Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• Those TW banner changes, whatever reason you're doing them, it's not tie breaking that's for sure. They CERTAINLY aren't a Quality of Life increase. Please reconsider them. TW is my favorite game mode and you are unnecessarily complicating it and making it revolting and tedious.

These banner changers are not a quality of life increase, they are a sharp decrease. Please do not implement them. Leave TW alone.
  • Calm down everyone. You can favorite a character that’s not activated now!
  • RuFiOHHHHH wrote: »
    Ever since TW came out it's been far and away the best mode in the game. This update will severely hurt the fun of TW offense. I'm in a top tier guild that has had only three ties - once on the first war and twice against guilds who placed absolutely no defense. At this point ties only happen if one guild intentionally forces a tie. This would be easy to resolve by having a simple tiebreaker of whichever guild placed more GP on defense. Then nobody would ignore defense completely and the problem would be solved.

This on the other hand RUINS the fun of tw, the only mode where my less useful characters finally had a purpose. I could run two g9 squads against a weak defense, break it down and be able to contribute to the guild. Now I have to put everything but the absolute best units back on the shelf because if you don't kill a squad with 5 units left standing you're hurting your team. This also punishes guilds who have weaker players and will lead to more infighting in guilds for people who lose their attacks.

How did this terrible idea get put in play? Less fun, more arguing?

Agreed. Horrible idea. TW was fun how it was. This change is for the worse.

Also, my borderline OCD tendencies make me always put melee characters up front. Now the game is going to automatically rearrange my team positions. Why? I'm smart enough to put them where "I" want them.

Anti-QoL update.
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    No mod management, nothing to ease the gear and material crunch, no changes to any shipments? New challenge levels? Guild sandbox? Challenge gear left in raids?

So, filters, sims, and changing how Territory Wars works, basically. This is the "highly anticipated" QoL update.

Hm.
  • Wait,if we can sim GW,what if we engage in battle and retreat because we cant win that battle,can we still sim that battle?GW is really good for trying strategies,I wish this game has practice mode between our guildmates and allies,for me that would be real QoL...
  • Wait,if we can sim GW,what if we engage in battle and retreat because we cant win that battle,can we still sim that battle?GW is really good for trying strategies,I wish this game has practice mode between our guildmates and allies,for me that would be real QoL...

If you've been playing GW for 5 months (150 wins) you shouldn't face any teams you can't beat since the GW nerf
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
    Ever since TW came out it's been far and away the best mode in the game. This update will severely hurt the fun of TW offense. I'm in a top tier guild that has had only three ties - once on the first war and twice against guilds who placed absolutely no defense. At this point ties only happen if one guild intentionally forces a tie. This would be easy to resolve by having a simple tiebreaker of whichever guild placed more GP on defense. Then nobody would ignore defense completely and the problem would be solved.

This on the other hand RUINS the fun of tw, the only mode where my less useful characters finally had a purpose. I could run two g9 squads against a weak defense, break it down and be able to contribute to the guild. Now I have to put everything but the absolute best units back on the shelf because if you don't kill a squad with 5 units left standing you're hurting your team. This also punishes guilds who have weaker players and will lead to more infighting in guilds for people who lose their attacks.

Couldn't agree more with this post! I thought CG/EA advertised TW as the mode that you will get to use your WHOLE roster, now this is going to lead to way more organising, calculating and just drain any enjoyment out of TW! Also penalises guilds that aren't as strict on every member needs to "x" GP. We have a huge range of GP in our guild but over 80mill so against competitive guilds now our lower level members will be scared to hit so they don't cause arguments and fighting in chat. Please put out JUST a simple solution for breaking ties like this post suggests and leave the scoring alone.
  • @jpierrard17 especially since only a handful of guilds tied more than once. But I guess they complained loud enough, and as they say "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". . That and they spend an enormous amount. Wouldn't be the first time 1 top guild changed the game for everyone because they complained though
  • @FierceRevan funny enough for some that's not true. We have 2 members in our guild around 1.4mill GP and a few lengends but nothing crazy and they both have been getting Rjt resistance with full g12 gear and crazy speed on mods they can't beat. However I'm much higher GP and now never even see g10/11 in GW. Something seems off
  • Ace0187420 wrote: »
    Mod management has to be the most requested QOL update wanted and we don't get it? Hey you can sort by text? Who cares it takes longer to type than to scroll. Definitely could of been better.

No sweat. It ll come. The 600 tracker is fixed now-so in about 2 years we ll better manage mods.

If you've been playing GW for 5 months (150 wins) you shouldn't face any teams you can't beat since the GW nerf

Oh yeah,you right :D Im 76th lvl and I end GW in like 99% of the time...I still wouldnt sim it,GW serves me for practice anyway and hey,GW is actually playing the game...
  • @FierceRevan lol yes so true
  • Decent updates especially with tw. No shop changes mentioned tho an tht is one thing id like to see. Most players with atleast a year n game now has all chars in all stores finished an at this point is only buyin shards to convert in shard shop. Helpful but be better if more chars were available to buy. Gw store,cantina store,an arena store all need updated. Im not gonna mention the other things u guys left off cuz my fellow players have already mentioned them in the above post. Pls tell us tht this is just a short list?

I will quote it because it warrants repeating. This is not a good change for the reasons listed.

The old system was good because you could whittle down teams, you could use your whole squad, weaker players could also contribute and the amount of coordination was manageable. Now beating a team gives only 5 of possible 20 banners. To max performance will place a massive burden of coordinating attacks on officers especially for international guilds with different time zones.

To quote again: less fun more arguing. Not good. Please reconside given that ties only impacted a very small amount of TWs..

If you want to award bonus banners then why not simply using them only if there is a tie to break and otherwise ignore them. Keep the system as it is and if there is a tie under the current system then the team with more bonus banners wins
  • rus_swgoh
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The players wanted to see one thing, but they got something different. The most nasty interface problems will not be solved ...

ECOcD0A.gif

But still I want to thank the developers. The update should be good.
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • @FierceRevan funny enough for some that's not true. We have 2 members in our guild around 1.4mill GP and a few lengends but nothing crazy and they both have been getting Rjt resistance with full g12 gear and crazy speed on mods they can't beat. However I'm much higher GP and now never even see g10/11 in GW. Something seems off

I don't believe it. Nothing is ever broken in this game...

mixedgifs3.gif
  • urtil wrote: »
    RuFiOHHHHH wrote: »

I will quote it because it warrants repeating. This is not a good change for the reasons listed.

The old system was good because you could whittle down teams, you could use your whole squad, weaker players could also contribute and the amount of coordination was manageable. Now beating a team gives only 5 of possible 20 banners. To max performance will place a massive burden of coordinating attacks on officers especially for international guilds with different time zones.

To quote again: less fun more arguing. Not good. Please reconside given that ties only impacted a very small amount of TWs..

If you want to award bonus banners then why not simply using them only if there is a tie to break and otherwise ignore them. Keep the system as it is and if there is a tie under the current system then the team with more bonus banners wins

100% agree. That last paragraph is exactly what they need to impose. Create a system for breaking ties. If there is no tie, CHANGE NOTHING.

This is a horrible QoL update. Just making things worse.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    There are no words.......

Except those four. And these six

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWi5jdgTUJs
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Will this update include traditional farming methods for event characters like Wicket, Talzin, NS Zombie and Spirit? Or shop shuffle?
  • Man what a low effort update.

Ruins TW, mod management STILL not addressed, squad management STILL can’t be accessed without entering the battle screen (put a button on the character screen for crying out loud), chat is still mostly broken, officers can’t update chat banner, no confirmation for squads on TW which is way too final. There’s likely many more I’m forgetting.

I appreciate some of these, but for a much touted QoL update this falls way way flat. So many issues that have been plaguing this game for a long time aren’t being addressed. On top of it, the major change to TW makes it worse
  • 7 star character chat notification?
    Shard shuffle?
    Pretty please?
    Part 2 QOL coming when Kozi is back from vacation?
  • Glad I won't have to deal with GW anymore.

Aside from that - meh.

Then there's TW....

I really don't see how overcomplicating TW is a QOL update, especially when it's claimed only 2% of matches tie to begin with.

I don't want to explain 50 times how the new scoring system works.

I don't want to have to monitor those who pay no attention to chat.

I don't want to have to deal with whining from other guild members if people don't get it.

I don't want to have to do multiple calculations about where we need to hit to either catch up or get x amount of points ahead.

These TW changes are so far removed from being a QOL update. You shouldn't call it QOL because this is the complete opposite.

I'm already dreading TW - how is that QOL?

• This is a horrible QOL update from the TW perspective. The problem with TW isnt the draws (at least at my guilds level I.e. 50m gp). It is the appalling matchmaking services implemented. In the last 5 tws we have faced guilds where their average gp per players is at least 500k higher than ours. However they are brought down into our bracket because only 40 members sign up. Yet the update focuses solely about breaking up ties.

This bit particularly worries me
    "If less than the max units are brought into combat, 1 additional banner is earned for each empty slot. This is so players are not penalized for attacking with fewer than 5 units."

So basically... we will inevitably come up against a bunch of whales who now have the ability to gain bigger bonuses for clearing out of full defensive teams with 1 or 2 toons each time. This is just another nail in the coffin of what is a great concept but absolutely attrociously executed.

• I just want info on the new Sith Raid :s
    But by the way! Thanks for this QoL update
  • I would love to see Co-leader, Why not, helps with Banners etc, but cant delete officers
  • I actually really like the favourite an Unactivited character. Thanks CG!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    This bit particularly worries me
    "If less than the max units are brought into combat, 1 additional banner is earned for each empty slot. This is so players are not penalized for attacking with fewer than 5 units."

So basically... we will inevitably come up against a bunch of whales who now have the ability to gain bigger bonuses for clearing out of full defensive teams with 1 or 2 toons each time. This is just another nail in the coffin of what is a great concept but absolutely attrociously executed.

It's the same banner they would have gotten if they'd included another character in there that had survived the battle.
  • For a qol update it's pretty much bug fixes and rounding things off what should of been done thers no ship gw a way to farm hard to get get toons it's all crystal based which means money money money even bronZium or a market for worthless gear gutted
  • Needlessly changing and overcomplicating TW because it ends in a tie 2% of the time is just insane.

Have the devs not read the forums? People love TW. It's by far the best game mode yet. So their response...... Change it. Smh.
  • Wasn’t mod management mentioned by devs a couple months ago? Anyone else remember something like that?