Makeover for RG (Royal Guard) please!

Deantron
63 posts Member
edited February 2018
Everybody in my Shard uses Baze, in a Palp Team, as a start taunter! I build up my Empire Team for R2! And i try using it in the arena!

RG is pretty much useless as a protector for the other characters!

So how about he gets a starting taunt (like Baze) and additional to that he taunts whenever an enemy is defeatet (like Baze)! Of course he keeps the taunt whenever an ally falls bellow 50% health, better whenever an Empire ally falls below 100% health (Baze taunts whenever Chirrut takes damage)!

Replies

• can taunt when an ally loe full hp, at this game thime 50% is too low
  • I'd love to see more synergy overall with teams... maybe have a unique on RG that if he is guarding Palpatine he begins with taunt and speed up for 2 turns, and whenever palp uses his heal, he also gives HP to RG
  • My two ideas for RG (either one would significantly increase his usefulness):

1. Increase synergy with EP. Royal Guard taunts for one turn whenever EP takes damage.

OR

2. Royal guard gains taunt for one turn whenever an ally falls below 50% protection AND whenever an ally falls below 50% health
  • I personally think they should give him protection gain along with health gain for his unique. And add if ep is present he also gets these. So basically anytime you would attack any one but rg. ep and rg would gain health and protection. Would be a nice feature to take advantage of eps new unique zeta this also would help protect ep because if you attacked ep he would gain health and protection back.
  • Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think the starting taunt is the most important thing! Because there are teams that one or two shot Palp! Of course, addtional to the starting taunt he must taunt more often!
  • Deantron wrote: »
    I think the starting taunt is the most important thing! Because there are teams that one or two shot Palp! Of course, addtional to the starting taunt he must taunt more often!

Unless he would constantly get taunt opportunities it wouldn't be that helpful. There is way to many characters that can remove taunt. I actually think my idea would protect him just as much. For additional protection you could throw in shore if you wanted. Personally I really would like some synergy with ep.
  • I dont have Shoretrooper! Farming him is hard and slow!
  • I'm all for some RG love now that I keep getting full shards from the bronze cards. I'll have him to 7* without even trying lol.
  • I do like the change to auto taunt when an empire ally goes below 100%. Protection wasn't around when his kit was started. I think he was an original toon from the beginning.
  • They will never replace shoretrooper with an easy farm like RG. His taunt could pop like Baze, after Palpatine drops under 100% hp, but that's the best you can hope for
  • No he just got reworked and like others here have said, the harder they are to get, the better they should be.