Would you still use Geonosian Soldier if he wasn't Overpowered?

Prev1
Hauzer
147 posts Member
edited February 2016
Would you still use GS if he wasn't so overpowered? Do you actually like the bug man with a water balloon cannon, or do you just use him because he's OP / to compete?? If he was balanced would you still us GS, or use someone else?

It's anonymous so don't lie.

Would you still use Geonosian Soldier if he wasn't Overpowered? 125 votes

Yes, I would still use him
26% 33 votes
No, I would not use him
73% 92 votes
Post edited by Hauzer on

Replies

• Options
    Yeah because I am a small spender and a new player so I have him 7 starred. He took a lot of work so I can't just abandon him and I like the sound his weapon makes.

But he's not overpowering though he's gear level 9 and on par with Leia and weaker than Rey.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Yes, because I have no other option but to use him on my ftp account.

Folks don't realize the work put in to get him starred up. One must stare at that level 1 cantina node for a couple months to truly appreciate. (7*'d him today).

On the flip side, I have only a 3-star JC, so there's a sacrifice for the little bugger. In that sense, I don't think he's overpowered at all. Just strong.
  • Options
    I only use him since I am F2P and he hits hard even at 5* where I have him now. I just got RP to 5* and actually prefer to use him even though he is slower. He hits as hard and has other benefits like Expose and Foresight. I just like RP better but will need to keep GS around as well.
  • Options
    Mate, this is a game where you need to fight with your team against the opposition.

Other things being equal, in such type of game, any player would tend to use a more powerful char instead of a less powerful one. But in this particular game, the decisive factor is farmability. Rey might be the most powerful attacking unit, but it is very difficult to get it at high stars - hence a few people have it, and others use different chars, which are more easily accessible. From these different chars, they tend to use those which are better.

It's not a question of GS, it's a question of the fact, that if characters are different, some are always better the others. The only way around is to make characters absolutely the same.

So, people who can afford to spend have a luxury to use Rey, Leia, QGJ and GS simultaneously. Others opt to use only QGJ and GS and add other, more easily available chars instead of Rey and Leia.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, he's quick and makes Poggle viable without droids.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    He isn't overpowered. You must be someone who didn't farm him and now is begging for a nerf.
  • EwokJedi1
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He is not OP (being the sole determining factor in a match) He is the best DPS and easily outperforms the rest. I agree the easiest to farm toon in the game being the best DPS, is kind of lackluster, but lets not call him OP.
  • Options
    Rey is the best dps. She is a hard farm. If Rey were easily farmable the nerf calls would be through the roof. GS is a solid dps who helps your team. But you don't actually need him to win. I have finished first in Arena, and only just started using him as I test new combos. GS wasn't on my top 10 team....when everyone else had him.
  • Options
    Rey is the best dps. She is a hard farm. If Rey were easily farmable the nerf calls would be through the roof. GS is a solid dps who helps your team. But you don't actually need him to win. I have finished first in Arena, and only just started using him as I test new combos. GS wasn't on my top 10 team....when everyone else had him.

Rey is slower has lower health/defense and can easily be debuffed, her skills have longer CD. GS's assist is just better. I use both at 7*. GS has everything his auto can buff his damage and give him significant turn meter a great assist he is the perfect DPS specimen.
  • Options
    Would u use qgj or anyone if he suxs?
  • Options
    He isn't overpowered at all. He's just useful and easy to get. It's usually not even him people want to nerf if they were to think about it. It's how other toon's abilities interact with his assist. It isn't his fault that if Aayla assists him, she can call in some one else, and she calls in Dooku he can hit multiple times, and if Phasma is lead, Phasma can call in people on all of their attacks. There is nothing wrong with GS himself. He needs a good pairing to really shine. You wouldn't care if he came out with Ugnaught, Plo Kloon, Jedi Knight Guardian, and General Veers. When you get him with Phasma, Dooku, Daka, and Aayla, things get interesting.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

GS is hands down the best DPS in the game. It's not even a contest.
  • Options
    I would use him for some stuff.. Same reason I use Biggs for some things. I wouldn't use him for arena though. I don't really use him much right now either. I don't have the correct team that can utilize him to the best of his ability yet.
  • Options
    Yet another GS is OP thread :|
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He is like 86, a one trick pony. All he does is offer speed and DPS in a speed DPS meta. He is far from Poe status. He has zero control and self-sustenance/survivability. He does not buff teammates outside of Poggle. I would much rather see Rey nerfed than GS.
  • Options
    EwokJedi1 wrote: »

Rey is slower has lower health/defense and can easily be debuffed, her skills have longer CD. GS's assist is just better. I use both at 7*. GS has everything his auto can buff his damage and give him significant turn meter a great assist he is the perfect DPS specimen.

She is also faster and hits far harder. Rey can one hit by herself. GS can't.
  • Options
    Such a stupid ridiculous troll attempt of a thread. Would you have ewok scout on your team, troll?.
  • EwokJedi1
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rey max speed 143
    GS max speed 149
    GS is faster. Rey can 1 shot using a skill like GS can. GS's does more reliable damage, not to mention its on a 1 turn cd. Do you even have a maxed out Rey? Everything you say is wrong.
  • Options
    Rey max speed 143
    GS max speed 149
    GS is faster. Rey can 1 shot using a skill like GS can. GS's does more reliable damage, not to mention its on a 1 turn cd. Do you even have a maxed out Rey? Everything you say it wrong.

Actually, gs without offence up don't hit that hard. It's good damage but not one shot kill. It takes couple turns for gs to have offence up proc, then he is what people claim.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You need to put a third poll option:

3. GS isn't overpowered and the thread creator is a fool
  • Options
    Rey max speed 143
    GS max speed 149
    GS is faster. Rey can 1 shot using a skill like GS can. GS's does more reliable damage, not to mention its on a 1 turn cd. Do you even have a maxed out Rey? Everything you say it wrong.

Actually, gs without offence up don't hit that hard. It's good damage but not one shot kill. It takes couple turns for gs to have offence up proc, then he is what people claim.

If the attack on Swarm crits it can still one shot a toon. The one two punch is QGJ calling GS in to an assist which crits killing someone giving him offense up. GS goes calling in someone and it kills a second toon. Rey goes killing a third. That is best case scenario.
  • Options
    Don't use him now and would never use him. He's a fly
  • Options
    Rey max speed 143
    GS max speed 149

If the attack on Swarm crits it can still one shot a toon. The one two punch is QGJ calling GS in to an assist which crits killing someone giving him offense up. GS goes calling in someone and it kills a second toon. Rey goes killing a third. That is best case scenario.

Mmm...yes ok I'll give you that, however, it does need to be a glass cannon.
  • Options
    Rey max speed 143
    GS max speed 149
    GS is faster. Rey can 1 shot using a skill like GS can. GS's does more reliable damage, not to mention its on a 1 turn cd. Do you even have a maxed out Rey? Everything you say is wrong.

Your right about the speed. Im thinking from before i had GS maxed speed, and I've only started using him myself. But even with a proc on her lowering attack I've seen Rey crit over 8800. That's a massive amount of damage. Plus foresight. She is a beast.
  • Options
    Rey max speed 143
    GS max speed 149

Also....after level increase Rey will be faster than GS according to data mining.
  • Options
    Such a stupid ridiculous troll attempt of a thread. Would you have ewok scout on your team, troll?.

Dont you come into MY house and bad mouth ewok scout.
    He's a mothafockin beast and hits harder than you hit your wife.
  • Options
    I don't use him, where's the option for that?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    This is probably the biggest shame of the game to me. I downloaded this game thinking people liked Star Wars and wanted to battle it out with their favorite Star Wars characters. Not saying that Geonosians can't be someone's favorite character, just that I didn't realize they had such a cult following!
  • Options
    I don't use him now and I don't plan on using him ever.
  • Options
    To answers OP's question the only reason I use him is because he is the best DPS.