GameChanger Gameplay: Sith Marauder

Replies

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That, IMHO, is not a good business decision.

Which is not my, and I assume not your, problem.

Go ahead and enjoy the game.
    Does become his problem if it prevents him from enjoying the game without feeling like he's being ripped off?
    Also becomes the game's problem if that continues and spreads through the player base.
    Then it becomes everyone's problem when the studio decide to bin the no longer profitable game.
    It's like being the child with their hand inside the sweet jar. He's suggesting that they would get more people paying if people saw value in what they were able to purchase.
    I know I would happily spend £40, the price of a game, for it. But not when it costs over £120 to take a single character from 3 - 7 Star.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That, IMHO, is not a good business decision.

Which is not my, and I assume not your, problem.

Go ahead and enjoy the game.
    Does become his problem if it prevents him from enjoying the game without feeling like he's being ripped off?
    Also becomes the game's problem if that continues and spreads through the player base.
    Then it becomes everyone's problem when the studio decide to bin the no longer profitable game.
    Yeah,a lot of people don’t get it. Too much ego, I guess, for some to be able to consider the consequences of more and more people leaving because of bad business decisions.

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah,a lot of people don’t get it. Too much ego, I guess, for some to be able to consider the consequences of more and more people leaving because of bad business decisions.
    Some questionable decisions I can understand, but when they're just born from pure greed I find it a little short-sighted, to say the least.
    The only thing that really does is add weight to the rumour of Disney pulling EA's SW licence.

• Then it becomes everyone's problem when the studio decide to bin the no longer profitable game.

If the game is genuinely that important to people, then...not much I can say. I can't imagine it being that important to people. Different ideas of what's important in life I guess.

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018

If the game is genuinely that important to people, then...not much I can say. I can't imagine it being that important to people. Different ideas of what's important in life I guess.
    Having something that you enjoy become no longer available through an obvious flaw that is not your doing would be detrimental to anyone. Game or otherwise.
    If you cannot do something that you enjoy then your quality of life is less.

If this game was not of some importance to people, then it would not be a million dollar business, it would not have this forum, it would not have a multitude of YT channels entirely devoted to it.
    You are aware of those facts, so you are entirely aware of its importance to others.
    I can, therefore, only presume that you're being facetious?

However I do agree that different people place differing levels of importance on different items, obviously. Value for money is important to the majority of people.

As an analogy:
    Do you support a football club or any other sports team? If they went out of business because the owners neglected the team & over-charged for entry then you couldn't watch or support them anymore. Would that not be the same level of impact on one's life?

• Do you support a football club or any other sports team?

No. Always seems a ridiculous pursuit.

• The "Shadow of Malachor" Marquee event has come early to the Holotable, and our Gamechangers have been hard at work testing out the newest addition to the dark side. Please see their videos below:

Nukin:
    https://youtu.be/sIxOdumIeZE
    AhnaldT101:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plmjTOfo8CQ
    CubsFanHan:
    https://youtu.be/Po9_de2jJgk
    The "Shadow of Malachor" Marquee event has come early to the Holotable, and our Gamechangers have been hard at work testing out the newest addition to the dark side. Please see their videos below:

Nukin:
    https://youtu.be/sIxOdumIeZE
    AhnaldT101:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plmjTOfo8CQ
    CubsFanHan:
    https://youtu.be/Po9_de2jJgk

• brittdrummer
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @CG_Kozispoon Not trying to come off so negative, but is there any possible way that the devs can fix this game? TW PVP battles crash (hurting your entire guild performance in TW), Ship Alility Materials Tier IV (reducing the chance to get Zetas), Fleet Arena PVP battles (effecting ranking & Zetas), Events battles, Light Side Battle 9-B (Shore trooper & Tie Reaper) Light Side Battle 9-C (Baze), & these are just several examples that haven’t had crashes 1 or 2 x, but more like 100’s of times! And the instability all started when ships were introduced to the game. I love this game!!!! I play multi times each & every single day. I have also spent a kitten ton of money (& I mean a ton of money) as in 100’s of dollars! Is it too much to expect the game not to crash on my IPad? And yes, I’ve tried reinstalling, and no I’m not comfortable to changing it over to another device because if I lose all my toons & progress then I really would have just kittened all my money away... Please for the love of Leia HELP ME!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @brittdrummer
    Whilst I agree with you, I'm not sure that post has any relevance to this particular thread mate? Is there not a more appropriate one to place that comment in?

• DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Seems that games in general are something you consider a worthless pursuit.
    As such, why do you play & why are you even registered here, for such a "ridiculous pursuit"?
    Both of those things seem contrary to the opinion you purport to espouse.

Either way, you're coming across as a troll.

• Fine, carry on losing sleep and whinging :) Have fun!
  • So,is he really worth gearing up or just wait for a better character to be released?Both MobileGamer and Ahnaldt are not impressed by it.
  • Nokhai wrote: »
    So,is he really worth gearing up or just wait for a better character to be released?Both MobileGamer and Ahnaldt are not impressed by it.
    Until he gets fixed is not worth investing anything in him. He doesn’t work neither under Vader’s lead,neither under Nihilus lead since for some insane reason he doesn’t get the offence boost..keep your gear and Crystals for now

• I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... I think that the shard amounts need to change from 5-330 to 50-330! Two days ago, I spent a total of 6495 crystals and all I got was 22 shards for the Sith Marauder. I agree, from what I saw in the event, he's a valuable character, but I'm not going to waste hundreds of dollars on a whim that I get good luck in getting all 330 shards in 15,000 worth of crystals.
  • I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... I think that the shard amounts need to change from 5-330 to 50-330! Two days ago, I spent a total of 6495 crystals and all I got was 22 shards for the Sith Marauder. I agree, from what I saw in the event, he's a valuable character, but I'm not going to waste hundreds of dollars on a whim that I get good luck in getting all 330 shards in 15,000 worth of crystals.

Well, that‘s one of the cases why I look forward to law changes in Germany -and if passed, the rest of Europe probably follows through as well.
    Such rates are gambling imho and Germany’s as well.
    I haven‘t been there, but I think you can gamble for less money in Vegas (although, chances for the 330 shards are probably the same as hitting the jackpot there)
    I bought 1-2 shard packs and all I got was a total of like 20 shards. Never again, only 100% buy what you see options.
    That being said, I keep wondering what the psychological effects are especially regarding mobile games. So many people sink so much money into them... I believe -I don‘t have facts- that non-mobile games are completely different, at least to my experience. I wonder why it‘s like that.
  • I think it is now common knowledge... if u want to 7* a toon through packs u have to be ready to spend about 300 usd...
    Getting a pack with a large ampunt pf shards has an extremely low probability. If it happens great, but don t expect it to happen. It s like playing the lotto...
  • Do you support a football club or any other sports team?

Must be a Cleveland Indians fan.
  • @CoastalJames
    Didn't notice anyone whinging? If you were referring to me, I was simply attempting to explain to you why some people may view the game with a different level of importance to you, because you said you couldn't understand why anybody would place any importance on it.
    Still seems strange that you're registered (now a Mod too?) on a forum for a game that you state you don't care about, but to each their own.
    As for losing sleep, don't know where you're drawing that assumption about anybody from, as don't recall anybody saying that they had difficulty sleeping? I assure you that I sleep perfectly soundly, don't worry. :-)

The 5-330 shard range is one of the ugliest rip offs I've ever seen on any given game. It's a shame to fool your players like this.
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • @Human3001
    To be fair, it's not attempting to fool anyone, just tempt them.
    I'm not a p2p player, primarily because I view it in the same light as the lottery.
    I know which one I'd rather win, though! lol
  • Human3001 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... I think that the shard amounts need to change from 5-330 to 50-330! Two days ago, I spent a total of 6495 crystals and all I got was 22 shards for the Sith Marauder. I agree, from what I saw in the event, he's a valuable character, but I'm not going to waste hundreds of dollars on a whim that I get good luck in getting all 330 shards in 15,000 worth of crystals.

The 5-330 shard range is one of the ugliest rip offs I've ever seen on any given game. It's a shame to fool your players like this.

How is it “fooling” your players when it is well documented all over the forum/reddit/youtube how abysmal the chance of getting high shard amount drops is from that pack? If you still decide to gamble on it, then it is your choice. You should be expecting 5 shards every pull and be happy if it’s anything else. If you can’t accept that, don’t buy. If you still buy it and feeling angry and ripped off afterwards, then maybe you are right, you are a fool.
  • I play this game long enough to know to keep my hands off these packages, but there are always new players which constantly are falling for the 5-330 trap. I spend my crystals only on energy.
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Any chance we can get some testing of newer characters in more real-world situations? For example, a Sith Marauder that's NOT seven star and gear 12, or characters on teams that don't consist of every top-end character (JTR, Thrawn, GK) that many people may not have unlocked?

Probably not. You're watching a sales pitch. They have to show off their A game.

I get that part of it. But I don’t need 10 sales pitches. Eight would be good, with one or two actual examples thrown in for good measure.

Then you have found a niche market my friend - start your own SWGOH Youtube channel.
  • Most of the whales I know have bought enough of these toons to know the average cost of maxing them from these packs. They usually choose to do it anyway.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Roughly £120 for 7* on one toon at level 1 with no Gear.
    If people want to spend their money, that's their business.
    Personally, I wouldn't consider spending the cost of 3 console games on one character, but each to their own. Without the guys who do spend, there wouldn't be a business & therefore no game.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ubefuct wrote: »
    Of course it fools the players. No one looks at reddit/yt/forum before playing a game. Anyone new would look at it and think its random from the listed possibilities... nothing in game would lead you to believe anything different. Don't be an azz
    Only the gullible, naïve or people with absolutely no experience of freemium games would think that they are likely to get the higher end of the reward spectrum.
    It is random. There is a possibility of getting the higher end, it's just far less likely.
    If you purchase something that has a percentage chance of getting something that comes within a range, it's pretty obvious that the lower end will have a higher probability of return.
    Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ubefuct wrote: »
    Of course it fools the players. No one looks at reddit/yt/forum before playing a game. Anyone new would look at it and think its random from the listed possibilities... nothing in game would lead you to believe anything different. Don't be an azz
    Only the gullible, naïve or people with absolutely no experience of freemium games would think that they are likely to get the higher end of the reward spectrum.
    It is random. There is a possibility of getting the higher end, it's just far less likely.
    If you purchase something that has a percentage chance of getting something that comes within a range, it's pretty obvious that the lower end will have a higher probability of return.

“Higher prrobability of occurence” .
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    “Higher prrobability of occurence” .
    Yes, that too. You get a range of return on your investment & it is more probable that the return will be low?
    Either, or. Both work to convey the same point and both are grammatically correct.
  • Vorgen wrote: »
    Human3001 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... I think that the shard amounts need to change from 5-330 to 50-330! Two days ago, I spent a total of 6495 crystals and all I got was 22 shards for the Sith Marauder. I agree, from what I saw in the event, he's a valuable character, but I'm not going to waste hundreds of dollars on a whim that I get good luck in getting all 330 shards in 15,000 worth of crystals.

How is it “fooling” your players when it is well documented all over the forum/reddit/youtube how abysmal the chance of getting high shard amount drops is from that pack? If you still decide to gamble on it, then it is your choice. You should be expecting 5 shards every pull and be happy if it’s anything else. If you can’t accept that, don’t buy. If you still buy it and feeling angry and ripped off afterwards, then maybe you are right, you are a fool.

Believe it or not, but there are more people that don't use these forums, Reddit, and YouTube, in relation to this game, than those that do. Those packs rely on the fact that most people don't use them and won't realize the abysmal return until making a few purchases themselves.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Believe it or not, but there are more people that don't use these forums, Reddit, and YouTube, in relation to this game, than those that do. Those packs rely on the fact that most people don't use them and won't realize the abysmal return until making a few purchases themselves.

Yes, direct parallel with the Lottery. People still spend on that despite knowing that they have a greater chance of being hit by an asteroid than winning the jackpot.
    Are the lottery fooling those people by saying that they could win 10 million, when the chance of even winning a tenner is pretty slim?
    At least with this you have a guaranteed ROI of the lowest amount.

That's not to say I agree with the process, personally I absolutely detest that this element even exists in games, but it's also completely false to state that they're attempting to fool people.
    They're attempting to tempt people and if those people choose to spend their money, then that is their own choice and they are entirely and solely accountable for their own decision.
    Especially if they do not bother to inform themselves of the likelihood of success, prior to trying.