Phone decided to DIE, what to do?

Pardon me for being a pleb at this. My phone has just committed suicide and this is the first thing I'm worried about. Where do I begin... I do not think I have written my ally code down anywhere. I shall get a new Android device in the morning. The question is, since I have Google Play, will downloading a new app from Google Play with the same account restore my game ? Please guide me back, would hate to lose almost 1.4 mil GP :(

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It should, if your account is linked.
    If you've been playing on a guest account you're probably out of luck and your account died along with your phone. Even then i believe you could retrieve your account via customer support, but that's not a desirable route to take and i'm not sure it will guarantee getting your account back.
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Xoulrath
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    As leef said, if your account was linked to Google Play, then you are fine. All you'll need to do is download GoH to your new device and then log in to your GP account. Otherwise you are probably sol...
    Post edited by Xoulrath on
  • Yeah, I switched devices. I logged into Google play, and downloaded SWGOH. It was crazy easy. Might want to go equally crazy and write your player ID code (not your ally code) on some old school pen and paper. It's in settings at the bottom. Be careful with 0 and O.
  • As all have said, if you had your account linked to Google Play, you're all good. You can also use an Android emulator on a PC until you get your new phone. Bluestacks, Memu, Andy, etc. all work fine. Just link it to the same Google account and your off - and now, you don't even have to play through the tutorial anymore. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Thank you all for the replies. Game recovered. I can sleep again.
  • Yeah, I switched devices. I logged into Google play, and downloaded SWGOH. It was crazy easy. Might want to go equally crazy and write your player ID code (not your ally code) on some old school pen and paper. It's in settings at the bottom. Be careful with 0 and O.

*furiously scribble down player ID code*

*furiously scribble down player ID code*

Yeah, everyone should do it just in case. When I started to hear about accounts lost because people didn't have it except on the device which was now a fancy brick, I took extreme precautions. Pen and paper FTW!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Is having your ID code enough? I've tried to link my account to google play in-game and it never works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Is having your ID code enough? I've tried to link my account to google play in-game and it never works.

Then you might have already created a new Game on that Google Play account. Once you've done that, you cannot bind your existing game to that Google Account.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Seems possible. I did create an alt account long ago and then almost immediately dropped it.

But to the original question, will writing down my Player ID save me when I move to a new phone?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Seems possible. I did create an alt account long ago and then almost immediately dropped it.

But to the original question, will writing down my Player ID save me when I move to a new phone?

i wouldn't trust it will. Linking your account to a google play account is the way to go imo. Dealing with customer support to get your account back will be a pain even if you've got your player ID written down. That is if they're even able to retrieve your account. wich i'm not sure of.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    But if I already used Google Play on that alt account, that's not an option for my account, right?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm not familiar with google play, but i assume you can just create a new google play account and link it to your swgoh account.
  • You create a new Google Account, log in to that Google Account, open up swgoh, an option will pop out to prompt you to bind your game to that new Google Account.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I'll try that. Thanks all.
  • My phone died aswell last night, coincidence? If u hold the power button and volume down button at the same time it safe starts it which worked for me and its back to normal, but before that all i got was a black screen, hope this helps
  • Thoughts and prayers.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Luckily, just installing the game on new phone from the same google play store account, and signing in with google play did everything I dreamed it would. Simple and easy way to recover the game. Thank you all again.