Help me find direction please!

Gloomsaw
1 posts Member
edited February 2018
Hi there. been playing a while, but had no real goal or knowledge of what works best until I got bored and googled & found this active community.

My original goal was with a first order team, but I've grown bored with it and it seems to have some pretty stark limitations compared to some of the other teams I face, plus did I mention I've grown bored with it. My team is currently Phasma (lead), kylo ren, kylo ren unmasked, first order stormtrooper, and jedi councilor / old daka as a healing component. I've sadly spent a lot of resources just unlocking characters to have them in the collection rather than focusing on min/maxing a good team, which brings me to my request:

I'm not necessarily looking to be the best at anything, as my collection isn't that great and I know it'll take time, but I'd appreciate a decent build path if anyone has the time to assist. Just looking for something decent at arena and such. my profile is https://swgoh.gg/u/gloomsaw/. And anything obvious to your more knowledge folks, like if there's characters I should focus on in order to have access to events, stuff like that. I don't care too much about starship battles at this point so that's not a big deal.

Thanks for your time and suggestions peeps!

Replies

• it appears you did not sync your account with swgoh.gg . You have to do that first.
    also, are you a f2p, p2p, or a bigger spender?
    Check out the adaptive f2p guide?
    How do you like your tea?
    There is a lot of information we need to help you out.
  • Apologies, I thought it was synced, it appears to be when I click on my swgoh profile link.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/gloomsaw/
    I am mostly f2p but I don't have anything against spending a bit.
    I did check out the f2p guide, but I feel I'm past it in some ways and behind in others, so I am not sure if there is a better path, hence asking for veteran advice.
    When I drink tea it's usually some kind of amalgamation that my wife makes, all I know is that it tastes good!
  • Weaselcult
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Looking at your roster. I'd say your first port of call should really be a viable scoundral team for credit heists you really aren't going to get much done in terms of farming unless you can complete them reliably. Yiu have st han give him some love. (You also want him for CLS and he's a decent tank) for other scoundrels i'd recomend lando and boba and two more of your choice ig 88 is decent. You also wouldnt do bad to work on pheonix to get you a solid way through gw and to get you thrawn and palpatine.
  • I terms of first order i know you are bored but i'd start of FO tie pilot to replace daka/consular also his ship is awesome and they arent so muxh a thrown in an off synergy healer type set up.
  • Are you in your own guild that you created? You may want to consider abandoning it and joining a more seasoned guild. Your guildies will help you out significantly and you will only benefit from it than trying to roll solo.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Moved to proper forum
    Thank you
  • I'll second what was already said:

1) Focus on Scoundrels, because you will need them for Credit Heist, and you want to be able to do the highest tier that you have unlocked with ease. They will be simmable soon, so being able to 3* it will save you some time, while also keeping you stocked with Credits (which disappear fast with Mods).
    1a) Scoundrels that you will want include Boba and Lando. STHan also counts as a Scoundrel and his TM manipulation is nice. From there just grab two more Scoundrels that you like.

They don't even need to be all that good because Boba is enough to more or less carry you through it. My team is Boba, Nute, STHan, CW Chewie, and Greedo simply because that's what I had at 4* or better to make use of. It does just fine.

2) Build up a Phoenix team. They are also Rebels, so you will be able to do Palpatine when he comes back, as well as Thrawn. Both of these toons are strong characters than can be used on an Empire team to get R2.

3) From there, again as already mentioned, go for FO TIE Pilot to complete your FO team. They are necessary for BB-8. It is also a pretty decent team for other areas of the game.