Being removed before rewards.

Darthogan
60 posts Member
edited February 2018
Hello,
I was in a guild when the war started and contributed every day with every mission. I was in the top 10-15 for the whole guild and somehow the guild leader kicked me out of the guild just before the rewards were given. I spent a lot of time and energy and real money to keep up. How can this be stopped and how can I get the rewards I deserve. It is 6 days of commitment and gone to waste. I opened a support ticket but I they offered was 200 crystals. These kind of behavior wrecks the experience. These guys should not be guild leaders and must be banned from the game. I tried to contact him but he said that I do not have CLS. this is not an excuse to kick me out at the end of the war before rewards. I asked and found out that they did not even had a replacement. How can I get my reward?
more importantly, what mechanism will be added to the game so that we won`t be bullied like this.
Thank you.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Guilds can kick anyone for any reason.

I honestly hope you don't experience actual harassment and bullying someday...'cause this ain't it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I honestly hope you don't experience actual harassment and bullying someday...'cause this ain't it.

I agree with this ^.
    I gotta say though, the guild leader is a .... for kicking you before you were able to claim the rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I am so confused by the title of this thread.
  • If owning CLS is the requirement to be in that guild then obviously the leaders have a right to kick you out.
    And they can’t replace you because no one can join in a TB after it has started.
    If you’re asking that the Guild Leader get banned for exercising his rights, then might as well ask that you get banned for not meeting the Guild minimum requirements???
  • It’s a part of the game. It’s absolutely not harassment or bullying.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    If owning CLS is the requirement to be in that guild then obviously the leaders have a right to kick you out.
    And they can’t replace you because no one can join in a TB after it has started.
    If you’re asking that the Guild Leader get banned for exercising his rights, then might as well ask that you get banned for not meeting the Guild minimum requirements???

first of all, they kept me for a few weeks being aware of my roster before this decision and suddenly just before the awards the leader decided to kick me out. He could have waited 1-2 hours , all the battles were finalized. I do not think guild leaders should be rude. I formed and led a top guild for a long time. Members who do not contribute in battles/raids and who are non responsive can surely be kicked out after a warning.

this is 6 days of commitment + the time passes in which we can not enter raids or battles while joining a new guild makes almost 2 weeks of no awards. Being a leader is a responsibility. I am not sharing his name or the guild name but it is sad to see that consensus thinks that leader are like evil gods. This will harm the game and the community.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is no way to prevent someone from being a guild leader.

The best advice you can get is to move on and find a better guild and dont worry about people who will make decisions like this.
  • darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Obvious question:

What did you do or not do to get kicked out?
  • Yeah you should still get those rewards since yo7 contributed, or at the very least, the GP you put in is subtracted from their total or something.

Guild leaders shouldn't hold all the power, needs to be a check somewhere...
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.

Yes, a guild leader can kick anyone for any reason, and for the most part there is no problem with that. So the OP didn't have CLS and obviously that is a requirement for this particular guild. No issues so far.

However, the problem comes when the OP is kicked just before rewards. EA could easily stop something like this, and they should, and it's especially important when the player being kicked has spent real money.

• I will agree that it was pretty crummy to kick him right before rewards for the reason he is describing

However in some cases I agree with kicking people before rewards. In my guild we are very strict about our 24 hour 0 damage rule. We accept randoms so when people break the rules we reach out to them in chat. If they respond and explain we talk and get it addressed. If not they get booted before the raid opens for damage. Personally I think this is fair I don't care if it's day 1 or 6 of the territory battle, people who break the rules don't deserve the rewards.

Again I want to say what happened to the OP sucks it should not have gone down like that. However there are legitimate reasons to boot someone regardless of how close it is to a reward being given out, and I don't want to see people who can't play nice with a guild getting rewarded for their actions.

On a separate note to the Op: If you formed and led a top guild why leave and go to an uncertain environment that even puts you in a position like this? Not judging just curious
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    We've never kicked anyone unless they hadn't done anything for those 6 days, and then one guy but it was his second time not understanding basic raid rules. From half decent people and my own experience - usually someone does something to get kicked like that.

That said - I don't think it's entirely uncalled for to let someone who contributed through all 6 phases to get their rewards - even if kicked.

It probably doesn't happen enough to put it on the devs list, a lot of us are in established guilds with no issue like this, but still, it'd be the cool thing for the game to check that anyone in this position still gets rewards for a week of work.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • That is awful OP, sad to hear about it. Best advice is find a guild that is accepting of everyone and give it your all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Xoulrath wrote: »
    However, the problem comes when the OP is kicked just before rewards. EA could easily stop something like this, and they should, and it's especially important when the player being kicked has spent real money.

Just to play devils advocate.

lets say they make it a can't be kicked 24 hours before the end of the TB. - if they are going to kick you then they just do it 24 hours earlier. same result.

ok move it back further. same result, and can never get rewards because you can't enter a guild after the start to get rewards.

this leads to can't be kicked for the whole TB...... that is a pretty bad idea. then someone can choose to hit raids early, or flake off completely, or just generally speaking violate any rules without fear.

There is no easy solution, there is no simple solution. The best idea if for the players to be vigilant of who they join with. Gotta protect yourself.

on the last point there, that shouldn't matter. Everyone who plays this game is important to the fabric of the game regardless if they spend money.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.

Yes, a guild leader can kick anyone for any reason, and for the most part there is no problem with that. So the OP didn't have CLS and obviously that is a requirement for this particular guild. No issues so far.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's how it is currently.

And even if it's not right, it's still not harassment and bullying.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If you make it to phase six, the last 24 hours of the TB, you should not be kicked. Or if you are, you still get the rewards earned. That is a simple coding fix and this game can definitely track that information.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Yeah you should still get those rewards since yo7 contributed, or at the very least, the GP you put in is subtracted from their total or something.

Guild leaders shouldn't hold all the power, needs to be a check somewhere...

Yep. But mate it ain’t bullyin or harassment.

• Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

lets say they make it a can't be kicked 24 hours before the end of the TB. - if they are going to kick you then they just do it 24 hours earlier. same result.

ok move it back further. same result, and can never get rewards because you can't enter a guild after the start to get rewards.

this leads to can't be kicked for the whole TB...... that is a pretty bad idea. then someone can choose to hit raids early, or flake off completely, or just generally speaking violate any rules without fear.

There is no easy solution, there is no simple solution. The best idea if for the players to be vigilant of who they join with. Gotta protect yourself.

on the last point there, that shouldn't matter. Everyone who plays this game is important to the fabric of the game regardless if they spend money.

I guess u missed the suggestion of getting rewards even after getting kicked out... Lol guess u didn't have an answer for that one huh? Can't give guild leaders all the power. Even if he was kicked for a legitimate reason, if I spent 6 days doing a TB and get no rewards that's pretty messed up.... Why can't they lock the 50 players in and regardless if still in guild or not those 50 get rewards. Seems like I found the fix!
  • W
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I guess u missed the suggestion of getting rewards even after getting kicked out... Lol guess u didn't have an answer for that one huh? Can't give guild leaders all the power. Even if he was kicked for a legitimate reason, if I spent 6 days doing a TB and get no rewards that's pretty messed up.... Why can't they lock the 50 players in and regardless if still in guild or not those 50 get rewards. Seems like I found the fix!

Doesn't really work,

Pretty sure guild leaders do have the power, it is their guild after all. The point your missing is, if you don't like it, then leave and find somewhere you like better.
  • "I formed and led a top guild for a long time"
    "they kept me for a few weeks"
    "I do not have CLS"
    What happend with your top guild, you was leading for a long time?
    You joined a new guild for a few weeks and then they kicked you out for not having CLS. Was there no talking about targets, before you joined? Did never a offi talk to you during the few weeks?
    With out the missing parts, my guess is, that you joined a guild between hRancor and still aat, getting ready for haat. Thats why they wanted more CLS in the Team, which you did not have.
    To get kicked out during an ongoing raid, is the last option an offi has.
    Kick can be done:
    By mistake - offi error
    No extra reason - offi should know better(would not have this thread)
    With extra reason - you broke a rule and was kicked out not only for not having CLS

Hearing only your side. Tell the person, that it was not very nice from him. Exiting and Entering a guild are very importened tasks.
    Take the 200crystal, offered by the support and find an other guild. Talk to the offis. Ask actively what you can do better. Comunication is A and O. Enjoy!
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    In our guild people may be kicked before rewards. There is pretty much a 3 strikes policy and almost all of those either do not get on discord or don't appear to read chat or other in game instructions. Don't hit raids early, contribute in TB (even if strapped for time just troop dump - some people manage to be on line and still not do that), if you sign up for TW then participate. Fail those things and you don't deserve rewards.

Nobody has been kicked for not having a certain character. People are encouraged to go for certain things, either for raids or TB battles, nobody has been kicked for not doing so. Still, it is guild leader's decision. Even if people were going to mandate that sort of thing then kicking just before rewards would be rather unreasonable though in the cases above would be pretty much when you would expect to be kicked.
  • I got kicked at the end of TW. No cause, just a week of work for nothing. There should be a protocol in place to protect the player. At least something for all the effort. This, I agreed, is bullying. There's no excuse. If you last to the end you get the rewards even if kicked. There is no legitimate reason to kick someone just at the end other than to harassment.
    Guilds should be penalized for this. Most of them are bringing on other players.
    One way to stop this is to break up "farm guilds." This isn't the first time I got the boot to swap out for a farm member. If they have farm teams they shouldn't be able to recruit.
    Block the greater guild except their farm guilds, and only they can recruit. If they repeat this practice they should not be able to bring on new members for a month.
  • Bjpac04 wrote: »

Bipac...there is a major flaw in this theory.
    What if you joined a guild just before TB and did NOTHING for 6 days so you got kicked.
    Are you still entitled to those rewards? (That you very obviously did not earn?)

This situation sucks, and we had an officer accidentally kick a member before rewards were out once. We talked to the guy and apologized, but what was done was done. He didn't participate hardly at all and didnt follow rules so at the end of the day he didn't deserve the rewards regardless. We were just trying to be nice to let him have them.

We kick people (randoms if we ever pick one up usually) before HAAT or HPit raids are done if they dont follow rules etc. If everyone who participated in a guild event got rewards no matter if they were still in guild or not, why would you bother to have rules? There would be no way to enforce them (really isn't currently other than kicking people..hint hint)
    And then what would you do if you joined a guild doing T6 Sith raid, takes them too long so you join a diff guild, and then you get rewards still when the original guild finishes the Sith raid PLUS the new guild finishes even though you have not helped the original guild to complete the objective? How do you justify deserving those rewards?

Again, situation sucks. Find a better guild, but stuff like this happens often. OP had bad RNG and this game is full of that, people are the same. Move on and find a guild that fits you and your roster better. If that guild is always like that its probably toxic and wont last very long anyways.

• Grommit wrote: »
    And then what would you do if you joined a guild doing T6 Sith raid, takes them too long so you join a diff guild, and then you get rewards still when the original guild finishes the Sith raid PLUS the new guild finishes even though you have not helped the original guild to complete the objective? How do you justify deserving those rewards?

Devil's Advocate time.

Problem with this is you get rewards in raids based on your contribution to said raid. So if someone did enough damage in the raid to finish 25th, then why wouldn't they deserve to get rewards for their contributions as they did indeed help the original guild complete the objective because once they are booted or leave the guild in your example it is not like all the damage they previously did in the raid is added back into the raid bosses health. How can you justify said player not getting rewards for their contribution without removing said contribution from the task?

TB and TW are much different as the rewards are sharing across the guild. BUT, let's say someone leaves/gets booted after day 3 of a TB and that person is a 1.7Mil GP player and your guild only barely got some stars by like 500K because said player's GP pushed them over the hump. Do you then roll those stars back because the guild didn't earn them without the contribution of said player. What if said player beat 6 squads in the TW and had 4 more on defense? Does the guild lose those banners?

It seems to me that if the system is going to be fair to both the guild and the player, then if the player does not get rewards then their contribution to the guild event should be rolled back. Why should the guild benefit from the players contribution if the player does not?
  • DLT19
    12 posts Member
    Its a rather difficult issue. If you adapt the guild rewards it can be abused. The only way is to simply give the player a reward based on his participation.

Stand up and move on.
  • Lol... 2 guilds later.
    This is now 3 guilds and approx 150ish members. I've been removed from 2 guilds in a row because I've given them suggestions to improve their guild overall especially in the communication aspect.
    Both times they waited until just before the end of tb battle and kicked me.

(To clarify its 2 different guilds)
  • At this point kicking a player needs to be a vote.
    Not a "I am the Senate" thing.
    IVE FOUND THE SOLUTION
  • If I was running a guild I'd boot between events starting, if I were to be booting for arbitrary reasons at all.

At least the guild leader in question feels rightly terrible about the affair.

I'm playing a videogame with a finite lifespan, not rushing what I do for somebody else.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF