DS TB is still broken

Prev1
Seriously. When a g11, well modded Savage Oppress that can solo P3 of HAAT gets taken out after 5 hits from unnamed generic rebels, something is still jacked up.

When a TFP with 239 Speed (before adding Tarkin's +30 from lead) still doesn't go first but every generic rebel goes TWICE, the thing is beyond broke.

Platoons are a joke. You require the best DS toons for platoons leaving junk for missions. DS TB is completely unbalanced. LS you have multiple GREAT toons, numerous team combinations and leadership abilities that can be used. DS still lacks in so many ways. Darkside dominates in Fleets but altogether is absolutely garbage. The tenacity and potency of these generic rebels is ridiculous. How can a DS toon with 70+% potency still be resisted constantly? They evade every other Attack. The amount of defense and armor is crazy. Doesn't help that the rebels cleanse, heal, regain protection, gain a ton of turn meter, and call constant assist with every turn completely negating anything you throw at them.

Darkside needs some serious rework all around or DS TB needs to be more balanced like LS.

Replies

• Options
    Just like the regular battles dark side is harder then light side it's how it should be. Imho it's perfect (other then p2p in platoons)
  • Options
    How about the P6 platoons requiring multiple Empire toons when there are TWO Empire missions (one combat, one special)? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Agreed, if you want to make the 6 & 7 star phases challenging, that makes sense. But when you require 5* and the defence wipes out a 7* squad in the first wave, that is wrong.

If you require a star level, then that team well modded/geared should be able to complete the level (btw - this does NOT mean g11 with maxed elite mods). The IPD challenge was a joke.
  • Options
    How about the P6 platoons requiring multiple Empire toons when there are TWO Empire missions (one combat, one special)? Ridiculous.

Exactly!!!
  • Options
    Just like the regular battles dark side is harder then light side it's how it should be. Imho it's perfect (other then p2p in platoons)

Really? I found LS battles far more difficult. Doesn't change the fact that DS is vastly under powered. When every rebel goes twice before your Empire team (speed between 229-269), that's complete garbage. Viable team make ups are vastly limited as well for Darkside compared to the number of effective LS teams.
  • Options
    It's fine. Ls was a lot harder for me when it first came out then dark side was. Most say LS is way easier mainly because ressistance is an automatic win through all phases. Ds doesn't have a squad like that. I think they need to do something to prevent the ressistance from easy winning in ls.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Demos1178 wrote: »

Really? I found LS battles far more difficult.

You must not have Resistance then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

At the one time I didn't. Once I got Resistance it was easy. DS battles were easy in my opinion. I didn't have a problem with it at all.
  • Options
    Honestly there isn't any kind of balance between DS and LS. LS has freaking toons, like cleansers, TM removals, buffers and debuffers, healers, tanks. On the LS there are many all ally cleanser, like Chirrut, Finn, GMY, GK, Ewok elder, BB8, R2, AA, etc. On the DS there aren't any All Ally cleanser.

OK for fun, the cleaning is not the part of the dark side. Debuff? This sounds more legit for DS. The most terrific debuffers are on the light side: CLS, Forehead Rey, Raid Han, etc.

All right, so the DS would like to kill everyone, so they are aggressive DPS characters...WUT? DPS? Tell me any really DPS characters! Raid Han can kill the Shoretrooper with 5-6 simple basic shots.

Ohh yes and the tanks. There are 2 significant, and really useful tanks on the DS. Shoretrooper, and zombie. There is only one auto taunt tank: Sith trooper. Yep, taunting in every 4th turn maybe. Auto tank, ehh. Shoretrooper can be debuffed easily, so this is great tank, but the GK is much more better. On the opposite side, there are Old Ben, with double taunt, Baze, with auto taunt, and AoE, and single buff removal, and constant counter strike, Poe, with high speed, and AoE expose, the Pathfinder, with revival, Holdo, with auto taunt, K2SO with auto taunt, etc.

Hmm, maybe the DS chars are good leaders? Almost all useful DS leader has any faction limitation in it's leader skills, while many LS have all allies, or all other allies phrases, or uses the rebel faction. There are 32 rebel characters in the game. I can bet, this is the biggest faction in the game. The empire has 17 characters.

CG should hate the DS, or I can't figure it out, why can't they balance the 2 sides. They always figure out more and more unbalanced skills, to kill the current META, and that's all.
  • Options
    I completely agree, it’s bad when you have an all 7 star team g10+ and you just get absolutely wrecked. They simply made the difficulty way too hard. Especially when Darkside is underpowered as is.
  • Options
    I find it a total farce.

I get it's supposed to be end game to complete but watching 7* Nihilus, Zaul, Zavage, Zylo and Vader get obliterated early into the second phase screams an issue. It's general knowledge Sith are squishy and rely on self healing. The generic rebel bombardments that come in simply allow zero time to prepare for the next incoming obliteration.

Managed to do the IPD mission but seems you need zVeers and high level Empire to complete. LSTB ROLO mission I complete with way less effort and geared toons. It's a breeze despite my average rebel roster.

It's clear it's far more difficult but dark side simply can't boast the diversity and power the light side possess.

Sincerely hope this gets addressed.

Great OP :smile:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

DS battles were easy in my opinion. I didn't have a problem with it at all.

huh? After reading your OP you seem to struggle quite a bit O_o
    Seriously. When a g11, well modded Savage Oppress that can solo P3 of HAAT gets taken out after 5 hits from unnamed generic rebels, something is still jacked up.

When a TFP with 239 Speed (before adding Tarkin's +30 from lead) still doesn't go first but every generic rebel goes TWICE, the thing is beyond broke.

Platoons are a joke. You require the best DS toons for platoons leaving junk for missions. DS TB is completely unbalanced. LS you have multiple GREAT toons, numerous team combinations and leadership abilities that can be used. DS still lacks in so many ways. Darkside dominates in Fleets but altogether is absolutely garbage. The tenacity and potency of these generic rebels is ridiculous. How can a DS toon with 70+% potency still be resisted constantly? They evade every other Attack. The amount of defense and armor is crazy. Doesn't help that the rebels cleanse, heal, regain protection, gain a ton of turn meter, and call constant assist with every turn completely negating anything you throw at them.

Darkside needs some serious rework all around or DS TB needs to be more balanced like LS.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Phase 6. Team is G10 zKRU (L), G11 zylo, G11 FOTFP, G8 FOO, G8 FOST, swapped arena mods over. Not much indeed. The two G8s got destroyed in Stage 3 by AoE. Enemies would constantly cleanse, meaning that KRU couldn't get his taunt up. Also, they put daze asap on KRU, meaning that he doesn't get the extra TM from critical hits, meaning he doesn't get a turn, meaning his daze doesn't expire and he doesn't use stun/taunt, meaning he just sits there looking cool and not being able to get healed up.

Well, I didn't expect a 4/4 on P6, but at least a 3/4 with KRU's leader zeta'd. Disappointing...

Main issues? Constant cleanses and healing of enemies. Add extreme damage and crazy tenacity* (zylo's HI or stun wouldn't stick, maybe I should mod him for 500% or so potency?) and, yeah, something's wrong. Apparently it's expected to have G12 full zeta teams? And specific combinations only? I don't know...

Also requiring a ton of Shoretroopers and Krennics, 4 wampas, and a couple Executioners and Marauders in platoons didn't help (all that in the same Phase 6, so they need to be 7*).

* Forgot to mention that in the same phase, in another combat, I used my G9 EP. He was modded to have 110% potency and still only 1/4 debuffs (shock/stun) would stick.
  • Options
    MontyX wrote: »
    Honestly there isn't any kind of balance between DS and LS. LS has freaking toons, like cleansers, TM removals, buffers and debuffers, healers, tanks. On the LS there are many all ally cleanser, like Chirrut, Finn, GMY, GK, Ewok elder, BB8, R2, AA, etc. On the DS there aren't any All Ally cleanser.

OK for fun, the cleaning is not the part of the dark side. Debuff? This sounds more legit for DS. The most terrific debuffers are on the light side: CLS, Forehead Rey, Raid Han, etc.

All right, so the DS would like to kill everyone, so they are aggressive DPS characters...WUT? DPS? Tell me any really DPS characters! Raid Han can kill the Shoretrooper with 5-6 simple basic shots.

Ohh yes and the tanks. There are 2 significant, and really useful tanks on the DS. Shoretrooper, and zombie. There is only one auto taunt tank: Sith trooper. Yep, taunting in every 4th turn maybe. Auto tank, ehh. Shoretrooper can be debuffed easily, so this is great tank, but the GK is much more better. On the opposite side, there are Old Ben, with double taunt, Baze, with auto taunt, and AoE, and single buff removal, and constant counter strike, Poe, with high speed, and AoE expose, the Pathfinder, with revival, Holdo, with auto taunt, K2SO with auto taunt, etc.

Hmm, maybe the DS chars are good leaders? Almost all useful DS leader has any faction limitation in it's leader skills, while many LS have all allies, or all other allies phrases, or uses the rebel faction. There are 32 rebel characters in the game. I can bet, this is the biggest faction in the game. The empire has 17 characters.

CG should hate the DS, or I can't figure it out, why can't they balance the 2 sides. They always figure out more and more unbalanced skills, to kill the current META, and that's all.

GMY isn't a cleanser
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Darkside Basic and Hard battles are far far different than DS TB. If you don't realize that, then you obviously didn't pay attention.
  • Options

Darkside Basic and Hard battles are far far different than DS TB. If you don't realize that, then you obviously didn't pay attention.

I......dont.....understand
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You're right, i wasn't paying attention. I missed that you were talking about regular DS missions entirely, my bad. It didn't make sence to me at all, but turns i out i just can't read, haha.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

And you mustn't have decent empire/sith teams. There is a video out at the moment even showing Bounty Hunters easily winning the battles without great gear. So get Zam trained up just people haven't when they did have resistance ready.

One particular roster that has completely different performance to pretty much everything else does not mean that side is more "balanced".

I use inverted commas as the definition of something not being "balanced" here appears to mean "I can't beat it".

Also the resistance team. If it is original one then how does that go without a zeta on Finn? One ability on one toon totally changing the equation is not really a balance thing either. Difference being down to lots of people having a zeta Finn = LS battles easy and they don't have the equivalent "equip to win" thing on DS does not make the whole thing messed up.
  • Options
    Um, zeta Veers with troopers is roughly equivalent to zFinn resistance when it comes to TB. Maybe can't win quite as undergeared as a zfinn squad can, but if geared ok runs roughshod over those rebels.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    You can do a lot more with an undergeared zFinn team than an undergeared zVeers team.

Not to mention it's a ton easier to farm the zFinn team. You don't even really need more than three toons.

Not to mention filling platoons is much more important in the DS TB.

Therefore not roughly equivalent.
  • Options
    I acknowledged the gear issue, but it's not like troopers are super hard to gear, and they don't need crazy gear levels if you have the zeta and decent mods. g9-10 should be adequate.

I disagree on "a ton" easier to farm. Snowtrooper most people get free from bronziums. Starck is now readily available. Storm is very easy. Veers isn't much harder to get than RT. Death is a painful cantina farm, but finn is also a cantina farm. One could also argue that you only really need 3 toons if your starck and snow are geared enough.

I love resistance, but let's not oversell what they can do in TB. Phase 6 combat with undergeared zfinn, RT and poe would not be easy. One bad RNG on poe expose and you're cooked.

Also why would filling platoons be much more important in DS? Maybe if your LS toons are better than your DS toons, but all else equal I don't see why.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've never lost a single combat mission wave with zFinn. Finn G9 Poe G9 RT G9 RP G8 (RP has level 3 abilities btw) and whatever random fifth toon, usually JC or Lumi lol. The rebel strafing run in DS TB is far more powerful than anything you face in LS TB, given equal platoon filling in both. G8/G9 Imp troopers don't stand up to it. There's nothing in LS TB that can wipe out your squad like that.

You really think Finn and DT are comparable farms?

Finn locations:
    Cantina Battles: Battle 3-E Normal (10 energy)
    Cantina Battles: Battle 5-C Normal (12 energy)
    Light Side Battles: 7-A Hard (20 energy)
    Guild Shipments: 450 Guild Currency (5x)

DT locations:
    Cantina Battles: Battle 8-A Normal (16 energy)

And troopers are much more effective with Shore, who happens to be a single 20 hard node.
  • Options
    Hey I'm just saying they're not "a ton" easier to farm. Obviously Death is harder than Finn, but the others are pretty easy. And Storm is significantly better with troopers than Shore...I don't use Shore with troopers in TB. You want the defense boost from Storm, and you don't really need increased max health or healing since you're getting so much protection recovery from kills.

My troopers are a bit higher (g10 veers, g9 snow and starck, g12 storm, g12 death), but DS TB is extremely easy with them, finishing phase 6 4/4 with full protection. And that's with no platoons filled in p5 or p6. With a combo of g9 and g10 you could finish I would think, definitely with g10. It's not g9/g8, but like I originally said they do need a bit more gear than resistance, and I only claimed they were "roughly" equivalent, not exactly equal. The spirit of it is that they have a TM gain mechanic that lets them overwhelm the super powered rebels, at least somewhat similar to the the zfinn mechanic.

Do you have a zeta Veers squad? I have zfinn as well and love them; never lost a combat mission wave either. Having experience with both, I think "roughly equivalent" is fair.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Two g12 toons is "a bit higher?" I give up.
  • Options
    Ok great, you've nitpicked my use of the phrase "a bit". Doesn't make my points invalid. Both those toons were built up from nothing over the past 6-7 weeks by the way. Easy to gear except for g12.

Anyone with a full g9-10 zveers squad around to testify?
  • Options
    Anyway the overall point is, if you invest in a veers trooper team with a single zeta, you can crush TB combat missions. Yes you will need more gear than you do with zfinn, but not to a huge degree.

If you don't have experience with a zeta veers team I don't know how you can argue with that.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have a zVeers team but only two of them are beyond five stars so I can't speak to the last two phases. They're awesome for TB, I'm not denying that. They're not equivalent to Resistance, they require more investment and/or more platoons to be filled. I don't know how you can argue with that but here we are. Agree to disagree and the last I'll say to you on the subject.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I have a zVeers team but only two of them are beyond five stars so I can't speak to the last two phases. They're awesome for TB, I'm not denying that. They're not equivalent to Resistance, they require more investment and/or more platoons to be filled. I don't know how you can argue with that but here we are. Agree to disagree and the last I'll say on the subject.

point being (i think), if you've got them at g11 and with zeta lead both teams get you max waves in each phase with relative ease in their respective TB's.
    Shore is a real pain to farm, but storm also gets the job done.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Well sure, but G11. Good luck doing that with G8/G9 Imp Troopers and no platoons filled. I do it every time with G8/G9 Res and no platoons filled no problem as already stated. That's my point.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i agree with you both.
    I do consider troopers to be the resistance of DS TB, but they're harder to get and need more gear.