Have amother zeta... What now

As a guild we just started farming the HAAT which means GK will soon be mine. Do I zeta Thrawn in preparation?

Replies

• Options
    No. Let the Wookiee win.
  • Options
    As a guild we just started farming the HAAT which means GK will soon be mine. Do I zeta Thrawn in preparation?

I could be wrong, but I think the lack of responses to your inquiry is because nobody understands what one has to do with the other, so what's your thought-process on this?
  • Options
    And a link to your roster would help, thanks.
  • Options
    Save the zeta. Once you have three then use it. If you have less than three full zetas then you have none. This way it a new character comes out that is absolutely meta changing you can pivot to that new character right away while others are trying to scrounge up a zeta.
  • Options
    Sounds like your guild just started the HAAT so you want to be a top contributor in order to get more GK shards quicker and you are considering Thrawn? Depends on the rest of your squad, but Thrawn is a common denominator on badass HAAT teams.
  • Options
    darthjeary wrote: »
    Sounds like your guild just started the HAAT so you want to be a top contributor in order to get more GK shards quicker and you are considering Thrawn? Depends on the rest of your squad, but Thrawn is a common denominator on badass HAAT teams.

Thrawn's zeta isn't really needed in haat though.
  • Options
    You have a long ways to go before you get s 7 star GK.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    Save the zeta. Once you have three then use it. If you have less than three full zetas then you have none. This way it a new character comes out that is absolutely meta changing you can pivot to that new character right away while others are trying to scrounge up a zeta.

This is great advice for anyone 2 years in, with a dozen and a half zetas and a well developed roster, sure. For a new player it’s not so good. Unused resources that can help earn more resources in the future should be used. Although everyone once completing t1 of mod battles, should keep a bank of 10m or so Incase a great mod shows up in the shop, anything further is just limiting your progress when you’re young.
  • Options

This is great advice for anyone 2 years in, with a dozen and a half zetas and a well developed roster, sure. For a new player it’s not so good. Unused resources that can help earn more resources in the future should be used. Although everyone once completing t1 of mod battles, should keep a bank of 10m or so Incase a great mod shows up in the shop, anything further is just limiting your progress when you’re young.

I would have to respectfully disagree. I’ve used this method since day 1 of zetas. While everyone was out putting zetas on toons I held onto mine. I did the same for omegas. Before TB and the necessity of way more teams than what we were used to, I had a bank of hundreds of purples and over 50 omegas. Those went away way too fast. I also used my zetas and then found I couldn’t zeta the new toons coming out. Basically, when TB came out I used your tactic and used all my resources for short term gain but put myself way behind long term. I my opinion.
  • Options
    Judging by the title, a thought this was going to be about aMother Talzin zeta... ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The mother of all zetas, talzin.
    Hit the gym.
  • Options
    I would have to respectfully disagree. I’ve used this method since day 1 of zetas. While everyone was out putting zetas on toons I held onto mine. I did the same for omegas. Before TB and the necessity of way more teams than what we were used to, I had a bank of hundreds of purples and over 50 omegas. Those went away way too fast. I also used my zetas and then found I couldn’t zeta the new toons coming out. Basically, when TB came out I used your tactic and used all my resources for short term gain but put myself way behind long term. I my opinion.

Both intelligent and thoughtful posts.

I'd say there are pros and cons to both approaches.

There is no right answer - whatever works for you.

• Options

Focus and banking 60 zetas are huge differences. I advocate for younger players to use resources while maintaining a laser focus on their goals and team/characters they are working. Simply dumping credits, gear and mats into anyone and everyone is a receipe for disaster for players, regardless of age in game.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Focus and banking 60 zetas are huge differences. I advocate for younger players to use resources while maintaining a laser focus on their goals and team/characters they are working. Simply dumping credits, gear and mats into anyone and everyone is a receipe for disaster for players, regardless of age in game.

This is true. To be fair I wasn’t advocating dumping gear and mats just because. I will say that at the time of TB release I was way behind on the major teams needed. All I had that could do the job were the major rebels and resistance. I had to build a r1 team from scratch and my Phoenix team were pretty underdeveloped as well. Tack on the Hoth brothers, Cholo, and then rolo and all of my reserves were pretty depleted. But, I did have reserves to build all of those teams and toons so my strategy did work.

What works for me doesn’t work for everyone just like what works for you doesn’t work for everyone. I know people who can’t hoard to save their lives. I know people who hoard everything they have almost. Arguments can be made for both sides.
    Post edited by sying on
  • Options
    @darthjeary Yeah was really late when I posted this. I use resistance in HAAT and usually come in second because one guild member solos the last two phases. I just meant if I should zeta his unique so I can use titans when I do get him. Right now I use CLS with Raid zhan Rz2z and chaze
    And here is my roster
    https://swgoh.gg/u/papanakadakalo/collection/
  • Options

Focus and banking 60 zetas are huge differences. I advocate for younger players to use resources while maintaining a laser focus on their goals and team/characters they are working. Simply dumping credits, gear and mats into anyone and everyone is a receipe