Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• Bronze multiple pick?
    Arena slider?
    Squad builder W/O having to be in battle?
    Unit group search a banner instead of scrolling?
    You missed a few guys

Coming February 2019. Wish I was joking.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »

PS : No improvement of quality of life if there is no mod management

February 2020 :(
  • Why must we wait until the 28th for the patch? You may or may not have tested all of these "QOL" items. That has never stopped you from pushing a character out early just to correct your own mistake in TB, cough... Sith Marauder... cough... In typical form let client base beta test all of your patches for the next 2 weeks.
  • @CG_Leviathan

please for the love of god let us choose who to battle in arena and remove these 1000s refreshes to jump to the highest rank.
  • This is all good. Thank you. A few things that perhaps I simply missed in reading the QoL update info...

1) sandbox/practice mode vs guildmates arena squads to practice strategies for fun
    2) raid gear payout no longer includes useless salvage pieces from daily challenges
    3) additional daily challenges levels to push the player base with better, more useful gear (TAC Gear Challenge is completely worthless now)
    4) added opportunity to sell worthless excess gear for credits
    5) ability to trade mods in a guild mod exchange
    6) increase limit in guild gear request area from 2 (MKV droid caller for instance) to 5
    7) heroic rancor raid payout fixed so that everyone who solos receives first place rewards (you can’t tell me that someone who ties for first should get less Han Solo shards...in some cases the difference between 10 and 3...because of some random placement). FIX IT!!! I’m tired of finishing 18th or worse when I “tie” for first place. This is laughable and extremely frustrating.
    8) I could go on...just trying to help make the game even greater than it already is. Thank you again!
  • Karek77 wrote: »
    @CG_Leviathan

please for the love of god let us choose who to battle in arena and remove these 1000s refreshes to jump to the highest rank.

+100000000000000000000000 refreshes
  • No mods management no sim for bronzium I'm disappointed again
  • Question: will the bonus for not bringing in a full team for TW apply to reinforcements in the fleet part?

Overall I like the update, in theory. We'll see how it's really like when it rolls.
  • I really really REALLY wish there was a squad button on the main screen so we can edit them without having to go into a battle. Not seeing that in this QoL update just has me disappointed.
  • expectationslead-toeocitement-excitement-leads-to-hype-hype-leads-to-disappointment-13857391.png
  • I find myself to be completely underwhelmed by this. A few changes I couldn’t care less about and one that actually makes the game worse (TW). I get that you can never please everyone but these changes doesn’t seem to be on the most wanted list by anyone.
  • Phat_Midichlorian
    90 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Stay tuned...
  • Stokat wrote: »
    I find myself to be completely underwhelmed by this. A few changes I couldn’t care less about and one that actually makes the game worse (TW). I get that you can never please everyone but these changes doesn’t seem to be on the most wanted list by anyone.

I actually personally really love this in theory.
  • Wow this TW update will complicate this....
  • I hope sith raid comes this week or else this month has certainly been worse than previous February
  • For example, if a player attacks a squad that has not been attacked by any other player, attacks with 5 units, and only loses 2 units, then 18 banners will be earned (5 for win, 10 for first time bonus, and 3 for the surviving units)

What? You guys really thought this was a good idea?

That sounds like it works like this:

Player A attacks Squad B and loses; Player C comes along, later, and takes out Squad B. Player C earns 5 banners for winning and 5 banners for the guild's second attempt against that defense squad and whatever banners he earned for how much of his squad is alive/didn't come along... even though it's Player C's first attack against them.

Rather than:

Player A goes in against Squad B and loses; Player A then comes back with another team and mops up whatever is left of Squad B. He earns 5 banners for winning, and 5 banners for his second attempt, and whichever banners he earned by how much of his team survived. Or: Player A goes in against Squad B and loses; Player C comes along, later, and clears out Squad B. Player C earns 5 banners for winning, 10 for winning on his first attempt, as well as whichever additional banners depending on his team.

I, for one, would certainly prefer the second way I've lined out here (from the sound of things that's not how it works, but it should!), simply because it wouldn't punish entire guilds for a single player with a weaker roster attacking/or someone experimenting with how little they can bring in a fight against an enemy squad. Heck, I love taking in less-than-full squads and experimenting with certain comps and what they can and cannot handle. And now I'll be punished--and be punishing my guild--if I over-estimate my characters, or under-estimate the enemy squad? All that's doing is inviting drama, blame-gaming, micro-managing and discouraging guilds from helping lower level players with weaker rosters; they're actively being punished for it.

It's not very inviting for people to play a game where they are punished for not spending big bucks, or joining the game earlier. Whoever thought this--as it is written--was a good idea should probably get a stern talking to, or even a demotion, in the very least.

All in all, I'm disappointed in this "QoL" update. Some things are okay, some I will probably even use, but largely this is underwhelming/aggravating. I would have liked to see multi-buy for bronze packs; a review period for Territory Battles; a way to track, and not be punished for, unsuccessful attacks in Territory Wars; a better guild chat--that included an officer chat--and better guild tools (though I don't know why people want us to be spammed with gear upgrades and the like; I might even get annoyed with just a 7 star notification); a way to set up squads or change my leader in certain locations without entering combat; etc.
  • Time. Waits for No one. The "Panda" may be playing keyboards. Month of the Sith. HA, When Ever known the Sith to be Fair, or, Ever play by the rules? See ya at Red Rocks last weekend of June.

• Sorry, but the TW "fix" for ties, which only happen 2% of the time is just ridiculous. If I tried to account for things that only happened 2% of the time, i would have been fired a long time ago. How about focusing time, programming and effort on the other 98%. I mean, seriously. Who thought spending time on 2% was a good idea? :baffled:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry, but the TW "fix" for ties, which only happen 2% of the time is just ridiculous. If I tried to account for things that only happened 2% of the time, i would have been fired a long time ago. How about focusing time, programming and effort on the other 98%. I mean, seriously. Who thought spending time on 2% was a good idea? :baffled:

This forum, apparently. There was one point where half the recent discussion posts were about fixing Ties
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry, but the TW "fix" for ties, which only happen 2% of the time is just ridiculous. If I tried to account for things that only happened 2% of the time, i would have been fired a long time ago. How about focusing time, programming and effort on the other 98%. I mean, seriously. Who thought spending time on 2% was a good idea? :baffled:

This forum, apparently. There was one point where half the recent discussion posts were about fixing Ties

This forum is not representative of the player base. At least, not if what the developers have stated in terms of tie proportions is accurate.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Wow, so much salt in one thread! I don't get it, though. Most of this update seems good, and/or unimportant. I mean, sure, some of the things you've all requested would be nice, so would a million dollars in my bank account. But I'm not complaining to my bank when they, "fail to deliver," my million dollars.

If you legitimately don't like the TW update, get vocal about it, and perhaps a better solution will get introduced. I don't think it's such a big deal, but then I'm not a guild leader and I might not know any better. But complaining about not getting things you wanted is silly.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Anyone else really worried about the height changing squad position. I purposely put characters in locations where I know I can click on them. I've always had trouble with some spots. I realize that they are trying to fix it so it works. But could easily cause it to happen.
    I do the same thing. I also set up my team in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to me. For example, in the current Jedi team that I run, I always put GMYoda to the right of Mace (L) on the front line, because they are from the same era. Maybe it's stupid, but it's how I like to do it.

As far as I'm concerned, They really only need to do this for your opponent, as I've never had a single problem clicking on my team.

• Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think the qol looks good, thank u ea!
    1 area i’d love to see improved is mod mgt though... simple things such as the ability to lock and move a whole set of mods instead of having to go 1 by 1...
  • Why is it still not possible to open "Bronzium data cards" in larger packages?
    250 alliance points for one click. it just annoys.
    If you quickly click on the buy button, the game crashes and I have a double screen.
  • Everything seems good until I read the TW changes, makes me think it’s going to make life more complicated for players. A few more points for successful defense is all I hope for. Not some algebra and calculus thing...

• Umm dude, this is a post for the first QoL from last year.....
    There is no hope.
  • Soon!