Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• It will be interesting to see on Monday if this is a 2 part QOL update, or a disappointing QOL update.

My money is on #2
  • I already do not like TW, now I just want to skip it altogether
    Hopefully they release a “sim TW” button so I can just collect my first place Zetas and be done with it.
  • Seems to me that the devs who came up with this tragic TW tie-breaking system are more insane than TLJ script and plot writers.
  • Seems to me that the devs who came up with this tragic TW tie-breaking system are more insane than TLJ script and plot writers.

Not really. its actually very simple. add points for first time wins and surviving characters. Thats it.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Seems to me that the devs who came up with this tragic TW tie-breaking system are more insane than TLJ script and plot writers.

Not really. its actually very simple. add points for first time wins and surviving characters. Thats it.

The point is there only needed to be a tie breaker, not a complete overhaul of banners awarded for what. Yes, it might be simple to understand how it works but it creates a whole new monster as far as managing 50 people goes
  • But makes people more annoyed when you lose a battle then with the current system.

Plus puts alot more burden on players As they try to decide if they should attack or bother using their 2nd or 3rd tier toons on attack. Hardly a time saving Quality of Life change.

But reading the changes a 3rd time, it is clear it is always be better to max your defensive score as you get 30+ banners per squad, and may make it harder to clear a zone, vs attackers getting max 20 banners per win. What that means is everyone will wAnt to keep their best toons for attacking to try and get that win with 1 battle (to max attack banners) & will thus use their worst toons on defense... basically c-rap toons on D and best toons saved for attack. And Wars will be won by a handful of banners that are obtained from how well teams defeat their defenders (1st go & minimized toon losses). Not sure if I will find this very interesting to play, but perhaps its not that complicated for strategy as a Guild... just much more complicated strategy for each player, then with current system.
  • Karek77 wrote: »
    @CG_Leviathan

please for the love of god let us choose who to battle in arena and remove these 1000s refreshes to jump to the highest rank.

I've seen this one request a few places. Remember that there will always be targets that might already be engaged in combat, even if they allow you to go to the highest rank possible.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Dont even know why we are discussing this, theyre going through witht theses changes whether we like it or not
  • Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Dont even know why we are discussing this, theyre going through witht theses changes whether we like it or not

Feedback effects games more than you know. Half the stuff on the QoL is because people have complained about it or asked for its implementation.
  • Scabmaggot
    62 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by Scabmaggot on
  • I already do not like TW, now I just want to skip it altogether
    Hopefully they release a “sim TW” button so I can just collect my first place Zetas and be done with it.

That will be a real QOL to just get rid of TW you spend a day and a half playing for garbage rewards
  • Scabmaggot wrote: »
    I already do not like TW, now I just want to skip it altogether

That will be a real QOL to just get rid of TW you spend a day and a half playing for garbage rewards

Before: Forum: We needz more zetas EA/CG
    CG: Here: If you have a good enough GP, you can get a couple of zetas for maybe a hour of actual gameplay?

Now: Rewards are terrible guys!
  • The TW update is a perfect example how to make things more difficult and more complicated. TW is going to be a job and not fun anymore. Why do you don't try to improve stability? I lose at least one squad or fleet every single TW because of game crash. Starting the battle, then game crash, then I can watch my name "in progress" from outside. It's very ANNOYING.
    Scabmaggot wrote: »
    I already do not like TW, now I just want to skip it altogether

Before: Forum: We needz more zetas EA/CG
    CG: Here: If you have a good enough GP, you can get a couple of zetas for maybe a hour of actual gameplay?

Now: Rewards are terrible guys!

Don't forget the cuffs and holo projectors and other bits that annoy everyone you can get. Personally love the tw rewards.
  • They are supposed to fix the TW before they install more problems.In the beginning, the super, after the hot fixes only problems. Game crashes in combat, Squads are just standing around and do not fight, because only the opponents turn, attacks have no effect. Today I had fight against Phoenix, every Phoenix got up 6 times again
  • They are supposed to fix the TW before they install more problems.In the beginning, the super, after the hot fixes only problems. Game crashes in combat, Squads are just standing around and do not fight, because only the opponents turn, attacks have no effect. Today I had fight against Phoenix, every Phoenix got up 6 times again

I m assuming that you mean that you got a character to red and they came back. Well thats not a bug, thats game mechanics that support Pheonix strategy of survivability in exchnage for a lack of DPS
    They are supposed to fix the TW before they install more problems.In the beginning, the super, after the hot fixes only problems. Game crashes in combat, Squads are just standing around and do not fight, because only the opponents turn, attacks have no effect. Today I had fight against Phoenix, every Phoenix got up 6 times again

I m assuming that you mean that you got a character to red and they came back. Well thats not a bug, thats game mechanics that support Pheonix strategy of survivability in exchnage for a lack of DPS

So with my 5 characters, I fight 36 opponents when his 5 characters 6x get up again?
    They are supposed to fix the TW before they install more problems.In the beginning, the super, after the hot fixes only problems. Game crashes in combat, Squads are just standing around and do not fight, because only the opponents turn, attacks have no effect. Today I had fight against Phoenix, every Phoenix got up 6 times again

So with my 5 characters, I fight 30 opponents when his 5 characters 6x get up again?

So with my 5 characters, I fight 35 opponents when his 5 characters 6x get up again?

So with my 5 characters, I fight 35 opponents when his 5 characters 6x get up again?

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

So with my 5 characters, I fight 36 opponents when his 5 characters 6x get up again?

i have no idea what you re talking about, which indicates 3 possibilities

1. You have no idea what you re talking about
    2. I m not smart
    3. You re a troll and being purposefully vauge and misleading.
  • Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Dont even know why we are discussing this, theyre going through witht theses changes whether we like it or not

TB were supposed to be 2 phases a day before we complained that we still needed to sleep, work, eat, take care of the kid...

So, yes, our feedback is sometime listened to
  • RakatanBrute
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    As much as I'd love to see "arena slider" all people that request it are only thinking about top100 of the arena, maybe top200, where slider would contain up to 20-25 teams for selection. Imagine slider for a person at #1000 or #5k: 200-500 teams in slider? IF it comes to the game, it has to limited somehow, ie. "if rank below 200 choose 5 teams directly above the player, five from middle of allowed range and 5 at the top of the allowed range, then present 15 options in slider"

2. I m not smart

Sorry my friend, I play 2 years, have something over 3,5 million GM, 80 characters on G12, all ships on 7*, so not without experience. If I defeat the opponent 7x with a squad and that in a single fight, that is 7x5 opponents...

2. I m not smart

Sorry my friend, I play 2 years, have something over 3,5 million GM, 80 characters on G12, all ships on 7*, so not without experience. If I defeat the opponent 7x with a squad and that in a single fight, that is 7x5 opponents...

Ok....... so they basically revived mutiple times.....but only hera can do that, plus it is on a cooldown too.
  • There's all the bugs that need to be addressed from the graveyard of ea.answers. So many have been flagged. Some going back to summer of last year. The previous QoL (linked to a couple times now) came with a huge list of bugs fixes on toons. I'd like to 'assume' they'll be coming forth, but I don't see a single nod to any bug fixes yet.

Will we get any?

And ditto on TW - single banner on defensive win was all that's required to fix the 2% of the Dev's stated ties. That was the simple fix we wanted and was looking for. Me-thinks the over-complicated point system is addressing something that has nothing to do with ties... and likely trying to bury that 10pt bug that kept creeping up despite both sides filling full defense and doing a full clear.

Which brings me back to bugs... a list of fixes coming in please?
    bug-glitch-games-gif-1177926.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • They take your choice in character placement away, and turn TW into an overcomplicated mess..... And call it a quality of life update. Crazy.
  • Before they worry about ties, they really need to address TW battle crashing. We get a good dozen of those across our guild each TW. After discussion with my guildmates, these crashes seem much more prevalent in TW than any other part of the game.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Wouldn’t this tw “fix” encourage more guilds to -drop a tier- where most other guilds would troll the troll by placing ugnaught and Jawa walls? Forcing the tie. Now there are no more ties.
  • And ditto on TW - single banner on defensive win was all that's required to fix the 2% of the Dev's stated ties. That was the simple fix we wanted and was looking for. Me-thinks the over-complicated point system is addressing something that has nothing to do with ties... and likely trying to bury that 10pt bug that kept creeping up despite both sides filling full defense and doing a full clear.

I agree, it's like the took the complexity of Tournament scoring and applied it to Territory Wars. While this was not too difficult to manage by yourself, when applied to a guild it's not going to be fun.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m