Ig86 Viable without droids

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
edited February 2016
So, am considering a settup involving IG86 but no other droids.

Sid(L), Poggle, Poe, GS, Rey, IG86, or something to this extent involving Poggle/GS

There is obvious synergy there but with +75% crit damage with a droid will IG86 perform considering he's one of the squishiest and is the slowest without the speed buff?

I have IG88 available but with the current meta he'd rely on Poe or he'd be the first target
{RotE}
Post edited by LaLiam on

Replies

• That's 6
  • Poe *might* protect him, but if you're not married to droids there are better options.
    Dooku, Daka, Lumi, QGJ, or someone like Resistance Pilot would fill 86's role with a longer lifespan and just-for-kicks synergy.
  • I am working on using him in the future without any other droids, I think he is still solid without Droids, just needs Poggle to speed him up
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I could run Poggle(L), Daka, GS, Rey, Ig86.
    Only issue is Rey wouldn't get a buff and it relies on Daka to play her part

{RotE}
  • THE_DANOSAUR
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    At that point just lose Rey for IG88 and you have a team.
    Unless you go full droid/geo, don't lose Poe.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Will swap between Rey and IG88 in GW and Arena see how rank changes ect, should be promising for both
    {RotE}
  • I have 86 at 7* and use him everywhere except arena defense (just too slow).

He's fine on offense because of the bad AI, but on defense enemy just takes him out before he gets to attack (at least I assume as my ranking drops more when he is on my team than when he isn't)

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Well, Ideally I want to scare people into fighting the opponent 1 less or 1 above rather than myself
    {RotE}
  • I have 86 at 7* and use him everywhere except arena defense (just too slow).

He's fine on offense because of the bad AI, but on defense enemy just takes him out before he gets to attack (at least I assume as my ranking drops more when he is on my team than when he isn't)

How do you change your offense / defense team? Is it just your last pvp squad fight = defense team?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    @Tromedlov13 +1
    ReyOP wrote: »
    I have 86 at 7* and use him everywhere except arena defense (just too slow).

How do you change your offense / defense team? Is it just your last pvp squad fight = defense team?

{RotE}
  • My 86 has 11k health. Rey and sid have less than that, gs is near there or less, so you have all glass cannons and 86 is actually the tankiest and i love his assist
  • ReyOP wrote: »

Yes Rey. That's why a lot of people will switch their teams out for the last battle. I like to swap mine out for a heavy RNG team. People don't usually like to take a chance on it.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I could take a massive gamble pull out all droids have Poe(L), Poggle, GS, Rey and Daka. Lack of synergy is poor but surely no one would pick over Sid/Lumi/Dooku squad

I've seen Poe's basic hit 7-8k with Boba and poggle, but its the 15% extra potency thats the signature...
    {RotE}
  • I use 86 as part of my main team. His constant crits make him viable with no droid allies and he regularly gets offense up with QGJ. I am slowly building a Poggle/Poe/GS/86/88 team.
  • Poe *might* protect him, but if you're not married to droids there are better options.
    Dooku, Daka, Lumi, QGJ, or someone like Resistance Pilot would fill 86's role with a longer lifespan and just-for-kicks synergy.

Only QGJ does 86 role among those you mention. The other guys might be effecrivr (even more than him) but they have vastly different roles. And none of them can 1HKO people
  • I feel like he has to be paired but 88 to get his potencial otherwise he's a slower GS, even with poggle he's only late 130's. Rey certainly will work when level cap goes up- till then i may favour ig86-gs-daka combo.
    {RotE}
  • If you have GS, QGJ,or assist character, or Phasma lead, when you call 86 he will do great damage, his basic his hard
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    If you have GS, QGJ,or assist character, or Phasma lead, when you call 86 he will do great damage, his basic his hard

Phasma(L), GS, Ig86, Daka, QGJ? Only issue is my QGJ isnt Arena ready so may substitute for Poe
    {RotE}
  • I would put poggle on that team somewhere
  • Poggle(L),GS,86,Daka,Poe... I'd avoid that team
    {RotE}
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    IG86 is very viable without a droid team. Considering the Feb login rewards and ease of farm everyone could have him at a high star easily.

IG86 is like GS, can fit in most team. If your team has high damage dealers assist heroes are beasts.

Poggle (leader), GS, IG86, Rey, Poe would be devastating as an offense team.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    My 86 has 11k health. Rey and sid have less than that, gs is near there or less, so you have all glass cannons and 86 is actually the tankiest and i love his assist

I agree, with the more tankier part, but Rey, Sid and GS are way faster and will get off at least one attack, 86 won't for sure get off an attack. I think those three are all 143 or above, 86 is around 118. When I fight him he never gets an attack.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    My 86 has 11k health. Rey and sid have less than that, gs is near there or less, so you have all glass cannons and 86 is actually the tankiest and i love his assist

I agree, with the more tankier part, but Rey, Sid and GS are way faster and will get off at least one attack, 86 won't for sure get off an attack. I think those three are all 143 or above, 86 is around 118. When I fight him he never gets an attack.

The thing is, in an attacking trio between GS-Rey-IG86, if you ignore Rey and GS especially with Poggle, you'll probably lose half your defence in one round.

Also with the influx of Eeth Koth's he may be easy prey...
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam wrote: »
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

The thing is, in an attacking trio between GS-Rey-IG86, if you ignore Rey and GS especially with Poggle, you'll probably lose half your defence in one round.

Also with the influx of Eeth Koth's he may be easy prey...

Put them all together and you have a potent combo, but if I had to choose between 86 and one of the others for defense (or a couple other toons as well) I would go in the other direction