena. Stay as high as possible there. Major mile stones are top—200 and top—20. This is where the big increases in rewards happen. Biggs, Vader, Tarkin, Tie Fighter, first order tie fighter and Boba Fett all have great ships.