Ideal speed for arena run shoretrooper

My shoretrooper sits in the 150s speed with 80,000 protection,40,000 health,Ive been farming health/speed mods all week and havent seen a speed secondary in forever,however I could cripple his health/protection and bump up his speed near 200,I know he can take a beating now,is it worth the sacrafice?I can run any faction in arena but Im trying my hardest to run an EP lead team bc my shard is NS team driven at the top and I dont want to make that switch.

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Shore is better to be fast than slow. I would bump it upto as far as I can, using Defense sets and Health sets. I would use Health primary mods rather than protection.
  • Options
    Shore trooper is one of those tanks that actually can use speed to his advantage. That being said, it being a tank that taunts means you have to toe a fine line between speed and Heath/protection. I would get it’s speed to roughly 160s maybe low 170s but not any higher if that means sacrificing health or protection. Shoretrooper is notorious to getting low Heath and suddenly regenerating to full health so use that to you advantage.
  • Options
    Shore is better to be fast than slow. I would bump it upto as far as I can, using Defense sets and Health sets. I would use Health primary mods rather than protection.

If you're primarily facing nightsisters, don't go with health primaries. It's just a waste, and can be detrimental to you.
  • Options
    If your shoretrooper has 80k protection and 40k health, there are probably less nightsister teams in your shard since nightsisters can get ripped apart with meta teams.

I’m assuming a gear 10+ shoretrooper, 7 starred, and level 85? Else I don’t see how 80k protection is possible for lower geared shoretrooper
  • Options
    I got him to 175 spd,still has 80,000 prot and his health is at 36,000 now..my shore is gear 12,had a health mod on a lesser toon with a 14 plus speed sexondary,23.5 protection primary.I just looked at my leaderboard and did it turn,top 20 is now mostly EP leads,the nightsisters have vanished with 2,3 remaining,Luke,Kenobi leads are gone,and Rey teams troll the 20-30 range,im sitting at 28 now.
  • Options
    That’s what I thought. Good job getting Shoretrooper man. Working on Baze myself and it’s one heck of a grind (81/100).
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    Shoretrooper is much better faster with less protection than slower with more protection and i have him at 205 speed with speed set and speed arrow. But context of the team You play is important. I play duo tanks with Storm so I use to play with protection only on circle and cross. He has 50k protection and g11. He has enough health and prot. Important is to have his taunt fast for crit imunity for team. And health regeneration. I cannot gain good mods with speed on cross and triangle for him couse he would be faster.
  • Options
    Ideally you should be using a speed arrow and all protection otherwise. All health sets. This is what I run.

Ends up at about 80k protection 40k health and 220 speed.
  • Options
    I have mine pretty slow, since I run Thrawn lead. If he gets dispelled, Thrawn just cleanses him and gives him a turn to re-apply taunt. Not many teams have more than one dispel.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Save water, drink champagne!