Why is Vader's ship so bad? and falcon, for that matter.

Prev1
Gifafi
6017 posts Member
my falcon isn't 7* or anything, but does it get better? that and vader have the most "power," whatever that seems to mean these days but I have a g11 vader (7* ship)with good mods (I think lol) and the ship is just so soft. Anyone? tyty. Is there a better way to rate ships? I just don't get why vader's is so bad. Besides taking on tip pilot (forget which one) for the unavoidable...
Maybe End Game isn't for you

Replies

• Vader's tie isn't bad. You have to upgrade Vader too.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Well, actually, it is one of the best ship. You really want it at 7* with g12 Vader. Yeap, it cannot stand hard beating, but it incredibly good attacker.
    Same goes for falcon. One guy from my shard have it under Thrawn with phoenixes. If you don’t kill falcon before his AoE, you lose
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Vader's tie isn't bad. You have to upgrade Vader too.

he's g11 with good mods.
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Well, actually, it is one of the best ship. You really want it at 7* with g12 Vader. Yeap, it cannot stand hard beating, but it incredibly good attacker.
    Same goes for falcon. One guy from my shard have it under Thrawn with phoenixes. If you don’t kill falcon before his AoE, you lose

7* g11. I'll admit my falcon isn't starred high yet, but neither can withstand more than a few hits.

ty for advice
  • Ok so Vader is a glass cannon, except that his cannon aspect is the irrestible target locks. Combine him with characters like FOTIE, Biggs, Slave 1/Umbaran and he becomes much better
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Ok so Vader is a glass cannon, except that his cannon aspect is the irrestible target locks. Combine him with characters like FOTIE, Biggs, Slave 1/Umbaran and he becomes much better

^^^^^

Your team consists of 5 ships plus reinforcements and a capital ship. If you put garbage around Vader he will still disppoint no matter how much you upgrade him.
  • Will also point out the stats on mods don't matter. Is based on star level and overall level. Primaries and secondaries have no effect whatsoever.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    all 5*, fwiw
  • rayroars
    72 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    cast scimitar's retribution on tie adv and you will see how fast biggs ship goes down..
    and also tie adv is prob one of the only ships whose basic attack tie fighter can't evade
  • rayroars wrote: »
    cast scimitar's retribution on tie adv and you will see how fast biggs ship goes down..
    and also tie adv is prob one of the only ships whose basic attack tie fighter can't evade

That's a horrible idea. Under normal circumstances, the only ship you should use that ability on aside from tanks is the ITF because of it's high dodge rate.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    My Vader is 85 GS 11 with Level 15 mods and his ship is 6* 85 fully loaded except for 2 more upgrades to I have you now.

A Mace fleet rated 238k **** my 265k rated fleet in 3 turns. It’s all RNG. It has nothing to do with your Ship being bad or under geared. I learned to runTarkin, Umbrian, ITF, FOTF, Biggs, Darth, with Schimtar, Bistan, Boba in Reserve with Cassian or whomever as a 4th. It’s all about the AI and if it knows how to properly defend and use the enemy fleet. I have seen 2 Star Level 76 Red 2 with an under geared GS 6 pilot 1 shot fully loaded Darth. It means nothing. UM Kylo’s ship is the same. Just get a high turn meter and keep at it.
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Both the falcon and tie advanced are amazing ships. The falcon does insane damage and vader does great damage with his unavoidable hit. As stated several times in this thread they are glass cannons and they excel in that role in the fleet you shouldnt expect them to be tanks too. It sounds like you just need to learn how to use them effectively. Put them behind a tank(biggs has great synergy with vader), or stealth them, or buff the falcon up and use it to wipe the entire enrmy fleet in one pass.
  • Vader's ship is probably the best in the game. Yes it has low health and protection but that's because he his basic attacks cannot be resisted or evaded, meaning they go through foresight too. They also always apply target lock and while the ship is active target locks can't be removed.

It works amazingly well with Biggs ship and it's the only ship that can safely take out the imperial tie fighter without causing it to dodge and fed turn meter to the enemy capital ship.

Vader's ship is literally in every team I face
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A lot of good advice here. Both ships are really good.

TA is key to the current meta, I'm always surprised when people drop him from the front line.

I only use falcon in TW, but I've been happy.

That's a horrible idea. Under normal circumstances, the only ship you should use that ability on aside from tanks is the ITF because of it's high dodge rate.

It works for me because I don't really use rebels so I don't use biggs ship. But I guess ultimately its all about synergy with the ships you have at hand.
    rayroars wrote: »

It works for me because I don't really use rebels so I don't use biggs ship. But I guess ultimately its all about synergy with the ships you have at hand.

It's funny that you bring up synergy and then say you don't use Vader and Biggs together. That's the best synergized combo in ships.
  • Im surprised no one talked about how vader's ship counters the tie fighter's disgusting dodge. That alone is good enough reason to run it.
  • Basically there are a few key combinations that you need for Tie Advanced to be effective.

TA + Biggs: Obviously a good combination. Unavoidable target locks when Vader shoots gives Biggs protection and taunt. Plus, when a target lock refreshes thanks to TA, it counts as a new one for Biggs.

TA + Scimitar: Hiding TA behind stealth is the most effective way of protecting him.

TA + Reaper: Reaper can give TA more protection, and slow down enemies.

TA + Slave 1/Umbaran: The combo is the same with either ship. Get 4 enemies target locked, then aim at the last one with Proton Torpedoes or Umbaran Missile Pods. It is not unusual for these two attacks alone to clear the entire enemy team.

TA + Gauntlet: Gauntlet is just fantastic for all Empire ships. It makes them faster and a lot tankier.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »

It's funny that you bring up synergy and then say you don't use Vader and Biggs together. That's the best synergized combo in ships.

like i said, I don't use biggs because mine is pretty squishy. So I make do with mostly DS ships which are my stronger fleet. yea I uds most ppl always have biggs in the fleet but I was born a sith so...yea
  • Vader Tie is not tanky or hard hitting. but a good support. inevitable for typical target lock teams.
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »

like i said, I don't use biggs because mine is pretty squishy. So I make do with mostly DS ships which are my stronger fleet. yea I uds most ppl always have biggs in the fleet but I was born a sith so...yea

I understand that it's more based on like then quality. I'm really bored with ships so I'm farming fo ships for arena for a change. Won't probably do as well but hopefully will make it more fun.
  • His ship does one thing for me—guarantees a hit and target lock on the enemy’s dodgy TIE Fighter.
  • @Thor_Odinson1
    Giving maul's retribution to vader is an amazing strategy. This is my go to move once biggs goes down.

As vader counters, he spreads target locks and bleeds on everyone. Under tarkin, that means more damage for your team. Furthermore, since this attack is unevadable, you wont give the enemy TFP a chance to dodge.

When vader dies, call in fives or boba for an aoe on target locked enemies.
  • @Gifafi
    You are right to ignore power rating.
    You need to look at synergy.

Whether you have the Tarkin meta or Chimera meta, the sips in their fleets are basically the same:

Biggs, TFP, FOTP, Vader, +1 (boba/fives)

Biggs gains protection on target lock +4 ships that target lock on basic preferrably.

Later, people put tie reaper instead of the +1 and some like bistan instead of vader, but that is end game.

I am using tie reaper now, but will delay bistan for several months. Vader is just fine and i need cantina energy for other things than bistan pilots.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Don't forget that with Vader in your lineup, it's not that TL can't be removed. It's that once it is removed, it's immediately reapplied. Meaning that every time TL expires or every time it's cleansed, it reapplies and Biggs regains taunt and protection.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TIE Advanced X1's special it is ALWAYS RESISTED, worst special in the game
  • Vader's ship is amazing, guaranteed hit and guaranteed target lock.
    Falcon is less amazing. It can do great damage under the right circumstances, but can be 1-shot by almost everyone. But remember, this is knock-off version with Rey and Finn. I'm still holding out for the real Falcon with Han and Rebel Chewy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    TIE Advanced X1's special it is ALWAYS RESISTED, worst special in the game

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thanks all, good advice itt
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    TIE Advanced X1's special it is ALWAYS RESISTED, worst special in the game

Only because you are used to his basic that never resisted, i feel the same way but thinking about it i do use it on tfp all the time lol
  • First Order Tiepie is weak but also very good with Vader and targetlock team crazy tm gains