Top Ship: Controlling the board

What are the top 3 ships that are able to keep the tide of battle on your terms and why

idk why i m doing this

Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    idk why i m doing this

ydk why ur askin?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TIE Reaper, Imperial TIE Fighter, and your call for third. Could be TIE Advanced x1, Poe's X-Wing, Scimitar, Slave 1, or FO TIE. Maybe even a U-Wing.

Edit: Biggs' X-wing. Can't believe I forgot that one. He's probably the third, or tied with TIE Advanced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Reaper - reduces opponent capital ship TM.
    TFP - gives your capital ship TM.
    Bistan U-wing - very fast reliable TL.
    Biggs - taunt and protection gain.

Maul - not in first 5, after Biggs is gone can help protect everyone

Counters to TFP
    Vader - unavoidable attack and irresistible TL
    Poe - unavoidable special attack
  • In my opinion, my top 3 ships are:
    Biggs (taunt and protection regen on target lock) Protects my team while I get my attacks set up
    Vader (unavoidable target lock and dispel) Can easily take out enemy TFP and constantly lays down TL
    TFP (dodge chance is insane and can provide TL) He's my fastest ship and I consider him to be point man. Every move I make after his is dependent on if he gets TL or not
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    1. First Order TIE. Turnmeter gain when a target-locked enemy is hit. So it gets roughly 1.5x~2x more turns than others. Cooldown is reset whenever FO TIE hits a target locked ship. Basic hits twice and can target lock.

2. TIE Advanced. 100% Target lock. 100% hit on Imperial TIE. Enemies can't get rid of target lock while this ship is present.
    Weakness: Has tenacity of 15%. Easiest ship to be target-locked.

3. Biggs' X-Wing. Taunt & Protection when enemy is target-locked. Basic can target lock.

4. TIE Reaper. Enemy capital ship loses 35% turnmeter when an enemy or ally ship gets wrecked. Special removes buff.

5. Imperial TIE. The only ship that has evasion chance higher than 2%. Also the fastest ship among those that can target-lock enemies. Capital ship gains 15% (14% without ship omega, which is normally impossible to get) turnmeter when this ship evades. Empire Capital ships gain double that turnmeter. Gains foresight with special ability.
    Weakness: Has no protection.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    3. Biggs' X-Wing...Basic can target lock.

That just sounds like a rumor. ;)
  • TVF wrote: »

I know it does target lock but I can't remember the last time I saw it happen.

Mine did today and I almost had a heartattack
  • Notorious biggie
    Tai dodger
    Vaders satisfaction guarantee
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • As a gr user
    Plo, aoe tm and taunt for any ally
    rex, tl, aoe prot regen when resisting debuffs and prot+tm
    5s, dispel and tl
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Fahrius wrote: »
    As a gr user

Wht.
    As a gr user

Wht.

Galactic republic
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
    As a gr user

Wht.

Galactic Republic... seriously, people need to stop with the acronyms. I saw Poe abbreviated PD. I wanted to punch someone after that.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    As a gr user

Wht.

Galactic republic

I see my attempt at getting you to type two full words succeeded!
  • The four TIE's (First Order, Vader, Imperial, Reaper) + Biggs seems to be the standard meta lineup, with Scimitar first off the bench. You'll see some other ships sprinkled in every now and then like Fives and Boba.
  • My guess there are a lot of potential lineups that could do great work. Just one example I've theory crafted is a Ghost, Phantom, Cassian, Bistan, Biggs under AA with Geo Spy as 1st reinforcement. However, this has been hard to test since I don't have any of the pilots geared to be arena worthy in my shard. My guess is that there are a lot more potential great lineups it there, but nobody wants to farm toons specifically for ships.

The only ship not mentioned so far that I can recommend from experience is resistance xwing - reliable TL, daze on special, constant exposes. Fantastic, underestimated ship.

• 2. TIE Advanced.
    I literally just found that out last week! Been playing since ships first came out!
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Mine did today and I almost had a heartattack

It only happens on a crit, which is rare.
  • Hi everyone! I m a level 62 player and i want to focus on ships but i can t find too much guides or meta snapshot on the web....so my team is executrix lead imperial tie fo tie biggs tie silencer and phantom II, i m planning on unlock ghost because phoenix are my best pilots...i think that i need a support (tie reaper is impossible for me now) or a second tank so i think about fives ship bistan or scimitar! Any advice?
  • Beran wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I m a level 62 player and i want to focus on ships but i can t find too much guides or meta snapshot on the web....so my team is executrix lead imperial tie fo tie biggs tie silencer and phantom II, i m planning on unlock ghost because phoenix are my best pilots...i think that i need a support (tie reaper is impossible for me now) or a second tank so i think about fives ship bistan or scimitar! Any advice?

GOOD. I would swap phantom with vader tie and use the scimitar as 1st reinforcement. (Left spot) phoenix can go to 2nd and 3rd spot for reinforcement
  • Beran wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I m a level 62 player and i want to focus on ships but i can t find too much guides or meta snapshot on the web....so my team is executrix lead imperial tie fo tie biggs tie silencer and phantom II, i m planning on unlock ghost because phoenix are my best pilots...i think that i need a support (tie reaper is impossible for me now) or a second tank so i think about fives ship bistan or scimitar! Any advice?

GOOD. I would swap phantom with vader tie and use the scimitar as 1st reinforcement. (Left spot) phoenix can go to 2nd and 3rd spot for reinforcement

So full attackers and biggs? No support ship except scimitar from reinforcement?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Beran wrote: »
    Beran wrote: »

So full attackers and biggs? No support ship except scimitar from reinforcement?
    Attacker/Tank/Support role classifications is nothing really. Chopper is a support, Nihilus is a support, Jedi Rey is a tank, Teebo is a tank, Pao is an attacker.

I would say Vader ship is more like a support, that is crucially synergistic with your lineup

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Damodamo wrote: »

2. TIE Advanced.
    I literally just found that out last week! Been playing since ships first came out!

I never even thought to look at this. So of course, I go in and do a fleet battle and target Tie Advanced with ITF on the first shot. TL is resisted.... RNGsus hates me. I also somehow missed that Poe's special attack is unavoidable.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'd definitely consider Tie Adv support rather than attacker, despite it being tagged as an attacker in-game. With that said the classifications only matter for buffs/debuffs that do things specific to that classification.
  • FOSFTF is a strong ship or it is not worth of crafting?