DS TB unbalanced!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
DS TB is extremely hard compared to LS TB in contrast to the events during the battle of Hoth in ESB! Factors that hamper progress and prevent guilds from winning more stars are:

- Empire faction roster twice as small compared to the Rebel one and lacking more healers/cleansers.
- The high requirements of empire characters, critical for battles, for unlocking Imperial Strategic Abilities or destroying Rebel Strategic Abilities.
- Facing off against a number of OP rebels with strong healing/cleansing synergies on all Phases, that make the Imperial Strategic Abilities irrelevant.
- The insanely powerful Rebel Strafing Run ability compared to the weak Imperial Orbital Bombardment ability (Rebel airspeeders more powerful than Imperial Star Destroyers???)

Replies

• Yes it’s harder but my guild still ends up getting the same amount stars as they do in LSTB.

I have no issues with DSTB. Except those bounty hunter missions. I’m not keen on leveling up mostly horrible toons.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    DS TB is extremely hard compared to LS TB in contrast to the events during the battle of Hoth in ESB! Factors that hamper progress and prevent guilds from winning more stars are:

- Empire faction roster twice as small compared to the Rebel one and lacking more healers/cleansers.
    - The high requirements of empire characters, critical for battles, for unlocking Imperial Strategic Abilities or destroying Rebel Strategic Abilities.
    - Facing off against a number of OP rebels with strong healing/cleansing synergies on all Phases, that make the Imperial Strategic Abilities irrelevant.
    - The insanely powerful Rebel Strafing Run ability compared to the weak Imperial Orbital Bombardment ability (Rebel airspeeders more powerful than Imperial Star Destroyers???)

The Empire faction having less units because the rebels natrually have a higher percentage of individual heroes compared to generic units. Also Healing/Cleansing are sorta LS reserved ability i guess? with DS having Healing immunity(which given, is weaker).

The Rebel Airspeeders thing is just dumb, bcos if we were to follow actual strength, the Imperials basically wrecked the rebs. This would be a clean sheet with the exceprion of rear airspce.
  • I think the biggest difference is that due to the amount of Empire character, platoons are significantly harder to fill.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I think the biggest difference is that due to the amount of Empire character, platoons are significantly harder to fill.

luckyly we can skip alot of them because they include p2p toons ^_^
    OT: I like DS TB better than LS TB to be honest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    DSTB has threw problems (if problems they are).

Many top players have multiple light sided teams at the level of their stronger dark side teams. This is partially due to the legendary/op characters difference and partially because of the number of easily accessible good light sided characters.

A required sub faction (bounty hunters) is bad.

DSTB was added later than lstb and is therefore considered by the developers as more late game and therefore harder.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    dimi4a wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    The Empire faction having less units because the rebels natrually have a higher percentage of individual heroes compared to generic units. Also Healing/Cleansing are sorta LS reserved ability i guess? with DS having Healing immunity(which given, is weaker).
    The Rebel Airspeeders thing is just dumb, bcos if we were to follow actual strength, the Imperials basically wrecked the rebs. This would be a clean sheet with the exceprion of rear airspce.

You must be new around here?

You must be new around here because this thread must be from months ago. DS TB was even worse when they launched it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef wrote: »
    I think the biggest difference is that due to the amount of Empire character, platoons are significantly harder to fill.

We should like DS better. They theoretically learned from some of the mistakes they made in LS (like 4 phases for each battle in DS as opposed to 6 in LS, a special mission for ships, more special missions, etc.)

That said, they're both fairly enjoyable - and the rewards are decent.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Yes it’s harder but my guild still ends up getting the same amount stars as they do in LSTB.

I have no issues with DSTB. Except those bounty hunter missions. I’m not keen on leveling up mostly horrible toons.

This pretty much sums it up. If you feel differently then it's probably an issue with YOU or your DS toons not DS TB
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

We should like DS better. They theoretically learned from some of the mistakes they made in LS (like 4 phases for each battle in DS as opposed to 6 in LS, a special mission for ships, more special missions, etc.)

That said, they're both fairly enjoyable - and the rewards are decent.

Glad to have good ol' reasonably possitive nikoms back =D
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

DS TB is more difficult than LS TB, yes, but that's completely intentional. Nobody ever announced, that it would have the same level of difficulty.

Factors that have increase guild progression and winning more stars are:

1. The recent EP / Vader reworks.
    2. Increased access to farming new Nightsisters, KRU, Silencer, SA and other DS toons.
    3. The recent re—run of the Chimaera event.
    4. The increased availabilities of 7* DS capital ships.
    5. General incresase of guild GP (LS, DS and fleet GP altogether).
    6. .... <continue list as you wish>

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    And most of you are still missing a crucial problem - the Imperial Strategic Abilities which are a pain in the bum to unlock/upgrade due to p2p toons/small Empire roster and their uselessness against the tons of OP rebel healers/cleansers!

it's difficult, but isn't that the whole point?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    And most of you are still missing a crucial problem - the Imperial Strategic Abilities which are a pain in the bum to unlock/upgrade due to p2p toons/small Empire roster and their uselessness against the tons of OP rebel healers/cleansers!

Tell that to my Zeta 7*G11 Thrawn, Vader, EP, DT and Veers squad that gets destroyed on Phase 4 by rebels on steroids + all rebel Strategic Abilities active!

I dunno man. Too difficult for some, too easy for others i guess.
  • Only thing I dislike is the Rebel Event AoE. The cleanses/heals/stealths/taunts/cleanses/heals you can work around and deal with. The Strafing Run is what is demoralizing. Either 1. Allow 75% of filled 4-6 platoons (the ptp ones) disable the Run, or 2. Weaken the insane damage so we at least have a chance due to strategy, team composition and luck.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Tell that to my Zeta 7*G11 Thrawn, Vader, EP, DT and Veers squad that gets destroyed on Phase 4 by rebels on steroids + all rebel Strategic Abilities active!

I dunno man. Too difficult for some, too easy for others i guess.

I understand that it should be hard, but just hard - not impossible!

Like i said, i don't know. For me it wasn't impossible at all. I'm f2p and not in a top guild, but i did get max waves.
  • My guild got more stars in this dark side TB than all the light side ones we've done so far. This is mostly because dark side TB relies more on GP than combat missions.

If they would just make the IPD mission easier I would be completely satisfied
  • I think the biggest difference is that due to the amount of Empire character, platoons are significantly harder to fill.

And more incomplete, underpowered factions/characters lying around and left untouched.

Surely I want to run my tuskens even they're only 3 of them, but seeing the leader ability...others has +xx% defence and my great urooorrruoh have...what, +30 defence? Not to mention 3 of them dont really synergized with each other.

Then i m afraid your e doing smth wrong, because i 4 starred that one with EP, Vader, GMT, TFP and Thrawn, with no zetas at all.

and only thrawn was g11
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Then i m afraid your e doing smth wrong, because i 4 starred that one with EP, Vader, GMT, TFP and Thrawn, with no zetas at all.

and only thrawn was g11

Did i mention + all rebel Strategic Abilities active; + no AT-AT Assault and no OB!

Yes. You did. I admit i had ATAT, but honestly it was a easy win, only TFP went to red. Thrawn still had 50% proct left over.
  • I find the Platoon requirements difficult, because they tend to require very highly demanded Empire characters such as Shoretrooper which are desirable in both Empire and Imperial Trooper teams. It seems a bit hard sometimes, it's bad enough chasing the dragon of brand new characters which require instant whaling to be able to place in Platoons.
    But with that being said, I think the TB works well enough, and as more and more DS characters come out, that'll ease off over time.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Our guild doesn't sweat platoons, we just do what we can and take our 25-27 stars.

But with that said, it's not going to ease off over time because they'll keep releasing new toons at 3* and putting them in the 7* platoons immediately.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH