Let us change the timezone

I started the game in CT. Now I’m in PT. With daylight savings, I’m now 3 hours behind. So arena payouts are at 3:00 for me, which is really inconvenient. I can’t do arena before the payout and I always drop ranks before payout. I have been playing for 6 months and I will not restart. Can a feature be added that detects the timezone and lets us change the timezone?

Replies

• Options
    Nope, they won't do anything for timezones, no matter what the reason or who asks
  • Options
    The main reason not to let someone change the timezone is that they could do so repeatedly to take advantage of payout times. Why not just make them ineligible for time-related prizes for 24 hours after a time zone change? Personally, I think being able to decide when your arena payouts, etc are would be very convenient.
  • Options
    I get why you can't change your payout time, but that doesn't mean I don't wish there was a way to do it fairly--I'd get off work at my previous job at 2:30pm and payout was at 6:00pm (or 7:00pm, depending on daylight saving) so I had no problems until starting my current job, which doesn't get off until 6:00 and I don't get home from my commute until 7:00. The last hour is crunch time, so no breaks--meaning no chance to do arena battles when it matters.

I have to say, I really appreciate how Marvel Puzzle Quest handled it now. PvP was multi-week seasons, and you would pick your payout time at the start of each season/event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I get why you can't change your payout time, but that doesn't mean I don't wish there was a way to do it fairly--I'd get off work at my previous job at 2:30pm and payout was at 6:00pm (or 7:00pm, depending on daylight saving) so I had no problems until starting my current job, which doesn't get off until 6:00 and I don't get home from my commute until 7:00. The last hour is crunch time, so no breaks--meaning no chance to do arena battles when it matters.

I have to say, I really appreciate how Marvel Puzzle Quest handled it now. PvP was multi-week seasons, and you would pick your payout time at the start of each season/event.

Sounds nice but the issue there is overloading certain timezones, potentially leading to a rise of sniping.
  • Options
    It’s ridiculous that players can’t change their timezone. There is so much concern about how this would affect the arena, all of which is unfounded. There are so many simple mechanisms that could be put into place to keep timezone changing from bring abused. I wish this greatly needed QOL feature would get more attention from the community.
  • Options
    I agree this is a much needed feature. In fact, I sent in a support ticket a few days ago to see if they could do it for me but alas... nope. They need to realized that if a payout time conflicts with real-life, eventually, those people are going to stop playing/paying.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Should've thought about that before taking the job.
  • Options
    Yeah, I keep seeing this, completely agree, is pretty annoying when you go on holiday over a couple of timezones. Even worse if you move half way across the world. They could block any changes for 48 hours after a change and do something like stop the claiming of something again within 24 hours to prevent abuse. Huge issue for anyone who moves timezone, I also sent in a ticket and they just ignored it and closed the ticket. Poor show indeed.
  • Options
    I've always had a problem with this game's unwillingness (or inability, which would just be pathetic) to adjust for time changes. Daylight Savings is a prime example of this.
    HOWEVER, while I was a proponent of being able to change your payout times (submit a ticket, 24 hour period with no rewards, and this can only be done like twice a year), I've now realized this could easily be manipulated. What's to stop someone from changing their payout to a time where they don't have to compete/share with anyone?
    Now if anyone can think of a way to avoid such manipulation, I'm all for it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Timezone would be based on location, they wouldn't get to change it themselves. They would be allowed to remain at their current timezone for a reasonable time to allow people who don't want to change over a holiday to remain on their current time zone.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Payout time is a very tricky issue. I would love to have the luxury of choosing a very inactive payout so i could get 1 every day like some people have the luxury of. But, this is so easily open to abuse I understand why we can't change it.
  • Options
    What are the specific unmitigatable concerns about payouts that people keep bringing up? There is this vague uneasiness that allowing people to change time zones will mess with the arena, but my belief is that these are all easily dealt with. For example, make it cost crystals. Limit the number of times a year you can switch. Lock you out of arena for X days once you switch. Most top players are in shard chats, and it’s easy enough for them to organize accordingly if changes are made.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Payout time is a very tricky issue. I would love to have the luxury of choosing a very inactive payout so i could get 1 every day like some people have the luxury of. But, this is so easily open to abuse I understand why we can't change it.

Actually if they put in a some measurement to prevent people for jumping timezones constantly, like 3 month before you can do it again or/and 5000 crystals, I think it would even out the combatants in different time zones, as it is now there are heavy times, with over 20% of the shard fighting at the same times, on same shards you can find some who are the only ones on their PO
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Agree with Ztyle, if people did want to change to something other than their actual timezone for payout reasons, it would actually help to balance out the the arena and make it more competitive and evenly distributed.
  • Options
    Agree with Ztyle, if people did want to change to something other than their actual timezone for payout reasons, it would actually help to balance out the the arena and make it more competitive and evenly distributed.

EA doesn't want evenly distributed. They want crowded payouts so people are spending crystals on refreshes, and people earning less crystals overall, increasing the chances that they'll spend $$$.
    As President of the Tin Foil Hat Club, I've long suspected that this is why the arena refresh mechanism is complete garbage. I spent 30 minutes on Friday refreshing so I could hit 8 from 13. However, most people won't have the patience. They'll settle for 9 or 10, and ultimately have to spend more battles, increasing their chance of having to spend a refresh to keep moving up.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    well, another update and still no fix for people moving time zones, not good
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Of course not. No one said it was coming and it's not coming.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH