Opinon of QoL Update

swgohfan29
1147 posts Member
edited February 2018
For options 3, 4 and 5, you admit you like the rest of the updates

Opinon of QoL Update 38 votes

Straight up loved every aspect of it.
7% 3 votes
Loved most of it, but its missing the things i really want
26% 10 votes
Hated the Tw aspects, but overall its a great update
13% 5 votes
Option 3, overall its a meh upsate
21% 8 votes
Option 3, Overall its a bad update
13% 5 votes
Hated Most of it
10% 4 votes
Hated all of it
7% 3 votes

Replies

  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hate that I had to choose a poll option with a typo :p
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Summing Galactic war is the only thing that makes me smile

    A few things are nice additions but not great QOL improvements

    A few things are a waste of time/resources on their part

    The new banners in TW is bantha poo
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Kyno
    31989 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.
  • TVF
    31067 posts Member
    Hate that I had to choose a poll option with a typo :p

    Like this?
    Summing Galactic war is the only thing that makes me smile

    ;)

    Anyway, if they gave us everything, what would we complain about then? :p
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Still missing mod managaement and multi bronziums. Other than that I liked it. Never was a big TW guy but the update at least makes me happy knowing it won't be a tie anymore
  • Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    I was against the tw changes but you are correct when you say the player base asked for it. I tried to change players minds in most of those posts but I was in the minority. So even though I think they recked tw. It was something the players asked for.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    Bronziums
    Challenge gear in raids
    Credit crunch
    New Challenges
    TAC challenge rework
    Various character bugs ongoing
    Shipment shops needed rotation
    Refresh on arena opponents
    I think are all much more requested than anything that was changed. Raid tickets people gave up on like a year before I started playing. It's just a running joke, I have never seen an actual thread about requesting it since I have been playing. Take out the TW updates and it is a very minor update, not anything close to last years QOL, that had about 4 times as much text (read it after Kozi said this Feb would be like last Feb).android to IOS interchanging affects very minor fraction of players. Text search I don't ever remember being requested. Only rogue one requests which were pretty rare and mostly people said "who cares" when someone would request it, favoriting locked characters is nice but I don't remember a single thread on it since I have been playing ( although I admit when I fist started I didn't understand why that wasn't a thing), deleting inbox messages? Really this needed to wait for a QOL update for such a. Basic function? For zeta purchase confirmation, I specifically remember you explaining the fact that it wasn't necessary , multiple times, when people did request that one.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Kyno
    31989 posts Moderator
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    I was against the tw changes but you are correct when you say the player base asked for it. I tried to change players minds in most of those posts but I was in the minority. So even though I think they recked tw. It was something the players asked for.

    That's an early judgement, but I do understand the point of if it ain't broke for 98% don't fix it.

    I think this "fix" has the longevity of TW in mind and doesn't change the strategy too much.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    I was against the tw changes but you are correct when you say the player base asked for it. I tried to change players minds in most of those posts but I was in the minority. So even though I think they recked tw. It was something the players asked for.

    Now lets see how the majority likes the new update. I also tried to change minds unsuccessfully. Can't wait to lose a team and be double bummed out about it !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    I was against the tw changes but you are correct when you say the player base asked for it. I tried to change players minds in most of those posts but I was in the minority. So even though I think they recked tw. It was something the players asked for.

    That's an early judgement, but I do understand the point of if it ain't broke for 98% don't fix it.

    I think this "fix" has the longevity of TW in mind and doesn't change the strategy too much.

    I really enjoy using my geonosians and similar squads in tw. When tb was coming out the thing I was looking forward to was using my full roster. I soon realized that wasn't going to happen. Then miraculously tws came along and my dreams came true. This update makes my well rounded roster once again useless. Which is why I say they recked it. They recked it for me. Which I realize I'm the minority compared to the whole player base and I truly hope it turns out well for them.
  • Very minor improvements. Ya I saved 10 minutes on GW. Big deal.

    No multi purchase for bronzium. No mod management. No update on challenges or the drop rates of 6 or 7 carbs from those challenges. Boo. I actually don’t mind the TW changes. It should stop the threads about ties. The raid ticket fix is finally here but I’m not giving props to that as it is a year and a half overdue. I’ll just say it’s about time.

    Overall, for where I am at in the game, this QOL update did not improve my QOL at all.

    I’ll just continue to play and hope that mod management comes in the next QOL.

  • I don't like the TW changes
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    For options 3, 4 and 5, you admit you like the rest of the updates

    Which option is 3,4,5?
    Also, Weird introduction to your poll
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • TVF
    31067 posts Member
    Lol I didn't even bother reading the poll. Now that I have I think I may have had a seizure.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    31989 posts Moderator
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    I was against the tw changes but you are correct when you say the player base asked for it. I tried to change players minds in most of those posts but I was in the minority. So even though I think they recked tw. It was something the players asked for.

    That's an early judgement, but I do understand the point of if it ain't broke for 98% don't fix it.

    I think this "fix" has the longevity of TW in mind and doesn't change the strategy too much.

    I really enjoy using my geonosians and similar squads in tw. When tb was coming out the thing I was looking forward to was using my full roster. I soon realized that wasn't going to happen. Then miraculously tws came along and my dreams came true. This update makes my well rounded roster once again useless. Which is why I say they recked it. They recked it for me. Which I realize I'm the minority compared to the whole player base and I truly hope it turns out well for them.

    You can and may still have to use them, in the end many people are not winning 1 for 1 in ever match of TW. This just means guilds may need "manage this better", but it doesn't change the fact that getting less points because you used a weaker team to take down a toon is still better than leaving a team standing at the end. A truly well rounded roster will be better, in most cases, as a top heavy roster will drop off quicker and lose more points.
  • I think a lot of it is great, but I am still blown away that they have done nothing to fix the issue with the massive build up of ally points and having to mash buttons indefinitely to spend them. This has been an issue for a very long time.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    I was against the tw changes but you are correct when you say the player base asked for it. I tried to change players minds in most of those posts but I was in the minority. So even though I think they recked tw. It was something the players asked for.

    That's an early judgement, but I do understand the point of if it ain't broke for 98% don't fix it.

    I think this "fix" has the longevity of TW in mind and doesn't change the strategy too much.

    I really enjoy using my geonosians and similar squads in tw. When tb was coming out the thing I was looking forward to was using my full roster. I soon realized that wasn't going to happen. Then miraculously tws came along and my dreams came true. This update makes my well rounded roster once again useless. Which is why I say they recked it. They recked it for me. Which I realize I'm the minority compared to the whole player base and I truly hope it turns out well for them.

    You can and may still have to use them, in the end many people are not winning 1 for 1 in ever match of TW. This just means guilds may need "manage this better", but it doesn't change the fact that getting less points because you used a weaker team to take down a toon is still better than leaving a team standing at the end. A truly well rounded roster will be better, in most cases, as a top heavy roster will drop off quicker and lose more points.

    Yes I may still need them but I can't risk attacking meta squads with them because if you fail you costed your guild a lot of points. For instance a couple of tws ago I took on a rjt squad with my geonosians with 88 lead. They got illuminated destiny off. Attacked sun-fac who countered cleansing gk taunt and got a critical which gave spy full turn meter. He then took out rjt. I lost the battle but was completely successful in achieving my goal. With the new rules I won't risk using them in this fashion because if it doesn't work you really hurt your guild. I would cost my guild points. Currently if things go to bad with your first attack against an enemy you can forfeit the battle you lose your squad but they don't gain from this. Curious if forfeits counts as an attempt or not. That is probably the most important question when it comes to using lesser squads.
  • Kyno
    31989 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    All thing that have been asked for. It shows they are trying to keep up with the requests to make the game better.

    It may be more advantageous for them to do smaller updates, every 3-6 months rather than wait so long and bunch them together. People forget what they asked for last week.

    I was against the tw changes but you are correct when you say the player base asked for it. I tried to change players minds in most of those posts but I was in the minority. So even though I think they recked tw. It was something the players asked for.

    That's an early judgement, but I do understand the point of if it ain't broke for 98% don't fix it.

    I think this "fix" has the longevity of TW in mind and doesn't change the strategy too much.

    I really enjoy using my geonosians and similar squads in tw. When tb was coming out the thing I was looking forward to was using my full roster. I soon realized that wasn't going to happen. Then miraculously tws came along and my dreams came true. This update makes my well rounded roster once again useless. Which is why I say they recked it. They recked it for me. Which I realize I'm the minority compared to the whole player base and I truly hope it turns out well for them.

    You can and may still have to use them, in the end many people are not winning 1 for 1 in ever match of TW. This just means guilds may need "manage this better", but it doesn't change the fact that getting less points because you used a weaker team to take down a toon is still better than leaving a team standing at the end. A truly well rounded roster will be better, in most cases, as a top heavy roster will drop off quicker and lose more points.

    Yes I may still need them but I can't risk attacking meta squads with them because if you fail you costed your guild a lot of points. For instance a couple of tws ago I took on a rjt squad with my geonosians with 88 lead. They got illuminated destiny off. Attacked sun-fac who countered cleansing gk taunt and got a critical which gave spy full turn meter. He then took out rjt. I lost the battle but was completely successful in achieving my goal. With the new rules I won't risk using them in this fashion because if it doesn't work you really hurt your guild. I would cost my guild points. Currently if things go to bad with your first attack against an enemy you can forfeit the battle you lose your squad but they don't gain from this. Curious if forfeits counts as an attempt or not. That is probably the most important question when it comes to using lesser squads.

    My point is that in every TW, we all hit that point. It's never a perfect numbers match of teams vs counters where everyone goes 1 for 1.

    We will all have to find the best way to from here on out to go 2 for 1, then 3 for 1. In the current system, you can go 1 for 1 or 20 for 1 and it makes no difference.

    The new system rewards a better roster and a better development and implementation plan of a roster. In theory, this is a great idea....in theory.
    Post edited by Kyno on
Sign In or Register to comment.