Fleet arena trashed

How is my gear 12, zetad crew members not being able to beat a gear 12 no zeta squad. He has all his crew at gear 12-13,and not zetad. My crew is just gear 12 but zetad, and we'll modded. When khimera uses its special it destroys all my ships, some which still have protection. His FOTP gear 12 no zeta, killed my gear 12 kye unmasked ship, full health with 3 hits. It took me 5 battles to beat his squad. All my pilots and ships have a higher GP then all his. So how come I'm loosing? I use a 6* khimera, Thrawn gear 10, his special is at 6, and abilities 4,5,5,5, and still get annihilated. I have to use a six star Tarkin and hope my squad lasts long enough for his special, which by the way left 2 of his ships alive. It's ridiculous. Anyone else having to buy refreshes to beat a squad Weaker then yours?

Replies

• After the immense headache reading what you call a paragraph, I say no, fleet arena is fine and balanced and either you are bad at fleet tactics, have a bad starter selection, or bad luck.
  • i beat squads higher than mine. So no.

Also, Tie Silencer is squishy. Its SO bad at surviving. Put him behind a taunter. Also add the fact that FOTP is very DPS worthy and you have a very bad spot for the TIE Silencer.

Finally, GP is not a accurate idea of actual playbility, sibce synergies and abilities matter
  • Higher GP really doesn't mean that much, or else Night sisters have no place in Squad Arena.
  • So you just rambled giving almost no indication of what the squads were. Take for instance normal arena, you can have a g12 team with zetas that can be taken out by a g10 team, simply because there are better characters than others (say the g12 team is CW chewie, luminara, Jedi consular, Talia and GM Yoda vs g10 RJT team). With fleet, I run a team that is just above 300k, I can easily beat people that are over 400k, but I can also struggle against teams my own power due to team composition. Look up videos about what the best ships are and use them is the best advice
  • TIE Silencer, while having a lot of health and speed, is still pretty squishy. He's a good backup ship but not a starter.

Use Chimaera's heal up special on the first go before using the tractor beam destructo special.

Target FOTP first. If Biggs is taunting, AOE or remove the taunt. FOTP is most teams' primary damage dealer, eliminate him and your chances of winning go up.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You are placing way too much weight on zetas that don’t have that big of an effect on ships. Those extra g12 pieces are a bigger deal.
  • Just because your arena team is beefy does not translate into a good fleet team. You might have better luck figuring out what is wrong if you tell us what exactly are YOU using and what is your opponent using. But if you need 6 tries to beat him then that is not luck, that is bad strategy.

• Liath wrote: »
    You are placing way too much weight on zetas that don’t have that big of an effect on ships. Those extra g12 pieces are a bigger deal.

I think the Zeta's are worth, what, just 1 extra speed?

To OP - just change up your squad and play around. Doing the exact same thing 5 times in a row is kind of the definition of madness.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm to tired right now to do a list of all squads. Thank those of you who had positive input. I been in fist place in fleet for the past 3 months. I forgot about using an aoe on Biggs, so thank you. I will do a list tomorrow. You can scratch your heads then.
  • For the life of me I’ll never understand those of you who feel the need to chastise someone who is asking for help simply bc of spelling and/or sentence structure..lighten up...this isn’t a composition class, it’s a forum to help one another!