Platoon vs Deployment question

If you cant fill a platoon,Is it still wise to waste a toon there or just use him in the mass deployment attack...What gives more points?

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Neither. Same points for deploying or putting in a platoon, unless it finishes off that platoon.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    When you fill a spot in a platoon, you deploy it too. You can even fill platoons in the map you mass deployed your toons, after you deployed.
  • Options
    So let's say I did the combat missions first. I got deployment points equal to the gp of the squad I used to complete the combat mission. Now lets say that i next deployed every other toon I had. I get deployment points equal to the gp of the toons I just deployed. Now lets say the last thing I do is fill spots in platoons. Is there any other deployment points awarded for filling spots in platoons with toons/ships that were already deployed?
  • Options
    grassrox wrote: »
    So let's say I did the combat missions first. I got deployment points equal to the gp of the squad I used to complete the combat mission. Now lets say that i next deployed every other toon I had. I get deployment points equal to the gp of the toons I just deployed. Now lets say the last thing I do is fill spots in platoons. Is there any other deployment points awarded for filling spots in platoons with toons/ships that were already deployed?

No. If you platoon AFTER deployment, which is only possible in the territory you deployed in, there are no additional points awarded
  • Options
    That said, your order of actions is wise if you truly don't intend to deploy those toons to another territory. You get the points first but don't need to commit to platoons till later
  • Options
    Our order of actions is always the same.

Fill platoons first, absolutely no combat until they’re done.

Barring time-zone issues I can’t see any reason why all guilds don’t do that.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Well, because of time zones....... We just hold deploys, if we tried do 3 phases timezones would make it impossible.

As others have said, you get deploy points when you either use or deploy a toon. If you deploy then use you don't get to double dip.

Anyway, if you know your guild can't fill a platoon then no point putting it there. Sure, you get points anyway so in that respect not wasted but be better waiting until deploy at end to see which tile needs the points most as it could end up locked to an area the points are not needed and the other one is just short and it costs you a star. Ok, pretty unlikely for one toon but they all add up.....

Anyway, no point doing it, at best it achieves nothing, at worst it is an inefficient use of GP and, while unlikely, could cost a star. Most of the time it will change nothing at all but still no upside unless anybody cares about individuals platoon contributions which I would hope they mostly don't.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    Our order of actions is always the same.

Fill platoons first, absolutely no combat until they’re done.

Barring time-zone issues I can’t see any reason why all guilds don’t do that.

Because of time issues, and also if your roster is strong enough, platoons don't really matter too much. You also wouldn't want to ham string your combats by deploying important characters to a platoon.