Stop pretending

Can we please stop pretending platoons are "random? If CG is truly trying communicate better it starts with telling the truth.

By saying platoons are random, you are saying that every character has an equal chance to be in platoons.

It is obvious to anyone who actually looks at the platoons this is not the case. Platoons 3 and 4 are COMPLETELY empire, weighted heavily towards death trooper and shore trooper.

The rest of the platoons are weighted towards either more powerful or new expensive toons. Nearly every territory requires more p2p toons than say...First order, or seperatist COMBINED.

This is absolutely ridiculous and insulting to the player base to continuously say the platoons are "random." With that said, just stating "we pick the most popular/expensive for platoons, sorry about your luck" is not good enough for a company with as poor a track record for PR as EA currently has.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Random doesn’t mean every possibility is weighted equally.

This is the same basis on which people argue that credit heist isn’t random because 2.5m is the most likely outcome. It is random. It just doesn’t have an equal distribution for all options.
  • They never said they were random. They clearly manipulate the platoon requirements to include a weighted number of p2p toons. There are 4 SM's, 6 Wampas and 2 Pandas in the phase 4 platoons. I'm sure that number will only increase in phases 5 & 6. Compare that to 1 Talia, 1 Poggle, 1 Zam, 2 Boba, 2 Nute, 2 Cad, etc.

The worse part is that even guilds with multiple whales can't fill them - so they are hurting their paying customers as well.

Poor design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Wampa isn’t p2p.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    this
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    They never said they were random.
    and this.

Hekalatos wrote: »
    By saying platoons are random, you are saying that every character has an equal chance to be in platoons.

unfortunately not this.
  • In September of last year CG_carrie specifically said they were making changes to platoons and cutting down the duplicate requirements to make it a more random roll.
  • Hekalatos
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Liath wrote: »

This is the same basis on which people argue that credit heist isn’t random because 2.5m is the most likely outcome. It is random. It just doesn’t have an equal distribution for all options.

Fair point.

Does not however make it any less frustrating because credit heist does not require p2p toons or somehow create a wall you can't pass because we don't need to spend a thousand dollars per guild to complete the platoons to give you a shot at thr top tier rewards.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Sadly every mode of the game seems to have some bad aspect to it (some worse than others). For TB that is platoons, I guess that is their way of claiming players are using more of their rosters and that TB is a "living" battlefield. Platoons are just horrid waste and I hope they learn from this and don't bring it into TW's like they suggested.
  • Hekalatos wrote: »
    Can we please stop pretending platoons are "random? If CG is truly trying communicate better it starts with telling the truth.

It is obvious to anyone who actually looks at the platoons this is not the case. Platoons 3 and 4 are COMPLETELY empire, weighted heavily towards death trooper and shore trooper.

The rest of the platoons are weighted towards either more powerful or new expensive toons. Nearly every territory requires more p2p toons than say...First order, or seperatist COMBINED.

This is absolutely ridiculous and insulting to the player base to continuously say the platoons are "random." With that said, just stating "we pick the most popular/expensive for platoons, sorry about your luck" is not good enough for a company with as poor a track record for PR as EA currently has.

Every word of this post is the truth. Totally agree.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Sadly every mode of the game seems to have some bad aspect to it...

3mat00i6sl8s.png

• Please defer to the stickied thread that announces the required characters for platoons in the first three phases. Those phases are ones that people can grind and farm for on a F2P basis. Everything after that, phases 4-6, are subject to require characters that are fresher to the game, including the most recently released ones, and requiring them at a higher star level than attainable through marquee events (P2P, or referred to as the Pay Wall, which is a choice).
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I don't know what is worst:
    A: Paywall on some to be in platoons
    B: IPD, Wampa, H Yoda, ROLO, GK, even Raid Han being in platoons knowing at least 95% of user base doesn't have these toons
    C: Can not use those toons in combat missions, so that shiny new toon is just frozen in carbonate.
    D: Knowing that some toons are lower tier, as they admit, and being forced to battle with them because all the useful toons are needed for platoon. Mob Enforcer gets more use in combat missions in DSTB than Death Trooper because of platoon weights.
  • Perfxion wrote: »
    I don't know what is worst:
    A: Paywall on some to be in platoons
    B: IPD, Wampa, H Yoda, ROLO, GK, even Raid Han being in platoons knowing at least 95% of user base doesn't have these toons
    C: Can not use those toons in combat missions, so that shiny new toon is just frozen in carbonate.
    D: Knowing that some toons are lower tier, as they admit, and being forced to battle with them because all the useful toons are needed for platoon. Mob Enforcer gets more use in combat missions in DSTB than Death Trooper because of platoon weights.

Oh no, I'm frozen in....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ90J3alJB7UXIyXp9j9TG9zl5rVDuD1CPS1DG0is5U2saYIBk

While I understand the frustration - TB is current end game content, and if you don't have GK, ROLO, or Raid Han unlocked yet...you're probably shouldn't be expecting to three star the back half of the TB map. I'm in a 110 GP guild and we're 2-starring territories in Phase 3 in DS TB. It's ok, gives us all more to work towards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    stop pretending ... you know what "random" means?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    stop pretending ... you what "random" means?

Random words forming a partial sentence?

;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Han is 40+ million GP guild dependent, GK is 80+ million guild dependent. You can have a good roster, but the rest of your guild is in the XX0,000 range than you might not have either of them(or at least only at 5 stars).

ROLO and IPD can get you shards once a month. Even in higher guilds, the rate to unlock them is painfully slow. ROLO is easier to get than IPD. The event is easier and Hoth Han was as an easier farm than Starck until they made him his own spot in the guild store.

I get its end game content, but there are flaws in it. DS works off of debuffs that get cleansed so easily. The most useful troopers are always needed for platoons, even on missions where they are required. Bounty Hunters not having reworks, or newer toons added due to power creep is even funnier. Making that hard choice between Cad, Geedo, and Mob Enforcer to level up because there are so few hunters in the game.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    ROLO and IPD aren’t in platoons.
  • I have seen an IPD once and a ROLO once.