GameChanger Gameplay: Sith Marauder

13Next

Replies

• Yes, direct parallel with the Lottery. People still spend on that despite knowing that they have a greater chance of being hit by an asteroid than winning the jackpot.
    Are the lottery fooling those people by saying that they could win 10 million, when the chance of even winning a tenner is pretty slim?
    At least with this you have a guaranteed ROI of the lowest amount.
    And that is why lottery tickets can only be sold to adults. This game is also marketed towards minors. The inclusion of lottery like elements is actually pretty shady. (As the world woke up to in the wake of the Battlefront II debacle.) Also for lotteries the odds for winning are actually known.
  • Vorgen wrote: »
    Human3001 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this... I think that the shard amounts need to change from 5-330 to 50-330! Two days ago, I spent a total of 6495 crystals and all I got was 22 shards for the Sith Marauder. I agree, from what I saw in the event, he's a valuable character, but I'm not going to waste hundreds of dollars on a whim that I get good luck in getting all 330 shards in 15,000 worth of crystals.

The 5-330 shard range is one of the ugliest rip offs I've ever seen on any given game. It's a shame to fool your players like this.

How is it “fooling” your players when it is well documented all over the forum/reddit/youtube how abysmal the chance of getting high shard amount drops is from that pack? If you still decide to gamble on it, then it is your choice. You should be expecting 5 shards every pull and be happy if it’s anything else. If you can’t accept that, don’t buy. If you still buy it and feeling angry and ripped off afterwards, then maybe you are right, you are a fool.

Believe it or not, but there are more people that don't use these forums, Reddit, and YouTube, in relation to this game, than those that do. Those packs rely on the fact that most people don't use them and won't realize the abysmal return until making a few purchases themselves.

If you don’t do any research prior to making any purchases, in this game or anywhere else, then most of the blame is on yourself if you don’t get what you think you should get. Be an informed buyer.
  • Back to topic? Who has leveled his Marauder to a higher star level so far? And what was the motivation for doing so? Is the Marauder a game changer or not?
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Human3001 wrote: »
    Back to topic? Who has leveled his Marauder to a higher star level so far? And what was the motivation for doing so? Is the Marauder a game changer or not?

I brought mine to level 85 and maxed out his abilities - but he's still just 3 stars and gear 9.

That said, Sith Marauder is steadfastly mediocre. If there's a lot of buffs on the field he's really tough and has bonkers health steal, but no matter the amount of debuffs his damage output doesn't seem to improve whatsoever.

Still a fun new character to play with though...
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Trias wrote: »
    And that is why lottery tickets can only be sold to adults. This game is also marketed towards minors. The inclusion of lottery like elements is actually pretty shady. (As the world woke up to in the wake of the Battlefront II debacle.) Also for lotteries the odds for winning are actually known.
    How many minors (legally) have credit cards in order to be able to make purchases?
    If they do, then their parents are accountable for their own children's actions with their property/finances.

Ultimately, it is still completely false to state that they're attempting to fool people.
    They're attempting to tempt people and if those people choose to spend their money, then that is their own choice and they are entirely and solely accountable for their own decision.
    Especially if they do not bother to inform themselves of the likelihood of success, prior to trying.