Flopping in the arena helps.

In lieu of another thread trying to de-construct GW difficulty, someone advised that the teams and team power/rank you face in there translates from arena battles.

So I thought I'd try it and for the past 3 days and GW has been much easier. IMO the payout on a completed GW outweighs a moderate ranking in the arena so I chose that path. Not sure if it's luck or it's actually based on arena ranking (last battle won/lost/team power, etc) but like I said, the past 3 days have been much easier to push through. I suggest trying that. Flop your fights. Lose. On purpose. Stay within the average (#201-500 tier, or the #501-1000 tier) and get your reasonable amount of crystals and credits, and still walk through GW for your 1200 green crystals and piles of credits, without throwing your phone or iPad across the room.

Replies

• Options
    Nice! I'm gonna give it a shot!
    GW was a fail at node one today. Node one!
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    I'm lvl 70 and the matching is better. I hover in arena from 200-450 depending on if I've played arena. I can win the whole game war against tougher teams. Just takes more time. I think they got they matching part fixed. No rediculous matches early anymore.
  • Options
    I've started trying this. Was just inside too 200 in arena and I've pulled back to about 250. And GW does indeed seem a bit easier.
  • Options
    I don't think it helps. it's supposedly based on hghest squad power ever reached. Someone pointed me to this post and said it was from a dev...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/
  • Options
    That may be the case. I was just saying to give it a shot if nothing else. I tried it, with full skepticism, and for some reason it seemed to have worked. Who really knows...but it's worth a shot for a full GW payout.
  • Options
    Funny u bring this up, I did this the other day lol
    I even entered a battle with 1 toon lol, Lost to some one higher
    2 days later in GW I made it to the last nod, but couldn't complete it
  • Options
    nonsense. do not be a sucker and trust this info
  • Options
    dwhfloyd wrote: »
    nonsense. do not be a sucker and trust this info

"trust this info"? I was clearly saying it may be worth a shot. I'm not advising anyone. It was a shot in the dark, which I stated it was. If I had said "hey guys, give me $5 and I'll tell you how to beat GW", that would be nonsense. Appreciate you chiming in though. *wink*
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Well, no idea if it works, but I can assure you that GW matchmaking IS NOT based on highest teampower in arena. Either that or it's bugged also.
  • Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Well, no idea if it works, but I can assure you that GW matchmaking IS NOT based on highest teampower in arena. Either that or it's bugged also.

It doesn't work. Trust me. It did for the first few days, hence my post, but that was likely a fluke. Lately I've been getting stomped and have to throw in suicide squads for the last 3 fights almost every time.