Phase 4 ship zone strategy

We're probably late to the party on this, but our guild did something different in phase 4 this time round. Even if one other guild can learn from it that would be great.

We've got 45/50 with 5* or better Chimaera, but in previous DS TB we've not had much success in the special mission because people left themselves shorthanded after the regular combat mission and couldn't clear it.

So this time we turned it on its head. We locked the combat mission completely and asked all 45 to hit the special instead, making it their priority. One didn't make it because he wanted to keep some stuff back for the combat mission later, but otherwise it was a clean sweep.

We've got 43M ship GP so plenty to 3* the zone without worrying about the combat mission. And now we're getting 880 GE tokens on top of that.

TLDR: Do the special first. If your GP is high enough it's not an issue to be short handed in the regular combat mission.

Replies

• Genius. I love it. I will be passing this on to my guild mates for future strategizing. Solid work on the math and taking the risk to experiment!
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • No problem. Since I knew our ship GP > 3* requirement it wasn't really a risk!
  • We never had that problem. The problem we have is having enough DS ships for 2 combats AND filling platoons....