Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    It's about making "climbing content" quicker so players can focus on end game content as you progress through the game. Don't get why people don't see this. Furthermore, CG offer you both sides. You wanna play? Play. You wanna sim? Sim
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see on Monday if this is a 2 part QOL update, or a disappointing QOL update.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see on Monday if this is a 2 part QOL update, or a disappointing QOL update.

Don’t think so. They didn’t announce part two last year until after. I bet they are off tomorrow as well.
  • Options
    Now that we have the month of the sith, A new sith toon and a EP/Vader rework be it only fair that the QoL gameplay is balanced by introducing the jedaii ranger and a yoda/ mace rework with zetas, thanks
  • Options
    Anyone think any Marquee events or otherwise will happen this week or are we waiting until the qol?
  • Pa_lin
    80 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Love the new tw update; looks great. Not that complicated at all.
  • Options
    Pa_lin wrote: »
    Love the new tw update; looks great. Not that complicated at all.

That's great.. wait until new bugs emerge
  • Options
    Nokhai wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    tdarcy510 wrote: »
    With all these new sim options coming out are we going to be able to earn more sim tickets ? Just a question and a concern

thats a good question, i know many youtubers mention having 1000s somehow but ive struggles keeping above 200 usually

Probably doing everything, challenges, dailies on manual, or auto.

I don't fall under 2600 sim tickets.And since i'm not part of any guild,even better since i don't have to do refreshes to get those daily 600 raid tickets. :smile:

So no interest in Pit, AAT, TB or TW rewards? Not big on guild store or Guild Event currency?

Seems like playing a quarter of the game, what’s the upside?

I have 3200 sim tickets, don’t typically buy refreshes, and sim all challenges. Unless people have been farming 8 energy nodes solely for the last year, I’m not sure how anyone run out of tickets.
  • Options
    Thanks for the upcoming update,

hope to see also in the next update
    mod management,
    squad management without engaging a battle first
    Bronzium in front and/or at least sim them.

Keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    I know you guys are just about to roll out the new QoL patch, and that's great. However, I think there's still room for improvement on the targeting thing.

Remember Marvel: Avengers Alliance? They had this nifty little bar at the top center of the play field during combat. It had little squares in a line that showed the upcoming turn order, which would dynamically update if it changed for any reason. You could also click on one of those squares to target a character, ally or enemy. It was really useful for when multiple characters looked similar (for instance, if you were fighting multiple Stormtroopers, or Rebel Soldier Super Healers), and you wanted to be sure to target the one who would go next.

I wish we had something like that, not only for the ease of targeting, but so we could know the expected turn order when characters have about the same turn meter we could know definitively which is next.
  • Options
    so let me get this straight,

instead of actual quality of life updates such as multi-open bronziums, better in game communication, mod management...

you've been measuring the height of toons and lining them up in order?

Wait, this is surely going to cause controversy...

How do you arrange clone troopers?
    Is fives ahead of rex because he has hair that makes him marginally taller?
    Does scavenger rey's bun make her taller than jedi training rey?
    How high off the ground should the nightsister spirit float?
  • Options
    Sim ticket sink is my currrent concern with this QOL update. Is there any other way to get sim ticket than spending cristal on refresh ? Actually, if it's the only way i will probably to continue to auto GW instead of simming it..
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ok now EA plans to change points in tw...

so than, EA knows that there are sooo maaaany issues in fights (look at HQ Answers the new Bug report forum), blackscreen, client resync, freezes in battle (especially when thrawn dies from dots), endlessfight (dooku vs. dooku; savage vs. savage and some more)
    nevertheless they are changing points for the win at first attempt?

@CG_Kozispoon is this really meant seriously? or is this only a carnival-joke?
  • Options
    so let me get this straight,

instead of actual quality of life updates such as multi-open bronziums, better in game communication, mod management...

you've been measuring the height of toons and lining them up in order?

Wait, this is surely going to cause controversy...

How do you arrange clone troopers?
    Is fives ahead of rex because he has hair that makes him marginally taller?
    Does scavenger rey's bun make her taller than jedi training rey?
    How high off the ground should the nightsister spirit float?

We've always had the ability to place characters wherever we wanted. Now they're taking that choice away and putting them in the order that they want, and calling it a quality of life update. Just insane.
  • Options
    Hi Levi

I like to ask if the developers are thinking about a Home One´s or Endurance´s reworks to compete with Chimaera and a CLS´s X-wing. Thanks
  • Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    Firstly, there was a major problem top tier (90 mil+ guilds) that caused ties at an extremely annoying rate... Secondly, TW has become more and more defensively based, which slowly leads to stale gameplay, The changes actually give people a reason to save good teams for offense, rather than using some random team that only partially defeats the enemy. It's going be more fun, and the changes really aren't very convoluted.

This TW change might be a solution of 100Mil GP guilds that have everything maxed out already. But not every guild is on that level and we enjoyed the option to use lower level teams in offense. Beyond removing this option the proposed change lift the coordination burden for TW to a level that is infeasible esp. for lower level, casual playing guilds.

I do not mind solving the issue for top tier guild ties, but just do it in the case there really is a tie according the the existing scoring system. Actually you could implement the very proposed system, but only apply it if the old system would result in a tie.

I would urge the top guilds to think beyond their own problems and consider the whole player community.
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    The number of people here who can't do math is boggling.

Let's just look at the first 2 territories. Assume 25 limit per territory, and they're maxed... That is 2x25x30 for a total of 1500.

Now say one side wins all of their battles first time on one side and the other wins all their battles the second time. Both have full chars remaining. The first time kill side gets 5+5+10, or 20 each. The second kill side gets 5+5+5, or 15 each. This means that for a clean sweep of both sides the first side gets 1000 and the second side gets 750. That definitely doesn't tie.

But people in this thread are throwing numbers around like 10 first time kills vs 29 3rd time kills... So what about those numbers? Well, 10 first time kills with 5/5 surviving gives you 200 points. 29 3rd turn kills with 5/5 surviving gives you 290 points. You would need to kill 20 3rd turn to match 10 first turn. That doesn't seem terrible to me. You should not be doing 3rd time or more the majority of the time.

Also, new defensive numbers are 30 for ground and 34 for ships. That means 8x25x30 for chars and 2x25x34 for ships. That is 6000+1700 for a total of 7700 now.

Just look at how much you typed to try and explain a couple of possible scenarios and then consider while coordinating 50 odd individuals those calculations change on a constant basis relative to your opponents score.

It's not about doing math or not doing math, that's completely missing the point. It's about creating an unnecessarily complicared system with several moving parts that only ever required one simple tiebreaker.
    ^^^ this. Was it really necessary to overcomplicate TW? How are we supposed to coordinate people that have weaker teams without making them a liability for the guild? If they set a weak def = less points, if they atk = less points if they don’t win at first attempt. Should we kick them out of the guild because devs want everyone to have at least 2M GP? Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Nokhai wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    With all these new sim options coming out are we going to be able to earn more sim tickets ? Just a question and a concern

thats a good question, i know many youtubers mention having 1000s somehow but ive struggles keeping above 200 usually

Probably doing everything, challenges, dailies on manual, or auto.

I don't fall under 2600 sim tickets.And since i'm not part of any guild,even better since i don't have to do refreshes to get those daily 600 raid tickets. :smile:

So no interest in Pit, AAT, TB or TW rewards? Not big on guild store or Guild Event currency?

Seems like playing a quarter of the game, what’s the upside?

I have 3200 sim tickets, don’t typically buy refreshes, and sim all challenges. Unless people have been farming 8 energy nodes solely for the last year, I’m not sure how anyone run out of tickets.

I was part of one of the most awesome guild you can find out there.Great people,very good strategy,everything you can ask for.Just wanted to take a break from all these TW and Raids,that's all. :smile:
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ksomm5 wrote: »

Don’t think so. They didn’t announce part two last year until after. I bet they are off tomorrow as well.

Not true, it's confusing now because Kozi keeps deleting(editing) the old updates from last year , but I read them a couple weeks ago. There was a dark side update on the 15th, and a QOL update on feb 27th and march 3rd last year

On the update for the 27th they announced the march 3rd update:

"We're aiming to have the rest of this update go out Wednesday"

This year, no foretelling a "rest of" update. Only "much awaited QOL update"

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89315/dark-side-game-update-2-15-2017-update-2-16#latest

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/92831/2-27-2017-game-update#latest
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    Acctually the TW changes may very easy lead to MORE ties than before. Think about it: it's very easy to "earn" banners. You get 30 for setting defence, period. Nothing about it change that - you can populate entire battleground with single 6k+ units and get full defensive credit. It's all left for offence. Sure, you're allowing your opponent a lot of easy wins. Bot how much can he earn? Let's do the math: each win is a 20 banners MAX: 5 for win + 10 for first attempt +5 for everyone surviving. He kills very easily with single unit attack team? Nothing changes: 5 (win) +10 (first attempt) +1 (left standing)+ 4 (bonus for empty slots in attack team).

This is the strategy that leads to maximum use of resources: you earn everything that can be earned for setting defence and still have virtually full guild power left for attack phase.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Acctually the TW changes may very easy lead to MORE ties than before. Think about it: it's very easy to "earn" banners. You get 30 for setting defence, period. Nothing about it change that - you can populate entire battleground with single 6k+ units and get full defensive credit. It's all left for offence. Sure, you're allowing your opponent a lot of easy wins. Bot how much can he earn? Let's do the math: each win is a 20 banners MAX: 5 for win + 10 for first attempt +5 for everyone surviving. He kills very easily with single unit attack team? Nothing changes: 5 (win) +10 (first attempt) +1 (left standing)+ 4 (bonus for empty slots in attack team).

This is the strategy that leads to maximum use of resources: you earn everything that can be earned for setting defence and still have virtually full guild power left for attack phase.

Correct a guild could try to force a tie. But you would be making it easier for the other side to score max points than your side, which is a risk in and of itself
  • Options
    The upcoming TW changes seems like it really is promoting certain characters in order to have a fine defense/offense team. I just don't see the point in conquering territories after the change if it is all about finishing squads the first time since it ultimately may award more than two conquered territories. Also, even if a squad do not defeat the opponent the next person to face it still get penalized with the turn meter accumulated from the first battle. I just feel bad for guilds in general who may see some of their high gp players go since it is not about conquering territories as a team anymore.
  • KraytTrillus
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What does pre battle squad thing mean even?

edit: Nvm pieced it together

Also TW changes seem...disturbing. Seemingly will shake up all the strageties
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    People are actually complaining about the OPTION of simming GW?

Smh.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

not something to overlook
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

not something to overlook

Maybe when you're starting out. Once you have the high energy nodes unlocked this should no longer be a problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    urtil wrote: »
    RuFiOHHHHH wrote: »
    Ever since TW came out it's been far and away the best mode in the game. This update will severely hurt the fun of TW offense. I'm in a top tier guild that has had only three ties - once on the first war and twice against guilds who placed absolutely no defense. At this point ties only happen if one guild intentionally forces a tie. This would be easy to resolve by having a simple tiebreaker of whichever guild placed more GP on defense. Then nobody would ignore defense completely and the problem would be solved.

This on the other hand RUINS the fun of tw, the only mode where my less useful characters finally had a purpose. I could run two g9 squads against a weak defense, break it down and be able to contribute to the guild. Now I have to put everything but the absolute best units back on the shelf because if you don't kill a squad with 5 units left standing you're hurting your team. This also punishes guilds who have weaker players and will lead to more infighting in guilds for people who lose their attacks.

How did this terrible idea get put in play? Less fun, more arguing?

I will quote it because it warrants repeating. This is not a good change for the reasons listed.

The old system was good because you could whittle down teams, you could use your whole squad, weaker players could also contribute and the amount of coordination was manageable. Now beating a team gives only 5 of possible 20 banners. To max performance will place a massive burden of coordinating attacks on officers especially for international guilds with different time zones.

To quote again: less fun more arguing. Not good. Please reconside given that ties only impacted a very small amount of TWs..

If you want to award bonus banners then why not simply using them only if there is a tie to break and otherwise ignore them. Keep the system as it is and if there is a tie under the current system then the team with more bonus banners wins

I quote this ^^ because it bears repeating, again. While the other (QoL) updates are definitely welcome, although there are still some glaring ones that would really help, this Territory War change makes me cry!

I am already getting tired of managing TWars, this update will make it more likely that we won't bother attacking and just attempt to make it a time waste for the opposing guild by putting down just defense., encouraging them to do the same as they get burned out, and resulting in spreading the distain for this game content to others.

Please simplify banners attackers get and find a simplier tie breaking method.

Thanks
  • Options
    I’m just hoping we get an update from one of the devs as to why some of the most requested and asked for updates were ignored even though we’ve been asking for them since the last QoL update. @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Leviathan
  • Options
    Anrath wrote: »
    urtil wrote: »
    RuFiOHHHHH wrote: »
    Ever since TW came out it's been far and away the best mode in the game. This update will severely hurt the fun of TW offense. I'm in a top tier guild that has had only three ties - once on the first war and twice against guilds who placed absolutely no defense. At this point ties only happen if one guild intentionally forces a tie. This would be easy to resolve by having a simple tiebreaker of whichever guild placed more GP on defense. Then nobody would ignore defense completely and the problem would be solved.

This on the other hand RUINS the fun of tw, the only mode where my less useful characters finally had a purpose. I could run two g9 squads against a weak defense, break it down and be able to contribute to the guild. Now I have to put everything but the absolute best units back on the shelf because if you don't kill a squad with 5 units left standing you're hurting your team. This also punishes guilds who have weaker players and will lead to more infighting in guilds for people who lose their attacks.

How did this terrible idea get put in play? Less fun, more arguing?

I will quote it because it warrants repeating. This is not a good change for the reasons listed.

The old system was good because you could whittle down teams, you could use your whole squad, weaker players could also contribute and the amount of coordination was manageable. Now beating a team gives only 5 of possible 20 banners. To max performance will place a massive burden of coordinating attacks on officers especially for international guilds with different time zones.

To quote again: less fun more arguing. Not good. Please reconside given that ties only impacted a very small amount of TWs..

If you want to award bonus banners then why not simply using them only if there is a tie to break and otherwise ignore them. Keep the system as it is and if there is a tie under the current system then the team with more bonus banners wins

I quote this ^^ because it bears repeating, again. While the other (QoL) updates are definitely welcome, although there are still some glaring ones that would really help, this Territory War change makes me cry!

I am already getting tired of managing TWars, this update will make it more likely that we won't bother attacking and just attempt to make it a time waste for the opposing guild by putting down just defense., encouraging them to do the same as they get burned out, and resulting in spreading the distain for this game content to others.

Please simplify banners attackers get and find a simplier tie breaking method.

Thanks

What he said.
  • Options
    murchy_7 wrote: »
    with the device linking - will this now allow iOS users to download an emulator on PC and play via that through the Android system??

@CG_Leviathan @CG_Kozispoon