2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    leef wrote: »
    I'm able to get max waves in DS TB, but i can't in LS TB. DS TB = easier
    =D

Here's the difference - there is nothing in LS TB that compares to the damage you take from the rebel airstrike in DS TB, unless your guild is able to fill platoons. Given an equal strength roster of your own toons between LS and DS, DS is harder.

EDIT: Just saw the quote above. Can't believe someone actually thinks there's no value to filling the platoons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DS TB is SUPPOSED to be harder than LS TB... it's End Game content, for cryin out loud!!
    Farm and Gear the proper squads and you'll see improvement..
    G10 troopers will go 4-4 in P1-5, but P6 is a monster... Because it's supposed to be a monster...
  • SaKaEm3 wrote: »
    DS TB is SUPPOSED to be harder than LS TB... it's End Game content, for cryin out loud!!
    Farm and Gear the proper squads and you'll see improvement..
    G10 troopers will go 4-4 in P1-5, but P6 is a monster... Because it's supposed to be a monster...

And g8 and g9 rebels can clear p1-5 easily and can clear a couple waves in p6. Just a weird power imbalance. You can do both at the same level as long as you have the characters right? (As in, there isnt a level difference, right?)
  • PFFT! It could be worse! You could have an zOppress G11 on L (for the defense boost), zKylo G11, zNihilus G12, Sith Assassin G10 and Maul G11 (zeta is irrelevant in this lineup order), and get nuked by the TWO low-health rebels left who use a bombing run to nuke your near full-health team! HA! Forget playing smart and strategic when the AI wants to win, because you're kittened when it does! Going back to Marvel Strike Force!
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    I'm probably in too late for anything I say to really get heard, but here goes:

You're absolutely right about platoons. Starting in phase 4, the platoons are just a place for the devs to poke a stick in our eyes for not having whaled out $300 for p2p toons. Oh, you didn't pay $$$ to have a starred-up Sion and FOE? Too bad. No platoon for you! And the difference isn't even gradual: my 84mil GP guild fills every platoon in phase 3, and then maybe two or three in phase 4.

So yes. The platoons are awful and transparently punitive.

BUT, I've gotta disagree with you about the difficultly. It's (intentionally) more difficult than LS TB, yes. But I run zEP, Nihilus, Vader, Tarkin and TFP, and the amount of dominating control I have even in phase 6 is absurd. And even if they cleanse, that's just more TM for me. My team consistently gets me 4/4 there.

Nihilus lead is not your friend here. zEP is.
  • I agree on this post. It is absolutely crazy how hard these little rebel peons are BUT it is doable. I don’t think there’s any huge negligible difference between lstb and dstb. Each are difficult if approached the wrong way. Like a previous commenter made, it’s all about your team comp but mostly strategy. Always avoid rebel soldier until absolutely have to. Take out spies, pilots and scouts first. Then go for the elites. Control the flow of the battle as much as possible.

When lstb first came out I was getting absolutely creamed. German bukakke (or is it bukkake...whatever!) creamed. Then I actually read the abilities of each enemy unit. Made a huge friggin difference when I learned probe droids self destruct after less than 100% health and so on. Do some research and you’ll get the hang of it I think. We are so quick to rage when what we are doing isn’t working. Thinking what we know should be good enough. Then ya change it up. On a side note....truly rage enducing is tier three of the mythic thrawn event. Phoenix members who start off with 2736 speed at full. Phoenix members being able to bypass taunts. Hitting 25000 on basics where it’s not even possible for their kits to max out at that. Endless protection, health regen, counters all day, cleanse out the ****, oh and add on revives when u finally whittled one down from the onslaught of 18 moves before your empire toons can do anything. That’s beyond frustrating. So far no one has a strategy other than g12 everything, zeta’d everything and then MAYBE ya can pass it.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Irrelevant to the thread. But just skip it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It's a joke. Our guild does fine in both 44/45* generally, but it's just not fun when you watch a char with counter, huge health pool dmg and D constantly taunt while the others keep cleansing, with full health heals and protection gains and multi attacks. And I had a airstrike hit me in wave 4 for 66k dmg. Sure, with EP lead, it's no problem, thanks for the single useful team suggestion. 4/4 with EP is generally easy. But after that you pretty much have to get lucky. Completely agree with OP in this case.