New raid, new currency, new shop?

Prev13
Was just wondering about this...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Why?

Each raid has the same currency to the same store now. I don't see them changing from that now.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    true, I was not thinking straight. But I guess we will collect separate raid tokens for the pit, aat, and this new raid.

Actually getting more guild coins is fantastic since they put all this new gear into the shop! :smile:
  • I wish there was a raid store over just random gear. This way you can choose the items you need,
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Raids could definitely use a cleanup. Three might still be doable, but if the trend continues and the system doesn't change, we will eventually get swamped with separate tickets, raids and so on, bringing only headache for leaders and officers trying to keep some sort of system. Getting some sort of raid currency for a raid shop with the gear (the characters would probably stay locked behing heroics to keep their exclusivity) would enable having just one type of tickets for all the raids (with appropriate rewards boost) and guilds could skip the obsolete ones altogether. The only reason to do Rancor now is that the gear is hard to get by other means.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Current tier system from tokens:

Pit 3 times a week
    HAAT 2 times a week
    New raid maybe 1 time a week following this system.

They could also offer different raids at each "tier" of this system in the future.
  • Yeah, definitely hope not. I'd much rather get more guild tokens than have a whole new shop to juggle whose sole source of income was one raid.
  • I'd be happy if the new raid just rewarded cuffs/guns/carbanti

Would upset those mega whales that no longer need lower level gear but for the majority it would help.
  • My guess is it'll be once a week
  • I don't care as long as it's not painful for F2P.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Everything is painful for F2P. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I curious about the tiers of it thought will it be like AAT or the pit where one has 2 tiers and the other has 7 which one will this be
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I curious about the tiers of it thought will it be like AAT or the pit where one has 2 tiers and the other has 7 which one will this be

I think we learned from HAAT that 2 tiers is not dynamic enough to account for the player base.... (I hope).
  • 3 raid 1 currency 1 shop.
  • wrekincruw
    315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    We definetly need this raid as the next level for hardcore/veteran players that have maxed han and gk, those raids have lost thier luster, and gear is mediocre most of the time, the natural progression of raids is rancor is laidback/noobs, tank is semihardcore, hardcore/vet, and this new sith raid should be hardcore/been there done that. I don't understand why people are crying about the logistics if most of your guild has maxed out on those toons already you should just move on to the next raid and abandon the others if your officers dont want to take a minute or so to do a short division problem. Also the amount of raid tickets given can be increased or the amount needed lowered. Plus more than likely a new toon and g12 gear will be rewards.

• 3 raid 1 currency 1 shop.

3 Pit, 2 HAAT, 1 Sith = 6 raids/week.
    Rewards: Guild Tokens, New Raid Store Tokens, Shards.
    I know it sounds like not enough but it would be much better.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I curious about the tiers of it thought will it be like AAT or the pit where one has 2 tiers and the other has 7 which one will this be

I think we learned from HAAT that 2 tiers is not dynamic enough to account for the player base.... (I hope).

I also hope, but am half afraid it will be one tier only :(
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    numbers of tiers matter not. pit has more tirrs but it's less dynamic. It all comes down to just the heroic tier for most people
  • numbers of tiers matter not. pit has more tirrs but it's less dynamic. It all comes down to just the heroic tier for most people

Yeah in the end, but when it launches it shouldn`t just cater to those who instantly can beat heroic. I thought it was really fun to work through the tiers on rancor, slowly improving
  • With the massive gear crunch, they need tiers. With rancor not fully solving and being a choke point it self, they really need tiers. All raid exclusive gears going to a raid store and all raids giving raid currancy would be the best
  • I'd like to see the Rancor raid sunset and the rewards folded in to one of the other raids. There's no more point to fight the Rancor now than there is to fight the daily challenges. Need to get rid of old content at same time as new is added. Game is HUGE!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    I'd like to see the Rancor raid sunset and the rewards folded in to one of the other raids. There's no more point to fight the Rancor now than there is to fight the daily challenges. Need to get rid of old content at same time as new is added. Game is HUGE!

Lower level players can tackle the pit well before being able to take down either level of AAT raid fast enough to bring in the same amount of gear.

Old content should be made easier as we progress, not removed from game.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Make raids simable when the whole guild has the raid character at 7*. Everybody ties for 1st and rewards will be random. We're getting there anyway. 24h 0 damage then all in and 60% of guild solos the Rancor in 8 min. Soon 100%. Might as well give an option to sim it. HAAT is getting there too.
  • Rancor gear is still really important.
    Haat really needs to cleansed of the challenge gear.
    Sith - who knows what it will bring. I think tiering should be done in 3 stages. How Haat should of been- normal mode and then How the old normal was and then heroic.
    More guild coin for guild shop is great too. I’ll probably never get to farm gear there but still will be welcomed.
    Why?

Each raid has the same currency to the same store now. I don't see them changing from that now.

we might get a no new character in the raids... we might get a new currency for a new shop where we could farm nihilus, trya and sion! a farm that would look like H yoda and wampa
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Why?

we might get a no new character in the raids... we might get a new currency for a new shop where we could farm nihilus, trya and sion! a farm that would look like H yoda and wampa

We could, but still The question stands, Why?

It's a raid, the other 2 raids follow the same syste., it would just be a little odd to change that system now with 1 raid but leave the others as they are.

They could do a mix, where a raid rewarded guild event tokens to change it up, but that would still use an existing reward and store. Not a whole new one.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I'd like to see the Rancor raid sunset and the rewards folded in to one of the other raids. There's no more point to fight the Rancor now than there is to fight the daily challenges. Need to get rid of old content at same time as new is added. Game is HUGE!

Lower level players can tackle the put well before being able to take down either level of AAT raid fast enough to bring in the same amount of gear.

I think the point is not removing it completely as it still serves its purpose for newer players, but removing the need to do it later on. Having just one type of raid tickets and including the Rancor rewards in the AAT (and both Rancor and AAT rewards in the Sith raid) would achieve exactly that.
  • Another rancor tier thats very hard with just raid gear in it would be great,make it so you can only do it once a week,give guilds an option.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Lower level players can tackle the put well before being able to take down either level of AAT raid fast enough to bring in the same amount of gear.

I think the point is not removing it completely as it still serves its purpose for newer players, but removing the need to do it later on. Having just one type of raid tickets and including the Rancor rewards in the AAT (and both Rancor and AAT rewards in the Sith raid) would achieve exactly that.

What if you still need to farm raid han shards? Given the complaints about over complicating tw in the update thread, leaving it how it currently works seems the best solution to me. And unless you were 100% going to get a rancor bit of gear and a haat part at the minimum then I'd say nah thanks to them being in the same raid. Challenge gear other than carbantis can still do one though
  • I'd like to see the Rancor raid sunset and the rewards folded in to one of the other raids. There's no more point to fight the Rancor now than there is to fight the daily challenges. Need to get rid of old content at same time as new is added. Game is HUGE!

Isnt the pit the best place for advanced players to bring on a new generation of players? I recall a guy that once did that for me.

Lower level players can tackle the pit well before being able to take down either level of AAT raid fast enough to bring in the same amount of gear.

I disagree and so do the devs - simmable GW shows that. Simmable challenges, etc. That essentially removes it from the game. I get the rewards part though - rather than fold it in the other raids, just make it an automatic payout of set rewards you get throughout the week as you build up raid tickets. The action of me needing to be active in the Rancor at a set time and hit auto has zero value to my enjoyment and is a pure time waster.