Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bronziums isn't happening for another year then right? They only have enough bandwidth to do QOL once a year apparently. QOL is SOL.

• Options

Umm dude, this is a post for the first QoL from last year.....
    There is no hope.

Exactamundo! It came in 2 parts. So hopefully we get another part, in March as well.
  • Options
    I hope it is a 2 part QoL. The stuff proposed is poster child for meh. I'm not ungrateful but it's like having a parade to celebrate tuna fish. I think, "aww how nice" but am more interested in watching reruns of Murder She Wrote with my grandmother.
    Excessive worthless gear piles not addressed
    Bronzium slider not addressed.
    Daily Challenges and the fact that everything mace drops became useless after the 50th time you ran it.

So it is underwhelming, however, it's something better than what you had yesterday.

• Options
    For challenges- they usually get updated or another tier added with a level cap increase. The challenges desperately need this. Mace challenge is worthless.
    As for tw- I think what most are upset about is how quick this change came about. When there has been complaints about other modes for a lot longer.
  • Options
    And TW was a bazooka to kill a fly. Just count number of battles fought and the team with the fewest battles, IF THERE IS A TIE, wins. Do you realize how much harder you just made this game mode for officers who already have a ton of management. What were you thinking? All the QoL you did do to make life easier with tix is totally negated because of the math to figure defenses versus offenses and how to manage the guilds fights. @kozispoon. You guys really need to think about. I'm not trying to be negative but you convoluted the whole set up and made the job harder.
  • Options
    Personally, a great update for me. especially the TW fix. Theres a reason why its this complicated: any chance of accidentally tieing has been wiped out.

Half the game is now simmable!

Raid Tickets!

There s no point complaining that the devs actually listened to the forums for once and decided that they were never going to allow a Tie ever again.

And this is part 1.
  • Options
    Good job ruining TW.

Please do not implement those changes. Leave it the way it is, don’t make a stupid system where to makes sense to use a lone cls to one shot a team and avoid all hard battles or something like that. Your new mode also forces basically one and only one possible defensive strategy taking all of the creativity out of the game that allowed a weaker guild to beat a stronger.

Guilds complaining about the current system had poor strategies and poor guild leadership. Changing the game mode won’t fix the experiment of those guilds, but it will ruin the enjoyment for everyone else.

DO NOT IMPLEMENT THAT TW POINT SYSTEM!!!
  • Options
    TW changes make it a nightmare . Complexity does not equal balance or QOL.

Funny that half the QOL update is time management related, the other half (TW) is huge increase in gametime , prep time, data collection by officers,

And as someone who has a top heavy roster and lots of "useless" chapters ranging from 6000-10000 GP, they went from being somewhat useful in TW to now completely useless
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    How is this feb better than last years, I feel like there’s something brewing in the background and they are waiting to tell us. But so far, I’m not impressed by Feb.

Smith Marauder was a major let down and a poor excuse of a DS toon
  • Options
    i m finding it funny over how so many people dont care that it wpuld basically no longer be possible to get a Tie unless active cooperation
  • Options
    Yeah,right because 1% of players got a tie or 2 let’s screw TW for everyone else. They could have solved this simply by giving the victory to those who settled def with higher GP instead of totally ruining TW for Guild leaders and officers who now have to double the amount of time to think about a strategy. They DIDN’T listen. If they would have listened they would have put together mod management,ally points roller, put new toons to farm in GW,Cantina and Squad Arena. This isn’t a QoL it’s merely a horrific update.
  • Options
    Let’s make a deal —> over complicate tw
    In exchange for making platoons easier!
    If your guild can’t fill a certain platoon- put a huge red X over it.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Icebringer92 I was really hoping for the pun /hom(dont censor this that shouldn't be sensored)onym solution to tie breakers- use Tie ships somehow to decide tiebreaker

@swgohfan29
    Source that it is part 1? The title said "the much anticipated QOL update that doesn't sound like a two parter. Last years 2 parter was on the 15th and 27th of Feb. do you think we get another in March? Unless you have a source, you are quite the optimistic type :)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    i m finding it funny over how so many people dont care that it wpuld basically no longer be possible to get a Tie unless active cooperation

Because 99% of players don't tie. And that was 4 TW's in. I would guess it is even higher % now. And this point system makes it much more planning and work for guilds to win, makes mediocre toons worthless, and makes coordination much more time consuming.
    So yeah, most people wouldn't say throw it the baby with the bath water; make 100% of players have more work to do because 1% of players tie and get annoyed by it

Very grateful for he TW reporting changes coming though. ( defenses #, defense teams staying to show stats, attack stats, etc)
  • Options
    @Icebringer92 I was really hoping for the pun /**** solution to tie breakers- use Tie ships somehow to decide tiebreaker

@swgohfan29
    Source that it is part 1? The title said "the much anticipated QOL update that doesn't sound like a two parter. Last years 2 parter was on the 15th and 27th of Feb. do you think we get another in March? Unless you have a source, you are quite the optimistic type :)

@FierceRevan the devs have released two parters before, combining with the hate of this update, probably means that they have smth else to throw out to appease the forum.

Also i m the optimistic type :/
  • Options
    @Icebringer92 I was really hoping for the pun /**** solution to tie breakers- use Tie ships somehow to decide tiebreaker

@swgohfan29
    I agree! There were so many better options to solve a relatively easy problem instead NO, let’s do it the long way. They gave us more time with this simmable options just to replace it with more time needed to dedicate to TW. I really doubt we’ll have a 2nd part of updates.
  • Options

Because 99% of players don't tie. And that was 4 TW's in. I would guess it is even higher % now. And this point system makes it much more planning and work for guilds to win, makes mediocre toons worthless, and makes coordination much more time consuming.
    So yeah, most people wouldn't say throw it the baby with the bath water; make 100% of players have more work to do because 1% of players tie and get annoyed by it

Very grateful for he TW reporting changes coming though. ( defenses #, defense teams staying to show stats, attack stats, etc)

Yeah. And the devs said "btw Ties arent a huge probelm.Its like 5%" and the forums went INSANE. we had people calling the devs liars and trolls. The devs probably gave up at the point to help everyone.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @swgohfan29 as you wish my lord
  • Options
    Lol tbf- let’s see how it plays out. There’s a difference between on paper and in game. Also
    How is this feb better than last years, I feel like there’s something brewing in the background and they are waiting to tell us. But so far, I’m not impressed by Feb.

Watch some Smithie D. Under Vader lead he’s good.
  • Options
    @FierceRevan
    Sorry, but could you bring your talk of conspiracies somewhere else? its really definitely gonna hijack this thread
  • Options
    @FierceRevan
    Sorry, but could you bring your talk of conspiracies somewhere else? its really definitely gonna hijack this thread
    Sure
  • Options
    @FierceRevan It is very likely to be the case. I won’t be able to use half of my useless roster anymore..at least they had some use, now it’s just trash to deploy in TB..really annoying
  • Options
    @Icebringer92

It just occurred to me, I think this isn't as much about preventing ties as it is making people upgrade all of their roster to be competitive; making people invest in more teams for more revenue . If it is just for ties it makes no sense
  • Options
    The funnyest thing to me is raid tickets will show accurate... How can this be a QoL update??? XD
    Its just a bug fix... Raid ticket count for guildies was bugged from ever xD
    Call things by their name please...
  • Icebringer92
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @FierceRevan
    Conspiracy? Haha if you post a thread you have 100% chances to receive negative feedback or complains. Stating facts =hijacking?
  • Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    The funnyest thing to me is raid tickets will show accurate... How can this be a QoL update??? XD
    Its just a bug fix... Raid ticket count for guildies was bugged from ever xD
    Call things by their name please...
    True, Kozi said bugs would be in hotfix section , and updates section would be new content
  • Options
    @FierceRevan
    Conspiracy? Haha

@FierceRevan There goes the thread XD.
  • Options
    Lol tbf- let’s see how it plays out. There’s a difference between on paper and in game. Also

Watch some Smithie D. Under Vader lead he’s good.

Will do cheers
  • Options
    @Icebringer92

It just occurred to me, I think this isn't as much about preventing ties as it is making people upgrade all of their roster to be competitive; making people invest in more teams for more revenue . If it is just for ties it makes no sense

This exactly. I also think adding sims is a way to burn more tickets so people will purchase them.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    The thread "went" right away.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH