Sith Raid Timing Mechanics

Prev1
We're not sure on how the raid will go down yet but I'm hoping it doesn't work the same way as the current raids ie. at a specific time with a set health. Currently it's very hard to find a raid time to please everyone and often people will miss out on the raid.

Something that could be done would be to have the raid open for a set time e.g. 24 hours. Everyone can attack whenever they want and rewards are based on the total damage done by the guild. There could even be criteria that X amount of damage has to be done by the end of the raid to consider it completed.

What do you think?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    that would be alot easier to manage for sure, i like it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The real question is how soon will the raid reward character appear in TB platoons?
  • You will also have to place characters in platoons to unlock the next phase of the raid
  • WhenISayRun
    246 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    They could make it like TW where you have 24 hours to join and if you do, you get the base level of rewards. This would eliminate the awkward zero damage hold we have to currently implement. But I'm not a fan of the same rewards for all participants in raids. That's not fair to the people who do the bulk of the work.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's a raid, it will very likely be handled like every other raid.

The one mechanic that may help, is how they increased the time between raids with a higher ticket count like they did with HAAT.
  • We're not sure on how the raid will go down yet but I'm hoping it doesn't work the same way as the current raids ie. at a specific time with a set health. Currently it's very hard to find a raid time to please everyone and often people will miss out on the raid.

Something that could be done would be to have the raid open for a set time e.g. 24 hours. Everyone can attack whenever they want and rewards are based on the total damage done by the guild. There could even be criteria that X amount of damage has to be done by the end of the raid to consider it completed.

What do you think?

How would you adress phases? What happens if you wanna attack phase 3 or 4 and you cant get past phase 1?
  • They could make it like TW where you have 24 hours to join and if you do, you get the base level of rewards. This would eliminate the awkward zero damage hold we have to currently implement. But I'm not a fan of the same rewards for all participants in raids. That's not fair to the people who do the bulk of the work.

Well then they should reward tb based on performance too??
  • They should either have the 24 hour join period like TW or just reward everyone in the guild. They can have a basic guild raid completion tier where everyone gets a min set of rewards and those who did damage will also get the current reward based on damage ranking. As far as fairness for the bulk of the work... this game is constantly evolving, reworks are making characters stronger and challenges/raids easier. You have to remember that those who initially do the “bulk” of the damage are either those who have vested more time and money into the game so they have deep rosters and geared rosters the others are those who were fortunate enough to level and gear the “right” toons to do heavy damage on raid boss.... but mainly those who vested more time and money in this game... and they should be rewarded as just... and to be honest.. i do not see the difficulty in the 24 hour tag period.. the only time i miss the tag period... is when i forget to tag... i login with intent to tag raid boss.. but then i digress and start doing other stuff... next day i see raid defeated and that when i remember i didnt tag.. oh well my fault... life goes on
  • The real question is how soon will the raid reward character appear in TB platoons?

I don't know about you, but I've never seen GK or Raid Han in platoons.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    The real question is how soon will the raid reward character appear in TB platoons?

I don't know about you, but I've never seen GK or Raid Han in platoons.

Really I've always seen raid han in platoons and started seeing GK after they reworked them so that after phase 3 platoons are impossible to fill
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    We're not sure on how the raid will go down yet but I'm hoping it doesn't work the same way as the current raids ie. at a specific time with a set health. Currently it's very hard to find a raid time to please everyone and often people will miss out on the raid.

What do you think?

How would you adress phases? What happens if you wanna attack phase 3 or 4 and you cant get past phase 1?

If you can’t get past phase one you don’t deserve to attack in any higher phase.
  • vegoman
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Currently it's very hard to find a raid time to please everyone and often people will miss out on the raid.

My guild starts raids around activities reset, so everyone knows it's always consistent.
  • Raid times is a guild problem and not attacking until a certain time is a guild set up thing. Pretty sure neither of those are results of the mechanic of the game.
  • 4 phases. I wonder if there will be a tm manipulation part.
    Op that would be great but probably won’t happen.
    Will be in platoons 2 months earlier than when most people will unlock. I love the idea of joining as a 0.
  • You are seriously underestimating the time it would take to properly code this. Implementing a whole new mechanic is a lot easier than editing an existing one. And for most part everything suggested here is exactly that. Apart from one I read where you would just delete raids and replace them with a simplified TB version of raids... Which I would consider content removal.
    You are also too comfortable with farming. When HAAT came out it was not as easy to farm as it is now. Raids are meant to be challenging, require special team compositions and investments. In time, like Rancor, they turn into farmfests, just like any PvE content in every MMO out there. Hard at start, farm once you get comfy.
    It literally takes 1 minute to press raid, press battle, select 1 random toon, press atk, auto it, get killed, get 0 dmg, ???, profit. You would rather make somebody do days of coding because someone in your guild cannot do this in 24 hours? A person that cannot do this in 24 hours simply does not want to do it.
  • They could make it like TW where you have 24 hours to join and if you do, you get the base level of rewards. This would eliminate the awkward zero damage hold we have to currently implement. But I'm not a fan of the same rewards for all participants in raids. That's not fair to the people who do the bulk of the work.

I like it, But if you post 0 banners in TW you get 0 rewards, FYI
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Raid times is a guild problem and not attacking until a certain time is a guild set up thing. Pretty sure neither of those are results of the mechanic of the game.

Ofcourse they are results of mechanics of the game. There wouldn't have been a reason for a 24h 0 dmg period if raids worked like the OP suggested.
    Instead of 24h to place a 0 dmg score and an x amount of time to actually battle the raid, you'd have 24h/48h to just do damage on the raid.
    In order for it to work with different phases it will probably become a little too complicated though.
  • You only talk about it when raid becomes easy. And you are asking for more rewards. What if you cannot even beat the raid? You have 2 days to attack.
  • We're not going to get anything different.

As far as the suggestion for getting rewards base don damage in 24 hours - that's how a lot of these go down out sode fo SWGOH - but for that it'd have to be a single phase. OR. Your own specific self gets to advance phases as you deal damage with anyone lagging behind stuck on earlier phases. OR. Raid is two parts - each is 24 hours and you deal your max damage - which stinks of TB and TW - but would probably be our only path to getting a raid that's not solo-able and everyone can attack at their own convenicence.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    You are seriously underestimating the time it would take to properly code this. Implementing a whole new mechanic is a lot easier than editing an existing one. And for most part everything suggested here is exactly that. Apart from one I read where you would just delete raids and replace them with a simplified TB version of raids... Which I would consider content removal.
    You are also too comfortable with farming. When HAAT came out it was not as easy to farm as it is now. Raids are meant to be challenging, require special team compositions and investments. In time, like Rancor, they turn into farmfests, just like any PvE content in every MMO out there. Hard at start, farm once you get comfy.
    It literally takes 1 minute to press raid, press battle, select 1 random toon, press atk, auto it, get killed, get 0 dmg, ???, profit. You would rather make somebody do days of coding because someone in your guild cannot do this in 24 hours? A person that cannot do this in 24 hours simply does not want to do it.

No I'm not underestimating the time it would take to properly code this. I'm actually in the industry so know a bit more than you might think.

All that is needed is for there to be unlimited health on the raid so it never actually gets killed. All the other mechanics can remain the same. There is very little additional coding required.

I'll admit there might be some potential issues if the raid was in phases like it currently is. I'm not sure I have a great solution for that besides the raid being X days with each phase transitioning each day.

Also you say ""Implementing a whole new mechanic is a lot easier than editing an existing one"? I'm pretty astounded you as a player would say this. You're essentially promoting the fact that they should never implement anything new/innovative in this game? Wow.
  • Did any of you guys ever play the J.I. Joe game on your phones? It folded just as this game came out.
    It had a wonderful raid system which you took your team through a map using ‘energy’ and as you progressed through the map you would encounter raid bosses of increasing difficulties. Everyone in your guild would go through the same map and fight the same bosses eventually killing off the various bosses until either you couldn’t go any further or ran out time/energy or completed it. It was really fun and initiated by the dev teams... in the end, your rewards were based on your guild scores. Would love something like that here. Was pretty fun but I doubt it would work as well with this game....
  • New raid will likely be harder than the other ones, hopefully even the top guilds will not be able to complete it in one day. So problem solved.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    maccajnr67 wrote: »
    New raid will likely be harder than the other ones, hopefully even the top guilds will not be able to complete it in one day. So problem solved.

that's not solving a problem, that's denying there is a problem eventhough it inevitably will become a problem later on.
  • I like this idea @UltimateZeus . Speaking from merely a player's point of view, managing the recent additional game modes have tedious. If anything, this format whereby you hit as much as you can will have quite a few benefits:

1. Nobody can accidentally solo a whole raid "accidentally".
    2. Guilds can tilt more towards a variety of nationalities and timezones
    3. You don't have to race your teammates in trying to test a team

I hope this will come true but I wouldnt know from a coder's point of view.
  • I've read up everything here, and must people apparently forgot something.
    The actual mechanic for the way raids work is, (and I'm assuming we're taking heroic level here), is that from the moment one of the guild officers start the raid, the guild (as a group) has 48 hours finish the raid, using any 7* toon they have.
    Everything else that has become associated with raids - specific times, 24h registration periods, specific times to post scores - those are things guilds set up for themselves. So, when the Sith raid will come, each guild will decide for themselves how to handle that new situation.
    And after we have all gone through that, and everyone will complain together, than people on the forums and various discord servers and reddit, we'll all find a method that work. And we'll either use it or not. Because the system will be something players will come up with, and won't be mandatory in any way. Just like all other systems we came up with.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I've read up everything here, and must people apparently forgot something.
    The actual mechanic for the way raids work is, (and I'm assuming we're taking heroic level here), is that from the moment one of the guild officers start the raid, the guild (as a group) has 48 hours finish the raid, using any 7* toon they have.
    Everything else that has become associated with raids - specific times, 24h registration periods, specific times to post scores - those are things guilds set up for themselves. So, when the Sith raid will come, each guild will decide for themselves how to handle that new situation.
    And after we have all gone through that, and everyone will complain together, than people on the forums and various discord servers and reddit, we'll all find a method that work. And we'll either use it or not. Because the system will be something players will come up with, and won't be mandatory in any way. Just like all other systems we came up with.

Personally i would prefer that the devs provide a more suited raid system than having to come up with eleborate plans to manage our guilds.
  • I just hope it has multiple tiers so weaker guilds don’t cry to get it nerfed like they did with the tank raid.
  • I just hope it has multiple tiers so weaker guilds don’t cry to get it nerfed like they did with the tank raid.

The initial HP pool of Normal Tank raid was absolutely ridiculous and a "nerf" was required.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »

Personally i would prefer that the devs provide a more suited raid system than having to come up with eleborate plans to manage our guilds.

While I do understand where you are coming from, if the devs make a system in game to manage things then there is one system. By leaving it open they allow guilds to be flexible and customized to the guild.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

While I do understand where you are coming from, if the devs make a system in game to manage things then there is one system. By leaving it open they allow guilds to be flexible and customized to the guild.

I fail to see what the difference is between the current system made by te devs and a potentially improved system also made by the devs.
    The current system is also limiting guilds in their options and isn't exactly "open".