Another DS TB rant

Prev1
As the title suggests, this is a rant about the travesty that is DS TB. It pains me to see the lengths *they will go to to drive an average F2P player like me to insanity.

I would like to start of with saying that I love SWGOH and especially the dark side. I run sith/empire in arena and I love how they play, especially with vader and palpatine's reworks. However, they are worthless in DS TB.

Dark side simply can't compete with these generic Rebels that CG programmed in for enemies. If they only could hit super hard that would be fine. If they only could heal their entire team every few turns that would be fine. If they only could gain crazy amounts of TM, that would be fine. The fact of the matter is that they can do all of these things. These rebels can hit for 25k on their basic. Rebel commanders can heal the entire team pretty much any time they go. The HrScout can stagger lock anyone into oblivion. The rebel soldiers can keep their taunt up almost indefinitely. The pilots cleanse all debuffs with a smile. And it infuriates me. With LS TB, when I got creamed in a wave I could sum it up to "well they're only g9 and g8, makes sense," but when my g11 sith/empire arena team gets their clocks cleaned by these rebels, something is wrong. Don't even get me started about how poor the empire's abilities are in DS TB. They get a unique ability that makes them slightly harder to kill whereas these rebels start out with abilities that are dominating. The rebel strafe or whatever it is called basically negates a nihilus lead in DS TB, it cools down faster than any DS character (Besides maybe nightsisters) can heal through. Whereas LS TB is all about killing the enemy as fast as they can before you are overwhelmed, DS TB is all about "OK i need to keep ability block on the entire team at once while trying to chunk down these guys before they can heal the whole team and kill my entire team at once with a single move."

The platoons are awful, to say the least. There is basically no reason to even attempt to fill the platoons with DS TB, because the benefits that you get are so negligible that it would be better to not even waster your time. If the platoons were based entirely upon guild GP, that would make it slightly better.Guilds with high GP's probably have whale players who are willing to spend hundreds of $$$ to max out a character with just the goal of using it in platoons. However, when Wampa, yes wampa is required for platoons... I just begin to hate this game. Not only for the fact that wampa is an insanely long farm (8 months or so to 7* by my math) but you don't even get to use him for combat! At least with the first few LS TB, the really hard characters in the platoons (pao, lobot etc;) were just characters no one wanted to farm. Now it is all about "Hey remember that character we released yesterday? yeah it is required to be 7* for you to fill these platoons." It is ridiculous to think that half of the platoons can't be filled for an average guild because they aren't willing to shell out the big bucks for MT, NSZ, NSS, or sith marauder.

My final point is ships. The ship combat is not as bad as the rest of the TB, but it still could use improvement. First and foremost tone it down on the ship health it is crazy when Tarkin's ultimate ability, the fleet wiper in arena, can't even kill 1 ship on the 6* combat missions. Then, to make matters worse, *they require some of the best DS ships in platoons just to make character combat a little easier. Also, and this is a purely aesthetic viewpoint, maybe not have biggs in more than 1 combat mission. It is mostly funny to see biggs's x-wing in all 3 stages of the combat mission. I mean, what's wrong with just basic rebel pilots? It seems to work just fine for LS TB to only have unnamed Tie pilots and 2 boss ships total.

I am glad if you read any of this and I encourage you to voice your opinions below to join your voice with mine and all the other gamer's that do truly enjoy this game. Then again, this post is just as likely to get buried and never read, if that is the case, then good night, and farewell.

Replies

• Options
    Outside of platoons/squadrons which I believe are a major problem and the fact that bounty hunters are brutal at this stage of the game. I think dstb are alot better since the rebalance they may still need a little bit of fine tuning on the difficulty but I don't believe it is as far off as you are implying.
  • Options
    I agree. The combat missions are super hard, even for high level F2P/dolphin players that can put some g12 characters into the mix.

And the platoons... These are really a big issue because they get worse and worse as the game releases more and more new characters. My 80M guild just can’t keep up beyond phase 3. We also pretty much can’t fill any platoon after that because we need our good toons to try to fight as much as we can in combat missions.
  • Options
    I agree with all you said and more, Bounty Hunters for main missions? IPD requiring zeta and g9 or g10-11 with no zeta?

I am just sad that soon this will be filled with negative comments trying to make excuses for for TB.

I agree with you tho, these random rebels are GODS. It's not even funny. They taunt, cleanse, heal, recover protection, gain TM. They crit for 25k on basic. They have defense up, health up, basically almost every buff that exists, while able to counter attack with daze on basic, they can stun, they can ability block.

I mean there ain't a thing they can't do while being able to tank Vader's culling blade with 6 dots and a bunch of other debuffs, like it didn't even happen. Yeah it's annoying, wave 4 is stupid hard. And you probably had to use ur TFP, RG and ST on platoons right before. But even if you didn't, they still won't make huge difference.

I have g12 Thrawn, g12 Tarkin, g11 Palpatine, g11 Vader, V11 TFP and still got creamed in phase 4 lol.
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    I agree with all you said and more, Bounty Hunters for main missions? IPD requiring zeta and g9 or g10-11 with no zeta?

I am just sad that soon this will be filled with negative comments trying to make excuses for for TB.

I agree with you tho, these random rebels are GODS. It's not even funny. They taunt, cleanse, heal, recover protection, gain TM. They crit for 25k on basic. They have defense up, health up, basically almost every buff that exists, while able to counter attack with daze on basic, they can stun, they can ability block.

I mean there ain't a thing they can't do while being able to tank Vader's culling blade with 6 dots and a bunch of other debuffs, like it didn't even happen. Yeah it's annoying, wave 4 is **** hard. And you probably had to use ur TFP, RG and ST on platoons right before. But even if you didn't, they still won't make huge difference.

I have g12 Thrawn, g12 Tarkin, g11 Palpatine, g11 Vader, V11 TFP and still got creamed in phase 4 lol.

Then your squad comp is poor, or more likely poorly modded, and likely missing anything remotely resembling a zeta
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    As the title suggests, this is a rant about the travesty that is DS TB. It pains me to see the lengths *they will go to to drive an average F2P player like me to insanity.

I would like to start of with saying that I love SWGOH and especially the dark side. I run sith/empire in arena and I love how they play, especially with vader and palpatine's reworks. However, they are worthless in DS TB.

Dark side simply can't compete with these generic Rebels that CG programmed in for enemies.

This must be a troll post. The recent reworks make a significant difference. F.ex. Vader is significantly faster, and his AoE can no longer be countered.

• Jedi_Bane
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Dark side simply can't compete with these generic Rebels that CG programmed in for enemies.

This must be a troll post. The recent reworks make a significant difference. F.ex. Vader is significantly faster, and his AoE can no longer be countered.
    Not a troll post, yeah the reworks make them better but the fact of the matter is that these rebels are so ridiculously OP, it doesnt really matter how good your dark side is when all their debuffs count for jack.

Not to mention the fact that DS TB is so buggy that there are reports of plague and vader DOTS( when he's zetaed and leading) being permanently cleansed
  • Options
    I dunno I kind of think DS TB and LS TB are pretty comparable in difficulty. I'm F2P and started in January 2017, and went 81/84 on DS TB combat. 2 of the 3 fails were on the phase 3 BH mission because my BHs stink. Like people have said, if you're getting creamed with g12 characters you're probably not doing it right.

my squad comps:
    zveers, starck, snow trooper, death trooper, storm strooper - 4/4 all phases + IPD mission
    zzthrawn, TFP, tarkin, shore trooper, FOTP (just because he's g11...another empire would be better) - 4/4 all phases
    EP (no zeta yet), vader, nihilus, dooku, sidious - 3/4 in phase 6, 4/4 other phases. EP lead zeta coming next so hopefully will ace phase 6 next time.

https://swgoh.gg/u/macattack/
  • Options
    Remove the weaklings first, leave the elites for last. AB Hoth soldiers, avoid shooting them until they are all that is left. Elite Hoth soldiers get the AT-AT. ALL orange jumpsuits must be targeted first.

And gear your Snowtrooper
    2qAXH80.gif
  • Options
    If DSTB actually made your guild get much lower stars than LSTB, then I think we have a major issue. As it stands for now, my guild anyways, get roughly the same amount of stars as we do on the
    LSTB. In fact our guild got 37* this last TB. Most we’ve gotten on any TB.

Do platoons that require a bunch of important characters suck? Yes. Is the IPD mission harder? Certainly. Rebel Pilots that cleanse relentlessly. They suck too. These are topics that have been talked about a lot.

Until my guild rewards from DSTB are getting adversely affected because of the difficulty it just doesn’t bother me.
  • Options
    When can we get these unnamed unstoppable killing machine rebels as playable toons is the real question lol.
  • Options
    When can we get these unnamed unstoppable killing machine rebels as playable toons is the real question lol.

Hopefully never lol

I finally took @leef ‘s advice. My guild platooned all from phases 1-4. (No sms needed) we platooned partly in phase 5. Some in ships, some in middle, none in the south.
    Then in phase 6- we did 2 platoons in ships and none in the middle or south.
    I find the only platoons we can really ever do are the all Empire ones, but this makes our cms more of a struggle.
    I think from now on I will do less platooning. And just focus more on missions.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Hopefully never lol

I finally took leef ‘s advice. My guild platooned all from phases 1-4. (No sms needed) we platooned partly in phase 5. Some in ships, some in middle, none in the south.
    I find the only platoons we can really ever do are the all Empire ones, but this makes our cms more of a struggle.
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    To clarify, we do fill platoons, we just don't care about the p2p platoons. We did manage atleast 2/6 in every phase.
    Out of curiosity, how did your combat missions go, especially in phase 6? I already know you loved the BH missions ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Hopefully never lol

I finally took leef ‘s advice. My guild platooned all from phases 1-4. (No sms needed) we platooned partly in phase 5. Some in ships, some in middle, none in the south.
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    To clarify, we do fill platoons, we just don't care about the p2p platoons. We did manage atleast 2/6 in every phase.
    Out of curiosity, how did your combat missions go, especially in phase 6? I already know you loved the BH missions ;)

Platoons were done much quicker. And there were a lot of 2/4-3/4 finishes. Which I think would’ve happened anyway.
    I think it’s more so the squads you use. My Vader/palp- Empîre/sith team - never had a problem before and still don’t- its a lot easier with their recent buffs.

My double zeta thrawn led team really performed the same as they always do. 3/4.
    So I think squads matter a lot.

I think if you basically get the platoons from 1-4 and have good squads that fit ds Tb everyone will do well or as good as they always have.

Just for some info - we got 40* and about 119mil gp
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Hopefully never lol

inny_Vader_Vedi

Platoons were done much quicker. And there were a lot of 2/4-3/4 finishes. Which I think would’ve happened anyway.
    I think it’s more so the squads you use. My Vader/palp- Empîre/sith team - never had a problem before and still don’t- its a lot easier with their recent buffs.

My double zeta thrawn led team really performed the same as they always do. 3/4.
    So I think squads matter a lot.

I think if you basically get the platoons from 1-4 and have good squads that fit ds Tb everyone will do well or as good as they always have.

Just for some info - we got 40* and about 119mil gp

That's great man, only missing one wave!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Not a troll post, yeah the reworks make them better but the fact of the matter is that these rebels are so ridiculously OP, it doesnt really matter how good your dark side is when all their debuffs count for jack.

Not to mention the fact that DS TB is so buggy that there are reports of plague and vader DOTS( when he's zetaed and leading) being permanently cleansed

You DO realize, that plague is not a permanent condition, right? And that some of the rebels have the ability that potentially causes plague to be cleansed?

I'm still not sure, you're not trolling.
  • Options

You DO realize, that plague is not a permanent condition, right? And that some of the rebels have the ability that potentially causes plague to be cleansed?

My mistake, i mis-spoke, i meant to say that rebels are able to cleanse while plague is up
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Do they heal up? Or heal while at full health?
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Well,Were on the last node and my 5 -gear 12 zzep,vader,shore,thrawn,DT wiyh great mods on them got smoked.This team isnt getting any better,it makes no sense,its a c.rapshoot on some of those 4/4 last battles.Its a blatant joke with the counter attacks.
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Well,Were on the last node and my 5 -gear 12 zzep,vader,shore,thrawn,DT wiyh great mods on them got smoked.This team isnt getting any better,it makes no sense,its a c.rapshoot on some of those 4/4 last battles.Its a blatant joke with the counter attacks.

Then maybe you need to target the enemy in a certain order, cuz something is a little off, . ..
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »

Could be a targeting issue. If you have DT in there you should be using him to daze / stun a rebel that counter attacks (Soldier, etc.). Or have Thrawn fracture one. Then focus fire it down. I"m also more of a fav of using DV's leader in DSTB for TM removal over EP, but EP's gets strong support by many as well.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

My mistake, i mis-spoke, i meant to say that rebels are able to cleanse while plague is up

You never answered my question. Did they heal up to full health or heal while at full health?

I take your lacking response as a sign, that you realised, that plague can be removed by healing to or while at full health and that your rant was silly.
  • Options

You never answered my question. Did they heal up to full health or heal while at full health?

I take your lacking response as a sign, that you realised, that plague can be removed by healing to or while at full health and that your rant was silly.

Oh sorry, thought this thread was dead. According to rumor, the rebels were cleansing plague and were still in yellow health afterwards.
  • Options

Oh sorry, thought this thread was dead. According to rumor, the rebels were cleansing plague and were still in yellow health afterwards.

So you haven't actually seen this n your game play? Just started a thread based on rumor and speculation over plague? Lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Quoting the creator of that thread:

"Plague - Inconclusive... they all take turns too fast to see how it happened. I *think* Pilot cleansed Officer of the stun/ability block I had on him and then Officer immediately healed everyone... but can't be sure."

So, you are basing your rant on this? This brings us back to my first response:

"This must be a troll post... "
  • Options
    No the basis of my rant was its disproportionate difficulty relative to LSTB. I dont know why explaining a grievance i have with this game is a troll post.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It may not be a troll post, but your point with plague being cleansed is silly — your reason for it is even sillier.

The developers made DS TB considerably easier after the initial launch. However, they never promised, that it was going to be at the same level of difficulty as LS TB. The challenge is much appreciated here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm able to get max waves in DS TB, but i can't in LS TB. DS TB = easier
    =D
  • Options
    I'm able to get max waves in DS TB, but i can't in LS TB. DS TB = easier
    =D

This right here. ^^^^ lol thanks @leef ;):D
  • Options
    Well for some reason I was able to 4/4 everything in DSTB this time around. That has never happened before. Therefore I must conclude that the difficulty level on DSTB was nerfed again.
    The platoons are awful, to say the least. There is basically no reason to even attempt to fill the platoons with DS TB, because the benefits that you get are so negligible that it would be better to not even waster your time.

I can think of one very important reason to attempt to fill platoons. In particular, the Supply Lines (I think, don't quote me) give the Rebels a chance to cleanse all debuffs from themselves when it is their turn. This means that even if you have the enemy stunned, ability blocked, buff immunitied, etc, when their TM gets full those debuffs might just *poof* disappear. If that happens to a Rebel Pilot (example), they can then cleanse all the debuffs from everybody else.

HOWEVER, if you complete the platoons and completely sever the Supply Lines, this auto-cleanse is disabled and you stand a much, much better chance at controlling the battle. Prioritize, target, block, defeat all orange jumpsuit wearing humans.
    qw0oqqJ.gif